24 Feb 2005: AJ Auxerre - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do feb 24, 2005 11:06 pm

Koeman get lost :redcard: . Stupid late minutes substitution on a corner kick.
Go to ADO Den Hague too !
Talk about building a new team .... we need to change (almost) everything now .... :eusa_pray:

Apostata
Contacteer:

Bericht door Apostata » do feb 24, 2005 11:23 pm

I thought they played brilliantly...as Sparta Rotterdam.

Enjoy the bowels of the lower divisions, Koeman.

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do feb 24, 2005 11:48 pm

"After nodding home Cheyrou's long freekick, Kalou ran towards the booing Ajax fans with a finger on his lips in a plea for them to keep quiet."

There is a kind of Shakespearean tragic justice about this.

Co Adriaanse is God

Bericht door Co Adriaanse is God » do feb 24, 2005 11:51 pm

Koeman had been accused of Italian catenaccio football. Eh, one thing. At least defend well if you're going to play that way! This wasn't Italian, it was Luxembourgois. Babel on an island out to sea, the occasional long ball he gets in his own half...nonchalant, shambolic defending, Obodai and Sneijder losing ball after ball and running after Auxerre players, Escude losing ball after ball in crucial moments and getting beaten for ace time after time, making a complete hash for the 2-1...

The motivation, organisation and any kind of ability to press the opponent and push forward has gone. Koeman should leave, not at the end of the season, but NOW. RIGHT NOW, TONIGHT. He has made an utter shambles of Ajax. Players don't know what to do because there are no fixed patterns in the play, meaning too much thinking, slowing down play, losing possession, lack of any movement off the ball. There is no plan to Ajax's attack. That is down to the coach. It's about as organised as a Spanish tomato fight (without the fight). The timidity of the defence was amateurish, standing pathetically off the ball and even then getting easily bypassed. If it weren't for Trabelsi and Stekelenburg, it would have been 10-1. This is even more pathetic than Maccabi. And remember: this team is one point better in the HCE than under Jan Wouters in 99-00 after the same number of games, which is hiding the fact that several games have been won in the last minute of the game, e.g. Vitesse, Heerenveen, NAC, Den Bosch to name some only in the last 10 or so games.

It's time to go NOW, Koeman.
"The manager's job is to bring together the differing wills of each individual into one collective will." - Co Adriaanse

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 25, 2005 1:03 am

A one off question - back in November against TelAviv ,I think, we had young Aborah come on as sub and for a raw 17 year old he looked good.He came on for an Ere Divisie game as well.

He has played for the Jong team since January so is not injured but Emanuelson seems to have overtaken him. He would not have made any difference but why is he not in the squad ? Poor Emanuelson looked like Daniel in the lions den.I doubt that young Aborah would have looked any different but when we are down to the bare bones in midfield he seems forgotten. Another Koeman masterpiece.

I think that Koeman should go now before he cocks up against Roda.

Mag

Bericht door Mag » vr feb 25, 2005 6:26 am

i thought we could win, it's not so hard work at all, huh? i had a dream in my dream we got lost, i woke up and i was thinking : the truth is always in the opposite side of the dream...shit! it improved to be wrong!!! i've experienced all the wrong thing could happen on Ajax.
Koeman's time needless to say will be ended,anything now seems out of his control. in the other hand, it will push him leaving Ajax faster.
Laatst gewijzigd door Mag op vr feb 25, 2005 1:35 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 25, 2005 8:06 am

I thought that Babel played well when supported (and had a nice goal), Rosales had moments (not sure why he was subbed out - Ridders didn't have time to make any contributions. Time wasting, I guess), and Trabelsi and Stekelenburg saved Ajax's ass. In my books, Trabelsi edges out Stekelenburg for MOTM.

Absolutely NO possession in the center of the pitch for large stretches of the match, meaning too many long balls up to Babel, who seemed to be playing 1 v 3 a lot.

Obodai= worthless
Sneijder= ineffective
Escude= bad
Koeman= hopefully gone?

This was my first chance to see Ajax live this year, and probably my last for a while. But I must say, I was not at all surprised to see them lose. It was inevitable the way they played.

Congratulations to Auxerre, they deserved the win.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr feb 25, 2005 9:29 am

It can all be summed up in 4 words:-

What a Bloody Disgrace
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » vr feb 25, 2005 9:55 am

Ajax looked like exactly what they are. A team whose self-confidence and self-belief has been utterly smashed. Three minutes into the game you could see that they were going to be totally overun, and it would have been a travesty if Auxerre had not got that third goal.

The defence, in particular, is just not good enough at this level. With the honourable exception of Hatem Trabelsi there just isn't enough quality in the back four. Given that Trabbers is leaving in the summer, Ajax needs to invest in an entirely new back four if they are to make progression next season. The one real defensive surprise last night was the excellent performance by Stekelenberg. He actually stopped a couple! - normally he's happy just to stand nailed to the floor and watch them fly into the net.

In midfield, Obodai has a great fighting atitude but has limited technique. Sneijder on the other hand has excellent technique, but his personal arrogance is preventing him from developing as he should. If you could marry Obodai's attitude to Sneijder's talent you would have a half-decent player. Sadly, we can't.
De Jong could be a long-term replacement for Trabelsi, but basicaly he's a defensive midfielder, as is Heitinga. So why don't we have a midfielder that can really dominate a game? Dictate the tempo and direction that a game takes? Because clearly we have no midfileders with that force of personality. For whatever reasons VdV and Pienaar are only shadows of there former selves, they need to be sold off, or revalidated into the players they once were. Either way we need to sign a dominant midfielder with the strength of personality to lead his team.

...and no, I have no clue who that might be.

The future of the forward line looks rosier, I think. I really rate Rosales, and of course Babel is the number 1 Oranje striker of the near future. I'm also one fo the few who thinks Nourdin Boukhari could be a real asset to ajax if he was to be finaly given a decent run in Ajax 1.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr feb 25, 2005 10:01 am

the only good players were Stekelenburg (excellent) Boukhari, Trabelsi and Babel (for his goal).
The rest range from mediocre to bad. Not to mention that we do not seem to have a middlefield any more.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 25, 2005 10:32 am

Match report is up...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m04-05/ ... e-3-1.html

Pardon my French, but what a bunch of fucking useless c#nts. We're fucking shit!!

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr feb 25, 2005 10:35 am

Playing Boukhari is an absolute nightmare and a liability. Its like we enter the field with only 10 players - in a good Ajax team he would be really shown-up for the journeyman he is.
I could be clutching at straws but I have to believe that any team would struggle if they have the likes of Galasek, His Royal Highness and Pienaar out of the team through injuries. On the other hand though we haven't been playing a lot better with them in the team either.

Why the f**k wasn't de Ridder on from the start? All answers on a postcard to totally confused of Bocking.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 25, 2005 11:48 am

I must admit Boukhari was not that bad yesterday...

The defense, on the other hand, is terrible. Trabelsi (top drawer) and Maxwell (good when he goes forward, terrible defensively) will leave for sure. Out of all the other defenders Escudé is the only one who can stay, in my opinion. We need to buy at least two top drawer defenders.

I've kind of had it with Johnny Heitinga (the guy just can't crack it - and never will) and I'm a fan of Nigel de Jong, but only as a right back or right midfielder. He was fucking horrible once again as a central defender. Van der Vaart must be sold now we can still get a proper fee for him.

Upfront: we need a new left winger. Rosales and Babel are good - and I still think Charisteas will be alright.

K.
Still alive...

Eric

Bericht door Eric » vr feb 25, 2005 11:53 am

and then to imagine that players are supposed to reach their peak at age 28...
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr feb 25, 2005 12:34 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:I must admit Boukhari was not that bad yesterday...

K.
You are having a laugh Ko aren't you - the guy just didn't produce anything at all from what was a fair amount of possession. If I was Maxwell I would be having disturbed nights of sleep thinking of partnering him on the left hand side. Its like knowing you have to share a room with Pizza 5 on our CL travels - a bloody frieghtening thought
If he wasn't that bad then it must have been beacause all of the others were so f***ing awful it made him look half decent.

Anyway Ko have a great time down Roda way and give them a shout for me.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » vr feb 25, 2005 1:00 pm

Boukhari did well last night with the limited posession he got. he certainly a more usefull player than Maxwell has been these last twelve months.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 25, 2005 1:01 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Anyway Ko have a great time down Roda way and give them a shout for me.
Worst case scenario: the board don't sack Koeman today, we win at Roda (God knows how) and they decide to have mercy with him.

I've reached the point where I really wouldn't mind losing if that is a guarantee for the special press conference on Monday morning we're all waiting for so eagerly.

We must sing 'Koeman piss off' at Roda, whatever happens. After an Ajax goal, after an Ajax win. We have to persist now and push him over the edge. Simple as that.

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr feb 25, 2005 1:03 pm

No need anymore Ko...Koeman resigned.. :cheer:
I think I lost my fucking headache

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 25, 2005 1:19 pm

Lucas schreef:Koeman resigned
Did he resign? Or was he sacked?

K.
Still alive...

Eric

Bericht door Eric » vr feb 25, 2005 1:22 pm

Nothing is official yet... everything is based on well-informed anonymous sources within the club.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr feb 25, 2005 1:24 pm

On Dutch radio was stated that reliable sources confirm he resigned. Of course that doesn't mean he took the initiative

Eric

Bericht door Eric » vr feb 25, 2005 1:27 pm

I don't want to get my hopes up too high Luke... I have hoped, argued and pleaded for this moment for too long...

But be warned... getting rid of Koeman is only step 1, everything can go sour if the 'management' decides for the wrong guy to follow in Ronald's footsteps...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr feb 25, 2005 1:30 pm

Let's hope that the one who is realy responsible, A. van E, also resignes!
van Geel TD and Co for Coach!

Eric

Bericht door Eric » vr feb 25, 2005 1:33 pm

I think chances to that are slimmer than the ods that one of us will land himself a date with Angelina Jolie.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 25, 2005 1:34 pm

Lucas schreef:Let's hope that the one who is realy responsible, A. van E, also resignes!
He never will. Maybe we should murder him...?

I do think Krol and Bruins Slot will also resign (solidarity and stuff).

We'll see... Let's wait for the press release (and continue this discussion in the Ajax Coaches thread...).

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie