26 JUL 2017 OGC Nice - Ajax CL 3rd Qualifying Round

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: 26 JUL 2017 OGC Nice - Ajax CL 3rd Qualifying Round

Bericht door Amol » do jul 27, 2017 3:39 am

Just watched the highlights and on the goal which we conceded, it initially appeared as if Schone misplaced his pass. On watching it a few more times, its clear that Nice's #26 who was right behind Schone, kicked through Schone's legs to pass the ball to another player.

Watch 2:19 - 2:21 in the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41lC-AaiUXg

It was still Schone's mistake as he didn't get rid of the ball early, but it wasn't a misplaced pass by him.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jul 27, 2017 7:56 am

Considering Ajax have not prepared properly, due to the circumstances, I was convinced that Ajax would lose, and hoped it wouldn't be that bad, e.g. 3-1 or 4-2. So this is a good result to take back to Amsterdam, however Ajax still need reinforcements, I don't understand why they don't go for emergency buys such as Rick van Drongelen who is a left sided defender, he can play at centre or wing back. As for a back up centre back for Sanchez, I would go for Leo Santos who is 18 years old, and that's ok, he isn't expected to be thrown in the first team, he can use his first year to develop and settle in. As for the attack, why the hell isn't Ajax signing Jermaine Lens? At one point he was in the Ajax youth academy.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jul 27, 2017 7:56 am

Considering Ajax have not prepared properly, due to the circumstances, I was convinced that Ajax would lose, and hoped it wouldn't be that bad, e.g. 3-1 or 4-2. So this is a good result to take back to Amsterdam, however Ajax still need reinforcements, I don't understand why they don't go for emergency buys such as Rick van Drongelen who is a left sided defender, he can play at centre or wing back. As for a back up centre back for Sanchez, I would go for Leo Santos who is 18 years old, and that's ok, he isn't expected to be thrown in the first team, he can use his first year to develop and settle in. As for the attack, why the hell isn't Ajax signing Jermaine Lens? At one point he was in the Ajax youth academy.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » do jul 27, 2017 11:40 am

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Considering all that the squad, and management, have had to go through over the past few days, this was a really excellent display!!! I was amazed at the quick, high pressure during the first 10 minutes, this clearly shaking the home team. The only downside was that the team will have to get used to this method....I hope, and improve the quick passing....BUT....this is the first time for many years that I have almost been in tears at the final whistle as TOTAL effort was made by all...who for....? Make your own mind up!!!
When you can substitute the captain with someone so confident and, because he's team captain, one is prepared to accept a card "for the team", this young group of players might be on the verge of returning to the past!!!

Thank you all...and I look forward to the return next week.......

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 27, 2017 12:59 pm

All season this team will play for Appie ,kind of think he is inspiring them. Of all the players Donny has been the closest to Appie, going back to them being little lads, but what a superb goal ,not sure but it looked like he was crying a bit when he signaled 3 4 with his fingers after he scored.

Plaats reactie