9 NOV 2014 Cambuur Leeuwarden - Ajax Match Day 12

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: 9 NOV 2014 Cambuur Leeuwarden - Ajax Match Day 12

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 09, 2014 2:37 pm

One certainty,Milik has to start every game,he is a natural scorer and we need to pay the 2.8 m euros for his permenant transfer in January. Siggy does work hard but in my opinion does not fit into the Ajax style of football

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo nov 09, 2014 3:34 pm

I thought that Serero was ok as a defensive mid. From what I could see through my halting stream was a team that was frustratingly reactive and lacked a certain amount of initiative. Nonetheless, I'm glad Milik scored and that we got three points.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo nov 09, 2014 3:47 pm

A flattering score line in the end as a Ajax played much better in the second half both on offense and defense to put away a stubborn Cambuur side. Maybe the players weren't completely awake in the opening five minutes as the double blunder by van Rhijn (poor cross pass) and Cillessen (whatever was he thinking) gifted a goal. Two quick goals on some nice passing and clinical finishing made it 2-1 at the halfway point. Penalty should have never been called by the substitute official as it was a clear dive.

Player Ratings:

Cillessen (6) - really dumb first play to give the goal but came up big with a couple of good saves to keep the scoreline down; continued his dubious record of never saving a penalty in competition for club and country
Boilesen (5.5) - too many give aways to score higher but had some really good defensive challenges
Moisander (6.5) - did well but maybe it's time for him to move on since he will be out of contract in June
Veltman (7.5) - clinical display throughout the match
van Rhijn (6) - would have been higher were it not for a couple of really bad passes
Serero (6) - was at his best in the last 25 minutes when there was lots of space on the pitch
Andersen (5.5) - easily dispossessed several times and a bad pass let Cambuur in on goal
Klaassen (7) - worked his butt off all match long; nice finish on the second goal
Schöne (6.5) - solid match
Milik (6.5) - a Miroslave Klose type of game; invisible for huge stretches but knows how to score
el Ghazi (7) - too selfish on the 4th goal and lucky that it went in, should have passed to van Rhijn; otherwise rock solid in possession
Riedewald (5.5) - decent enough coming in for Andersen; wonder what this means for Bazoer?
Sigthorrsson (5) - did nothing bad or good
Zimling (5) - skied a shot over the goal late

Off next weekend for the international break then home to Heerenveen and away to PSG very quickly afterward in the CL.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Look forward to seeing Sinkgraven of Heerenveen as we are linked with him. Andersen is improving and has a good football brain but is too lightweight,too easily knocked off the ball and weak at tackling.I would say at 20 he is probably still more of a lightweight than Eriksen was at 18 when he made his debut.

I wont put money on Ajax buying another attacking MF as I see V d Beek,coming into Jong Ajax after Christmas and ending the season on our first team bench. He already looks physically strong enough to cope with senior football whereas Nouri is still a bit lightweight,he may need another year before coming into our squad but has hugh talent .In addition Schone could play MF when Fischer is fit.

Serero played well as the DM and I see him playing there this season with Riedewald coming on and getting more time in that position.I think Riedewald will become a good player and DM his main position,he plays LB and CD.Ajax still have high hopes with Bazoer and he has only just turned 18 so plenty of time for him.

Plaats reactie