25 Feb 2010: Juventus FC - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: 25 Feb 2010: Juventus FC - Ajax

Bericht door Amol » do feb 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Van basten schreef:Any working stream????
Rojadirecta.org has at least 20 channels.

Kilroy

Bericht door Kilroy » do feb 25, 2010 8:35 pm

Ronald! kindly gave me this stream:

http://www.vrijblijvend.com/nvs01.html

I have Gol TV via satellite so I don't need it.

Kilroy

Bericht door Kilroy » do feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Amol schreef:
Orange14 schreef:AFAIK, they don't; I have GolTV (but unfortunately am at work today!) and it's a regular digital channel but of very high quality. Fox Soccer Channel does, but Verizon FIOS in the DC area doesn't carry the HD line yet.
Same here. The one day that Gol TV is showing an Ajax match, I'm stuck at work.

Time Warner doesn't carry the HD FSC either.
Time Warner cable on the West Coast is great for e-mail (Road Runner) but sucks big time for TV and phone.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do feb 25, 2010 8:39 pm

Kilroy schreef:Ronald! kindly gave me this stream:

The schow psv game

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do feb 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Van basten schreef:

The schow psv game
The game hasn't started yet. Starting in 20 minutes.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do feb 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Amol schreef:
Van basten schreef:Any working stream????
Rojadirecta.org has at least 20 channels.
I know, but i tried 15 of them and they show everything but not Ajax!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 25, 2010 8:41 pm

orange goblin schreef: they should fear us if we score as soon as possibile. juventus is a team with problems, zaccheroni is doing a good job but is going against his ideas to save the boat: he likes dutch football and ajax in particular (for this reason is one of the few italian coaches I esteem), but plays 5 defenders.
I don't think we'll do it, but I think we can make them panic.
and yes, juventus is the team I hate the most in the world, so come on guys. let me smile.
They have lots of problems. They are a very slow team as was in evidence last week. Their defense can be quite porous and their front line does have difficulty scoring. I think Camorenesi is back for this match and he will bring some needed speed to the wing but I don't know whether he is fully match fit. Zaccheroni has said that his priority is ensuring Juventus qualifies for CL football next year which means they need a third place finish to assure qualification. That will be challenging given that Inter, Roma and Milan are all significantly ahead of them. For this reason, he is less interested in the Europa matches.

They are not my most hated team in the world. I remember when Edgar Davids was playing midfield and that wasn't too many years ago. I truly hate the club management which has been very dishonest over the years and penalized for cheating. I do respect most of the players who stayed with the team when they were sent down to the second division (Zlatan was one who did jump ship, moving to Inter but Buffon, del Piero, and others sucked it up and road the bus throughout the provinces for a season).

Anyway, I share others slight optimism today and if we play like we did last week, I will be a happy camper!! :ajaxscarf.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do feb 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Van basten schreef:I know, but i tried 15 of them and they show everything but not Ajax!
Well hopefully a few of them switch to the Ajax game when it starts. :aai.gif:

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do feb 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Amol schreef:
Van basten schreef:

The schow psv game
The game hasn't started yet. Starting in 20 minutes.
:drecul.gif: :biggthumpup.gif: Damn i somehow thought that the game starts 20.05 :excited.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 25, 2010 8:45 pm

The full listing of all streams is at: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports for this match. It depends on which client you are using. The Sopcast feed of NVS1 is usually quite good over here in the US
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do feb 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Orange14 schreef:
orange goblin schreef: they should fear us if we score as soon as possibile. juventus is a team with problems, zaccheroni is doing a good job but is going against his ideas to save the boat: he likes dutch football and ajax in particular (for this reason is one of the few italian coaches I esteem), but plays 5 defenders.
I don't think we'll do it, but I think we can make them panic.
and yes, juventus is the team I hate the most in the world, so come on guys. let me smile.
They have lots of problems. They are a very slow team as was in evidence last week. Their defense can be quite porous and their front line does have difficulty scoring. I think Camorenesi is back for this match and he will bring some needed speed to the wing but I don't know whether he is fully match fit. Zaccheroni has said that his priority is ensuring Juventus qualifies for CL football next year which means they need a third place finish to assure qualification. That will be challenging given that Inter, Roma and Milan are all significantly ahead of them. For this reason, he is less interested in the Europa matches.

They are not my most hated team in the world. I remember when Edgar Davids was playing midfield and that wasn't too many years ago. I truly hate the club management which has been very dishonest over the years and penalized for cheating. I do respect most of the players who stayed with the team when they were sent down to the second division (Zlatan was one who did jump ship, moving to Inter but Buffon, del Piero, and others sucked it up and road the bus throughout the provinces for a season).

Anyway, I share others slight optimism today and if we play like we did last week, I will be a happy camper!! :ajaxscarf.gif:
Camorenesi is a pretty smart and quick player, but is not in the starting 11 right now.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Got lucky with the goal post as we didn't appear to be marking anyone on the del Piero free kick!

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do feb 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Our defenders (and keeper?) have huge troubles on each free kick / corner. :excited.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do feb 25, 2010 9:43 pm

And I don't speak about the other players... It's a shame that Ajax are that bad cause their keeper didn't look great the few times he had to catch the ball.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do feb 25, 2010 9:52 pm

I sense great fear in us. lets go out and whatever happens happens
May the Force be with you

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do feb 25, 2010 9:53 pm

We can't create anything. I say let Urby instead of Eriksen and Lodeiro instead of Mickey.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do feb 25, 2010 9:56 pm

Well I have do admit manninger did shit for now...what a miss that one of vertonghen in the box..after a great start we have become too slow for this kind of game. I say: play rommedahl and emanuelson instead of eriksen and vertonghen, who seemed to me pretty awful, return to dear old 4-3-3 and what happens happens.
O tempora o mores

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 25, 2010 9:58 pm

all that can be said is that every Juve free and corner kick is a real adventure for our defense. The woodwork and some good fortune have kept the ball out of Stek's net. We are having great difficulty in going forward out of our own end. It will be increasingly difficult in the 2nd half as they really pack things in. Unfortunately we don't have any players who are good in the air off of corner or free kicks. Vertonghen appears to be having a very poor match.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » do feb 25, 2010 10:00 pm

One of the worst 45 minutes of Ajax football that I can ever remember. Jol has the strategic insight of a chimpanzee. Ajax are playing without width, everything is going down the centre which is exactly what Juve want. Alex Manninger is a goalkeeping basket-case and Ajax have done precisely nothing to put him under pressure.

Vertongen and Van der Wiel are quite shockingly bad, I've never seen two Ajax players give the ball away as often as they have. Eriksen and Pantalic seem incapable of holding on to the ball, Suljemani and De Jong just can't get into the game.

It's a shame we can only bring on three substitutes, we could do with about nine.

Kilroy

Bericht door Kilroy » do feb 25, 2010 10:07 pm

It's 'deja-vu all over again'. The simple truth is that this Ajax desperately lacks talent. Eriksen may have it but he just turned 18 and can't handle it physically. Give him a few years and 20 pounds, maybe then. If you want to blame somebody, blame v. Basten. He emptied the til, had to have Sulimani for 16 million, etc.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do feb 25, 2010 10:09 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:One of the worst 45 minutes of Ajax football that I can ever remember. Jol has the strategic insight of a chimpanzee. Ajax are playing without width, everything is going down the centre which is exactly what Juve want. Alex Manninger is a goalkeeping basket-case and Ajax have done precisely nothing to put him under pressure.

Vertongen and Van der Wiel are quite shockingly bad, I've never seen two Ajax players give the ball away as often as they have. Eriksen and Pantalic seem incapable of holding on to the ball, Suljemani and De Jong just can't get into the game.

It's a shame we can only bring on three substitutes, we could do with about nine.
They are playing with 5 defenders and we are trying to play every ball to Van der Wiel and Vertonghen who can't do anything going forward. I don't think Pantelic, Sulejmani, De Jong and Eriksen got a single ball after the first 15 minutes.

I would put in Anita and put Vertonghen in the middle in place of maybe Oleguer.

Also, VD Wiel needs to practice his throw ins.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do feb 25, 2010 10:19 pm

The first 10 minutes of the second half are better but it would be quite typical to concede a goal now...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Felipe Melo should have been out of the match by now. He's one of the most cynical players I've seen this season and at least two challenges warranted yellow cards.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Orange14 schreef:Felipe Melo should have been out of the match by now. He's one of the most cynical players I've seen this season and at least two challenges warranted yellow cards.
Well he finally got one.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do feb 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Can someone tell me about Suik?
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Plaats reactie