29 Jan 2006: Ajax - FC Utrecht

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

bryan

Bericht door bryan » zo jan 29, 2006 10:34 pm

He made a foul when all his teammates were up front after which Utrecht took the FK quickly and walked to the goal with two players against one (although in all honesty this shouldn't have been allowed since the ball never stopped rolling). This was the 1-3.
You can't criticise him for doing this, it was a professional foul. If he hadn't done it then Utrecht would have scored anyway.

I think Jol played advantage, which was fair enough.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma jan 30, 2006 1:22 am

Let us first do smth for the team that is falling apart. And then look for a new coach. The team is bleeding. Loosing big players every season and with a defence that whenever I watch an Ajax game(it isnt often cause we dont get the Dutch matches in Greece) plays worse than me and my friends.
They play as if they dont care about the team. A if they are there only for that game and then they leave. Like merceneries. Ths it we have a defence full of merceneries, with some exeptions,rare. And very few times they are perfoming
May the Force be with you

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma jan 30, 2006 9:39 am

Call Leo Beenhakker back and give him the chance to put order in ajax system togheter with van geel
O tempora o mores

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma jan 30, 2006 10:07 am

May I first say that I think that Danny Blind should go.

However, lets just stop for a few seconds and give this guy some respect. He is Ajax through and through and as such how do you think he is feeling at the moment. Do you think that he is happy that his Ajax is in this position. Give the guy a break - he is out of his depth and probably knows he is out of his depth. The board should put him out of his misery

Ajax needs a big ego to be coach to handle all the players who have big egos. I therefore nominate the return of Co to team up with Van Geel again.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma jan 30, 2006 10:24 am

Over Pasanens Head schreef:However, lets just stop for a few seconds and give this guy some respect. He is Ajax through and through and as such how do you think he is feeling at the moment. Do you think that he is happy that his Ajax is in this position. Give the guy a break - he is out of his depth and probably knows he is out of his depth. The board should put him out of his misery
At least there is someone here who thinks like me ... :xyxthumbs: :worshippy:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma jan 30, 2006 10:40 am

The current board has brought Ajax nothing but disaster.
Since van Praag left, we have lost our best players, most of them being sold for a ridiculous prices, hired more or less mediocre ones in replacement, and lost our best technical staff members. And the competition results have never been so bad.
The chairman and the board sould all resign.
Enough is enough.

More bad results in the coming games (cup, rottendam, inter Milan) would be final.
Appie, stay strong !

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » ma jan 30, 2006 1:18 pm

orange goblin schreef:Call Leo Beenhakker back and give him the chance to put order in ajax system togheter with van geel
The problem with this is that Beenhakker left under very specific circumstances. Unless the husband of the woman he was having an affair with has quite Ajax in the mean time, I don't see how Beenhakker could come back.

Top coach though, I'll grant you. You only have to look at players we brought when he was D.o.F. - Zlatan, Mido, Maxwell, Trabelsi etc.

dws

Bericht door dws » ma jan 30, 2006 3:47 pm

I would love Co to return as coach, however would he want to return given the way he was treated during his previous tenure?

If we had the option of Co or Van Gaal I would choose for Co, but only because it could make for a more exciting Eredivisie.

Ajax with Adriaannse, AZ with Van Gaal, PSV and Feyenoord as they are and a fast improving Groningen could make for a very interesting title race in a year or two.

dws

Bericht door dws » ma jan 30, 2006 3:52 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef:However, lets just stop for a few seconds and give this guy some respect. He is Ajax through and through and as such how do you think he is feeling at the moment. Do you think that he is happy that his Ajax is in this position. Give the guy a break - he is out of his depth and probably knows he is out of his depth. The board should put him out of his misery
At least there is someone here who thinks like me ... :xyxthumbs: :worshippy:
Reminds me of Jan Wouters.

Undertaker

Bericht door Undertaker » ma jan 30, 2006 5:26 pm

Listen, Blind is the same guy who was criticizing Koeman and Wouters in the past, not to mention the same one who didn't do a particular smashing job as manager football. He was always so confident he would be doing a better job than the coaches mentioned before... and clearly he underestimated the job. It is no point attacking the guy on a personal level, nor destroying him. But let's be real, as a coach he is utter crap at this moment.
Try me, I'll make you famous.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jan 30, 2006 5:42 pm

I prefer Van Gaal to Co adriaanse, Co isnt good for the long run just the short run, just take a look at AZ. Co is autocratic and an ultra authortarian, for those of you who dispute this remember the time in his reign when he had outcasted Winter, Witschge, Arveladze and Vierklau, and also turned down Van Basten to coach the young Ajax.

dws

Bericht door dws » ma jan 30, 2006 6:09 pm

Ayman schreef:I prefer Van Gaal to Co adriaanse, Co isnt good for the long run just the short run, just take a look at AZ. Co is autocratic and an ultra authortarian, for those of you who dispute this remember the time in his reign when he had outcasted Winter, Witschge, Arveladze and Vierklau, and also turned down Van Basten to coach the young Ajax.
Co and Van Gaal are like two peas in a pod.

Vierklau was a dud and Winter was very poor in his second spell at Ajax.

Richard Witschge never became the player he should have been.

Remember, Ajax had Zlatan and Mido ...... letting Arveladze go was not such a bad decision.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jan 31, 2006 5:55 am

Forget Co. I nominate Ko, as in our very own Kowalczyk. He'd make a fine coach. :xyxthumbs:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di jan 31, 2006 6:01 am

Why don't we evaluate in the summer. And if the conclusion is that Blind is more in his place with the youths then we might be able to sign Van Basten & Van 't Schip. They're sure to be bored with the KNVB by then.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di jan 31, 2006 7:02 am

Dubbel schreef:Why don't we evaluate in the summer. And if the conclusion is that Blind is more in his place with the youths then we might be able to sign Van Basten & Van 't Schip. They're sure to be bored with the KNVB by then.
As much as I would love to see Van Basten at the helm, I just can't see him leaving the Dutch post for a stint at Ajax. I hear Italy calling...

Undertaker

Bericht door Undertaker » di jan 31, 2006 8:05 am

Why this confidence in Van Basten?
Is it his extensive experience?
Or perhaps it is the impressive display of soccer by Holland in the qualifying matches?
Could it be his verbal skills and publicity skills?
Maybe the achievements with Young Ajax, a fair compensation for coaching a premiere league team for years.

Or you just hope he will do good because he was the greatest striker ever?

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di jan 31, 2006 8:57 am

Undertaker schreef:Or you just hope he will do good because he was the greatest striker ever?
I agree. We need someone who has proved himself as a coach, not as a player only. Not saying Van Basten won't become a top notch coach, but he hasn't proved it yet. And he isn't availible anyway...
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 31, 2006 9:07 am

jakobg schreef:Not saying Van Basten won't become a top notch coach, but he hasn't proved it yet. And he isn't availible anyway...
That's true, but in my book Van Basten has already proved more than Koeman, Blind, Gullit, Wouters and Rijkaard combined. The five players I am summing up here are all from Van Basten's generation and they all had their f*ck-ups in the first years of their coaching careers.

His current Oranje job is Van Basten's first job and he didn't do it the easy way: it was his job to kick a whole generation of players out of the door and qualify for the World Cup with a totally new generation.

He has completed this process without any mercy and throughout the campaign he has made clear that he absolutely doesn't give a sh*t about what anyonehas to say about it. The press, the fans, the clubs, even the KNVB: he will listen to them, answer their question and smile in a polite, but superior way - but he does it his way and he there is no discussion.

It is true that Holland's play still isn't great (not worse than under Advocaat, but in many games almost as poor), but Holland qualified with an absolutely stunning amount of points, in spite of the fact that Van Basten put a whole new team together.

Van Basten is as stoical as J.C. himself -- and that's probably his #1 quality compared to Blind, Wouters, Gullit and even Rijkaard: Van Basten does not give a sh*t. He has this natural aura of independence which I really, really like. Yet, he is always friendly, never paranoid, never even grumpy. And he never loses his wit.

I think he's tha bomb.

K.
Still alive...

Undertaker

Bericht door Undertaker » di jan 31, 2006 9:34 am

I presume that after Koeman got axed, you were delighted with the appointment of Blind, because he was the captain of Ajax' CL winning team, a real clubman, someone who would restore the Ajax tradition and he knew all the youth players... he would be a fantastic coach etc.

And now Van Basten should replace Blind because his prime quality is 'being stoic'?

Right...

Things like tactical knowledge, motivation and team management skills, experience are greatly overestimated so it seems.

Ofcourse, it could go wrong, but I wonder why the big multinational companies hire the most experienced people with a proven track record as CEO. Not a guarantee for success, but the chance is for sure bigger than with a rookie.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 31, 2006 9:36 am

Undertaker schreef:And now Van Basten should replace Blind because his prime quality is 'being stoic'?
Not what I'm saying. I'm just sharing with you why I admire the man (and why I already admire him considerably more than the other bunch I mentioned).

Van Basten will skip Ajax and move to Milan.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di jan 31, 2006 10:00 am

aveslacker schreef:Forget Co. I nominate Ko, as in our very own Kowalczyk. He'd make a fine coach. :xyxthumbs:
He listens to ROCK-music and drinks beer. Not much of a role model for our youngsters :D :headbang:
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di jan 31, 2006 10:35 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Van Basten is as stoical as J.C. himself -- and that's probably his #1 quality compared to Blind, Wouters, Gullit and even Rijkaard: Van Basten does not give a sh*t. He has this natural aura of independence which I really, really like. Yet, he is always friendly, never paranoid, never even grumpy. And he never loses his wit.

I think he's tha bomb.

K.
Agree with you on this one Ko. I have to admit, I have total and utter respect for vB as a footballer, more so than as a coach. But he is one of these characters that can lift a team based on who he is, not what he can do.

Even the smartarse players in the squad have to look up to him, because he has done it all before (*don't mention the wc :blush: *). They also know he is the boss.

Doesn't matter anyway. I would think if Holland do well or not so well in the WC van the man is off to Milan. Then we shall see if he is made for coaching. I am leaning toward the 'yes' side.

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » di jan 31, 2006 11:09 am

I love the way we are all banding ideas around about who should succeed Blind when he hasnt been sacked,yet!.Whoever takes over will have a hell of a task putting together a huge club with great traditions,but will worry as to why its losing its better players for peanuts because the wont renew their contracts.Somebody has to come in from the outside,somebody with no connection with the club who can really see the whole picture for what it is.I'd go for a foriegn manager with a track record of success.Answers on a postcard to EE,c/o Ajaxtalk. :xyxthumbs:

dws

Bericht door dws » di jan 31, 2006 12:16 pm

English Eagle schreef:I love the way we are all banding ideas around about who should succeed Blind when he hasnt been sacked,yet!.Whoever takes over will have a hell of a task putting together a huge club with great traditions,but will worry as to why its losing its better players for peanuts because the wont renew their contracts.Somebody has to come in from the outside,somebody with no connection with the club who can really see the whole picture for what it is.I'd go for a foriegn manager with a track record of success.Answers on a postcard to EE,c/o Ajaxtalk. :xyxthumbs:
We can anly guess at Van Geel's assessment of Danny Blind. Danny could still be head coach at the start of next season.

I would only be happy if Ajax contract a Dutch speaking coach.
Laatst gewijzigd door dws op di jan 31, 2006 12:26 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 31, 2006 12:18 pm

We need a strong coach with some success behind him to rebuild this club.Looks like my estimate of 12/15 first teamers going by the summer will be right so a complete rebuild is needed. Trouble is Blind has already signed Krohn-Delhi and De Mul to come back, we need better palyers than these.

Plaats reactie