27 Sep 2005: Ajax - Arsenal FC

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo sep 28, 2005 2:42 pm

dws schreef:Bluedaddy are you aware that ArnoldVdh on Big soccer boards is an F'nerd fan? No doubt he will be on the bbc boards(6o6) slagging of Ajax with his fellow kakkerlaken and ADO supporting friends.

yeah, and for all i care they go scurry under a refrigerator together
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » wo sep 28, 2005 3:01 pm

I thought the referee had a decent game, and some of you people are either paranoid or delusional. You can't continue to excuse ajax's poor results by blaming defeat on the referees, week in, week out.

The camera angle from behind the goal showed quite clearly that Vonk took the players feet and not the ball. It was a wreckless challenge, which should have been red-carded. Vonk is very old to be that naive. If Bogdan is still fit we should give him the first team spot, otherwise give Vermeer a chance.

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » wo sep 28, 2005 3:10 pm

Get some glasse PC.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo sep 28, 2005 3:12 pm

Why some people always find excuses for the referee belongs to psychology. And claiming that a good team should be able to overcome biased refereeing really is a funny statement.
The fact is that many wrong decisions were made against Ajax yesterday, the most obvious being the mad aggression on Charisteas.
Touré should obviously have been sent off, and that’s to avoid it that he pretended to be hurt.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 28, 2005 3:40 pm

Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo sep 28, 2005 4:01 pm

"Ajax will have to grab four points at the very least from the upcoming 'double confrontation' with the dark horse from Switzerland"

I think Ajax could afford to lose one of those Swiss games (but that will not happen of course), beat Prague and end second.
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo sep 28, 2005 4:21 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:I thought the referee had a decent game, and some of you people are either paranoid or delusional. You can't continue to excuse ajax's poor results by blaming defeat on the referees, week in, week out.
Agreed. A referee botching a call or two here or there should not detract from the point that Ajax is, right now, a work in progress. The referee, for example, is not responsible for the number of chances squandered by the strikers.

Perhaps in a few months time we will be discussing how the sucky referee kept the score from being 6-1 instead of 5-1. (Well, I can always dream, can't I?) But for right now, Ajax is a team with potential, but still a long way to go towards achieving it.

That said, I share Bluedaddy's disgust with all the playacting that goes on in the game today. Even if we exclude Reyes' actions, there are plenty of other examples out there. You see it every week in all leagues and all competitions: Rooney vs. Arsenal last year; Nedved falling down against NL in the EC, earning a card for Heitinga; the entire Argentinian team in every game they play; every Mexican who plays at the professional level; Lamm's schwalbe in EC '04 which led to a German goal against Holland; every Italian who has every touched a football. Oh, and Ljungberg. He's terrible, too (apologies to my Scandinavian friends out there). It is one of my least favorite aspects of this beautiful game.

Ok, rant over.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo sep 28, 2005 4:58 pm

Catched the game last night.... Here's my two cents.

1)Arsenal's opening goal was a dream goal for Wenger it made the game fall easaly into what arsenals inicial plan was...lay back and counteratack.

2)Ljungberg might be and overrated player as some say, but his blood is as cold as they come, few players(no one in our current squad) can finish that chance like he did, just ask Pienaar or Bouckhari.

3)Playing Vermaelen from the start was a big mistake, he is still young and looked nervous as hell, he should have been more agresive on Reyes before he sent Ljungberg through. He did really start playing better after he got his bearings back but playing him having Escude available was as I said before tu risky( first he's the captain, then he's benched???), he almost cost us 2 more goals.If Blind had the intention of playing him in the champs league he should have waited until the Thun game.

4)Pienaar was dreadful...plain and simple, he is not number ten quality he is number 8 quality, give the ten to Wesley.

5)We missed Trabelsi dearly, De Jong had an average game but you can see that he has gotten used to midfield, he lacked drive forward and had no chemistry wathsoever with the right wing(Babel)

6)Babel should play on the left side or at center forward.

7)Must i say that we missed Sneijder?, nahhhh

8)Vonk is shit... bring back Boggy or play Vermeer.

9)Rosenberg is going to be our starter, not because Harry played poorly but because by the looks of it he at least has a mild concussion wich means three weeks of(if not more).

10)Hleb was the best player on the field and played Lindenbergh of the park.

11) Galasek has a rifle on his right leg( Pienaar has a banana).

12)The penalty should have not been given it was a dive but it was not a surprise that the ref called it... We had one against Roda dident we, so we cant complain... it happens, get over it.

13) We currently are a posession machine(over 60% again) but not much else.

14)We can still make it trough... have faith :eusa_pray: and a little luck :eusa_dance: that we have lacked so far.

15)This is getting to long.

I finish this with a disturbing stat Ajax has won only ONE of its last 10 games in the champions league....NOT GOOD :nooo: .

Peace.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo sep 28, 2005 5:02 pm

philippe schreef:Why some people always find excuses for the referee belongs to psychology.
And what about the people focused on everything but Ajax's play to explain each defeat ? ;)
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 28, 2005 5:25 pm

Good analysis, Venezuelan Ajacied, except for one thing...
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:3)Playing Vermaelen from the start was a big mistake, he is still young and looked nervous as hell, he should have been more agresive on Reyes before he sent Ljungberg through. He did really start playing better after he got his bearings back but playing him having Escude available was as I said before tu risky( first he's the captain, then he's benched???), he almost cost us 2 more goals.
Vermaelen was voted 'Man of the Match'. I thought he was very good...

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo sep 28, 2005 5:27 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef: And what about the people focused on everything but Ajax's play to explain each defeat ? ;)

this is untrue, and i believe a garbage penalty given in the 68th minute of 2-1 result is certainly something to complain about, not to mention an ignored obvious red card that knocks our striker out of the match in the second half

if you'd like, we can sit here for even longer talking about how little arsenal did to deserve the victory... for cripes sake, they couldn't string three passes together for an hour

all in all, i can comfortably say i detected a definitive double standard from the ref last night - i really don't see why i have to just sit here and take it with a smile... i'm just not that guy who can get screwed and say 'oh, it's fine'

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo sep 28, 2005 6:37 pm

if you'd like, we can sit here for even longer talking about how little arsenal did to deserve the victory... for cripes sake, they couldn't string three passes together for an hour
Well no, because Ajax spent most of the first half passing the ball around Vonk's penalty box. I think Arsenal were content to let them do that, considering they were winning 1-0 at the time.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo sep 28, 2005 6:46 pm

anyone who wants to concede this as a losing penalty is buggin'

EL DIVO GRANDE

Afbeelding

dws

Bericht door dws » wo sep 28, 2005 6:54 pm

I don't recall reading a single post which states that the penalty award was the reason Ajax lost the game. It seems to me the biggest complainers and biggest issue makers are those who agree with the referee

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » wo sep 28, 2005 7:07 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: Vermaelen was voted 'Man of the Match'. I thought he was very good...
Hmm, I thought he looked very insecure and a bit nervous at times. He is very young though, maybe we've got a solid defender coming up here.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo sep 28, 2005 7:21 pm

Yup Tomas was stable in my point of view.

We could have something good coming up here now.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo sep 28, 2005 7:22 pm

dws schreef:I don't recall reading a single post which states that the penalty award was the reason Ajax lost the game. It seems to me the biggest complainers and biggest issue makers are those who agree with the referee

exactly! i only felt it cost us a draw, i never said we should have won

had he not called the PK, we could have all sat in here and bitched at AJAX for not winning... the way it should have been :xyxthumbs:

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo sep 28, 2005 7:31 pm

Now that I see that animation I'm even more convinced it's a penalty. Yes, Reyes made the most of it, but that doesn't mean he wasn't fouled. Vonk didn't get the ball and obstructed Reyes - dive or no dive.

If it had happened up the other end and it hadn't been given people would be complaining the ref for not giving it.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo sep 28, 2005 7:36 pm

bryan schreef:Now that I see that animation I'm even more convinced it's a penalty.

If it had happened up the other end and it hadn't been given people would be complaining the ref for not giving it.

oh. my. god. i give up

and by the way, i say a bad call is a bad call no matter who gets it - i don't know how you do things, but i've been screaming at boukhari since saturday for pulling that weak crap - i would never EVER cry about not getting that call... in fact, i would hope the ref carded my player for doing it

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo sep 28, 2005 7:38 pm

Per schreef:Yup Tomas was stable in my point of view.

We could have something good coming up here now.

he was outstanding positionally, but makes me a little nervous everytime he actually has to kick the ball :D

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo sep 28, 2005 8:01 pm

bryan schreef:Now that I see that animation I'm even more convinced it's a penalty. Yes, Reyes made the most of it, but that doesn't mean he wasn't fouled. Vonk didn't get the ball and obstructed Reyes - dive or no dive.

Can't agree with that at all. Reyes clearly brings his left foot into Vonk, initiating the contact, then collapses. This is clear simulation in my book, and it is wrong no matter who does it.

It would have been one thing had Vonk initiated contact, say by bumping him, and Reyes exaggerated it by falling over, but for Reyes to initiate the contact and then flop is another thing entirely.

I find it hard to believe that Reyes, a player for a top football club, who possesses world class balance and coordination, could not have hurdled Vonk.

I wish to repeat, though, that as annoying as all this was/is, it is of secondary importance to the main issue at hand: Ajax's inability to score more.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » wo sep 28, 2005 8:34 pm

I cant wait to go to Highbury,win 1-0 with a dodgy penalty & wait for BlueDaddy to come on here & say it should have been 0-0. ;)

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo sep 28, 2005 8:51 pm

English Eagle schreef:I cant wait to go to Highbury,win 1-0 with a dodgy penalty & wait for BlueDaddy to come on here & say it should have been 0-0. ;)

dodgy, eh? i find it most disturbing that we have come to the point in football where that poor a dive is simply shrugged off as a normally appopriate penalty call

it's time to bring some NHL referees in and teach them the game, that simulation crap would be gone in two months

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do sep 29, 2005 12:26 am

bluedaddy19 schreef:
English Eagle schreef:I cant wait to go to Highbury,win 1-0 with a dodgy penalty & wait for BlueDaddy to come on here & say it should have been 0-0. ;)

dodgy, eh? i find it most disturbing that we have come to the point in football where that poor a dive is simply shrugged off as a normally appopriate penalty call

it's time to bring some NHL referees in and teach them the game, that simulation crap would be gone in two months

Yeah and whats next ??? Have a penalty box?? By the way the NHL is becoming to penalty oriented, last i heard there were like 20-25 penaltis a game thats 40-50 minutes of playing time out of a 60 minute game... I know i know :offtopic: I get your point blue daddy but you win some you loose some just like Life.

Chill bro, peace.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do sep 29, 2005 8:08 am

bluedaddy19 schreef: i really don't see why i have to just sit here and take it with a smile... i'm just not that guy who can get screwed and say 'oh, it's fine'
don't complain, a red card and a penalty, not more .... :shithappens:
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie