11 Dec 2009: Ajax - NEC

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

11 Dec 2009: Ajax - NEC

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 06, 2009 6:08 pm

Okay folks, December 11th, marchday 16 in the Dutch Eredivisie and the 'Remainder Of The Season' starts here.

Title quest is over; what else is new?

Anyway: Ajax vs NEC. Friday evening match. Kick-off time is 20:45 CET. Anita and Enoh suspended.

K.
Still alive...

Rooie

Re: 11 Dec 2009: Ajax - NEC

Bericht door Rooie » wo dec 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Eriksen will make his debut in the selection this friday, according to Martin Jol at the pre match press conference.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo dec 09, 2009 8:01 pm

I dont believe the title chase is over yet. Sure we make bad games but, I think bad luck has to strike the top 2 at some point and if we want it badly we're gonna get all 6 points against them and lets wait and see
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo dec 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Good news about Eriksen , shame he is not Dutch, but the future is to the youth.

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » wo dec 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Im making the trip over for this, making the weekend of it.

Have heard that apparently there is going to be some sort of boycott from the VAK410 ultras because of an 11 month banning order given to them for taking some fireworks on a bus to Utrecht.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo dec 09, 2009 10:15 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Yes, I'm over for this one....a lovely weekend.....that's the joy of a Friday evening match!

Looking forward to the Arena at night again... :blub.gif: always seems to be a better atmosphere......and despite what everyone's saying....there's still over half of the season left. We're not the ONLY ones who can cock things up.....although we do seem to do it better than anyone else!!! :drecul.gif:

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo dec 09, 2009 10:18 pm

SaddlerIan schreef:We're not the ONLY ones who can cock things up.....although we do seem to do it better than anyone else!!! :drecul.gif:
That's really funny :biggrin.gif:.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do dec 10, 2009 3:35 am

Truer words were never spoke. Time to put NEC to the sword and lift the spirits !! :ajaxscarf.gif: Especially going into the winner takes the group match v. Anderlecht.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » vr dec 11, 2009 8:37 pm

"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr dec 11, 2009 9:02 pm

I wish Aisatti could play a full game more than two or three times a season. Off with a thigh bruise.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr dec 11, 2009 9:34 pm

FINALLY!!!!! Suarez near half time. 1-0
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr dec 11, 2009 9:35 pm

I think everyone except us Yanks must be at the match today. Some good chances in the first half by de Jong and Suarez. Glad we got a goal before going into the locker room.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 11, 2009 11:09 pm

I was watching. Good stream and we played well within ourselves . Suarez's goal was superb but all 3 were taken well.

To state the obvious Urby is not a defender. Donald looks good to me and took his goal very well.

The academy count was 7 when Siem came on but you could add Goosens and Burgzorg for them and I am not sure about Davids , being Edgar's nephew/cousin not sure whether he went through our academy.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za dec 12, 2009 3:13 am

SPL schreef:...The academy count was 7 when Siem came on but you could add Goosens and Burgzorg for them and I am not sure about Davids , being Edgar's nephew/cousin not sure whether he went through our academy.
I only watched the first half -- game started at 4:00 in the morning over here -- but Davids was a real thorn in our side -- he seemed to be everywhere on the pitch. I was wondering if he was related to Edgar -- given his style of play I thought probably so -- the only thing missing was the goggles. :smallgrin.gif:

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » za dec 12, 2009 11:00 am

SPL schreef:I was watching. Good stream and we played well within ourselves . Suarez's goal was superb but all 3 were taken well.

To state the obvious Urby is not a defender. Donald looks good to me and took his goal very well.

The academy count was 7 when Siem came on but you could add Goosens and Burgzorg for them and I am not sure about Davids , being Edgar's nephew/cousin not sure whether he went through our academy.

davids came up with f-word
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za dec 12, 2009 11:28 am

Shit game, eh...?

I missed it...

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 12, 2009 11:56 am

Thanks Bluedaddy for the info on Davids . I did not think he came from our academy except he is related to the great pitbull.

Jari Litmanen

Bericht door Jari Litmanen » za dec 12, 2009 2:10 pm

The first half wasn't our best, and the second half was better. This game was a must-win if we're still in the aim for #1. I'm beginning to think we won't make #1 though. Looking at the league historically, the top teams rarerly looses points, so a 6 point lead, with 1 game less played, is plenty. But ofcourse, miracles do happen :)

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za dec 12, 2009 8:56 pm

Well done. Three points . A bit of momentum going into Thursday .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Jari Litmanen schreef:Looking at the league historically, the top teams rarerly looses points...
That definitely isn't true, if you look at recent seasons...

I remember a few recent seasons in which Ajax came ten points closer to PSV in the second half of the season (still wasn't enough, tho...). It's a pretty rare thing in the Dutch league that a team wins 7 or 8 games in a row. A team still unbeaten on January 1st? Very rare thing. Two teams still unbeaten on January 1st...? Possibly unique.

PSV and Twente are uniquely hard to beat. In a 'normal' season Ajax would have been very much 'in the race', but now - indeed - it feels like we're already f*cked.

K.
Still alive...

Jari Litmanen

Bericht door Jari Litmanen » zo dec 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Jari Litmanen schreef:Looking at the league historically, the top teams rarerly looses points...
That definitely isn't true, if you look at recent seasons...

I remember a few recent seasons in which Ajax came ten points closer to PSV in the second half of the season (still wasn't enough, tho...). It's a pretty rare thing in the Dutch league that a team wins 7 or 8 games in a row. A team still unbeaten on January 1st? Very rare thing. Two teams still unbeaten on January 1st...? Possibly unique.

PSV and Twente are uniquely hard to beat. In a 'normal' season Ajax would have been very much 'in the race', but now - indeed - it feels like we're already f*cked.

K.

Well, ofcourse teams lose, even topteams, and you might be right on the last couple of seasons, but looking and comparing the leagues over a 50 years period, the dutch league is a very tight league. But you are definately right, the last couple of seasons seems to have changed that a bit.

edit. On a little sidenote, I believe this was the biggest win against NEC since the 2002-2003 season? Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Jari Litmanen schreef:Well, ofcourse teams lose, even topteams, and you might be right on the last couple of seasons, but looking and comparing the leagues over a 50 years period, the dutch league is a very tight league. But you are definately right, the last couple of seasons seems to have changed that a bit.
In some leagues in Europe the only games the top teams can lose are the head-to-head confrontations with the other top teams. They hardly ever drop points against smaller teams.

If you look at PSV and Twente right now, you'd think that this is the case in the Dutch league, too. But by claiming that, you make the average league fixture for Ajax and PSV a bit 'easier' than it actually is, historically speaking.

The 'top three' (Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord) has been very consistent over the years (although AZ and Twente have sneaked into the top three in recent seasons), but the numbers 4 to (let's say) 8 are normally pretty good football teams, who are actually capable of beating Ajax or PSV in home games (and surely will do so if Ajax or PSV doesn't take them seriously).

There undeniably is a gap between Holland's 'big clubs' and the rest of the league, but that gap is not so big that the big clubs can take it for granted. If they do so, they will go home with zero points.

Having said that, PSV and Twente seem very focused and steady and solid. They hardly make any mistakes. Which is an unusual thing.

K.
Still alive...

Jari Litmanen

Bericht door Jari Litmanen » zo dec 13, 2009 6:09 pm

PSV and Twente is without a doubt an usually solid team this year, especially Twente, but I'm going to be a bit bold and claim that Twente has had too many games with the margins on their side. They have ALOT of +1 goal wins, and if their form will drop even slightly, they will start to lose for sure.

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » ma dec 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Yeah, Twente could easily falter down the stretch. Not much experience on their side to keep it up for a whole season. But psv is a different story. They may even buy a game if they really need it, like they did against Vitesse, when they scored several times immediately after an Ajax goal in another game and the championship switched hands as many times on the final day of play. It was remarkable enough that psv's response was almost immediate each time. But it became outright embarrassing when it was clear how hard the Vitesse defenders were trying to get out of the way. The acting was terrible, but somehow pointing it out makes one a bad loser. Only game I've ever seen in the Eredivisie where I'm certain that the fix was in. I hope it will come out one day (as it has in the NBA recently).

Anyway, on to the next game. The show must go on.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di dec 15, 2009 12:26 pm

Monkey Tonk schreef:Yeah, Twente could easily falter down the stretch. Not much experience on their side to keep it up for a whole season. But psv is a different story. They may even buy a game if they really need it, like they did against Vitesse, when they scored several times immediately after an Ajax goal in another game and the championship switched hands as many times on the final day of play. It was remarkable enough that psv's response was almost immediate each time. But it became outright embarrassing when it was clear how hard the Vitesse defenders were trying to get out of the way. The acting was terrible, but somehow pointing it out makes one a bad loser. Only game I've ever seen in the Eredivisie where I'm certain that the fix was in. I hope it will come out one day (as it has in the NBA recently).

Anyway, on to the next game. The show must go on.
I agree with this. Point out the dodgy circumstances in which Ajax lost the title that year (the PSV - Vitesse game, Stijn Wegereef's unbelievable decision in the AZ - Ajax match) and you're a bad loser. Couldn't have said it better myself.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Plaats reactie