25 Oct 2009: AZ - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

25 Oct 2009: AZ - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo okt 21, 2009 9:32 am

Interesting one, this... for all kinds of reasons.

It's a provincial derby, AZ are the reigning champions, they grabbed a point against Arsenal, but they've poor in the league so far, they really hate us, but how good are they really, etc.

But what makes this fixtures extra-extra spicey is - of course - the fact that DSB (the loan bank and AZ's main sponsor) went bankrupt this week, in what may be described as possibly the most dramatic implosion of a financial institution in Dutch history. AZ played against Arsenal with no sponsor name on their kits and they will have to find a new name for their stadium (DSB Stadium).

But that's not everything. DSB isn't just to AZ what Aegon is to Ajax. Dirk Scheringa, the president of DSB and a self-made billionaire, is also the owner of AZ and a prestigious art museum in the little village of Wognum. Last night, all the paintings from his museum were confiscated by the police and it is obvious that this will affect AZ tremendously.

It's "1981 all over again": they won the Dutch championship that year, after which the company of their rich uncles (Wastora, the company of the Molenaar twins) imploded. AZ went totally down the toilet and even got relegated. They were a minor factor in Dutch football for many years... until the arrival of Scheringa and his DSB empire. And now history's repeating itself. AZ claim that they have learned from the past and that they can remain upright independently now, but time will tell the real story.

Anyway: the home game against Ajax is their first league match after all this. Which is very spicey indeed: not only do they hate Ajax with a vengeance, Scheringa's downfall might also mark the end of the second spell in which AZ were a better football team than Ajax for a few years.

This last thing won't matter on Sunday. They have a good side and they will be more eager to beat us than ever.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Re: 25 Oct 2009: AZ - Ajax

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo okt 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Interesting one, this... for all kinds of reasons.

It's a provincial derby, AZ are the reigning champions, they grabbed a point against Arsenal, but they've poor in the league so far, they really hate us, but how good are they really, etc.

But what makes this fixtures extra-extra spicey is - of course - the fact that DSB (the loan bank and AZ's main sponsor) went bankrupt this week, in what may be described as possibly the most dramatic implosion of a financial institution in Dutch history. AZ played against Arsenal with no sponsor name on their kits and they will have to find a new name for their stadium (DSB Stadium).

But that's not everything. DSB isn't just to AZ what Aegon is to Ajax. Dirk Scheringa, the president of DSB and a self-made billionaire, is also the owner of AZ and a prestigious art museum in the little village of Wognum. Last night, all the paintings from his museum were confiscated by the police and it is obvious that this will affect AZ tremendously.

It's "1981 all over again": they won the Dutch championship that year, after which the company of their rich uncles (Wastora, the company of the Molenaar twins) imploded. AZ went totally down the toilet and even got relegated. They were a minor factor in Dutch football for many years... until the arrival of Scheringa and his DSB empire. And now history's repeating itself. AZ claim that they have learned from the past and that they can remain upright independently now, but time will tell the real story.

Anyway: the home game against Ajax is their first league match after all this. Which is very spicey indeed: not only do they hate Ajax with a vengeance, Scheringa's downfall might also mark the end of the second spell in which AZ were a better football team than Ajax for a few years.

This last thing won't matter on Sunday. They have a good side and they will be more eager to beat us than ever.

K.
And to make matters worse they still have Ronald Koeman on the bench....the sky is falling in Alkmaar.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo okt 21, 2009 7:11 pm

But will they be able to meet payroll? Last year Valencia of La Liga which has been in dire straits because of the new stadium missed at least one and maybe two payrolls. The players soldiered on but the team has had to be rescued by an infusion of city funds this year. Not sure Alkmaar has that kind of money from cheese sales. :drecul.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za okt 24, 2009 2:21 pm

Van der Wiel and Aissati are doubts . I supose this means we may see Silva but i would rather play Anita at right back and Urby at left.Watching the reserves this week I did not rate Silva very highly even v PSV reserves.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo okt 25, 2009 12:14 pm

SPL schreef:Van der Wiel and Aissati are doubts . I supose this means we may see Silva but i would rather play Anita at right back and Urby at left.
:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Anita had an excellent game on Thursday, apart not challenging for their goal, so your idea would be to play Sulejmani on the left?
Not too bad an idea, and I think that Cvitanich should be given another run. Although having good technical ideas, Pantelic does seem rather light weight up front...possibly even putting de Jong as the man behind Suarez. It's a one man show at the moment, so someone's got to fit the bill to play alongside him properly!
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 25, 2009 2:28 pm

Sopcat nvs1 is showing at present so lets hope we get agood picture like Thursday night.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 25, 2009 2:31 pm

lineup
Steks
V d Wiel Alderweireld Vertonghen Anita
de Zeeuw Enoh Urby
Rmmendahl Suarez Pantelic

ie 6 from our academy

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo okt 25, 2009 2:36 pm

SPL schreef:Sopcat nvs1 is showing at present so lets hope we get agood picture like Thursday night.
Are you getting a feed from there? I can't connect.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo okt 25, 2009 2:43 pm

Anybody got a feed from anywhere? I can't connect on either of the rojadirecta sopcast streams and the justin ones cut out after about 30 seconds.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo okt 25, 2009 2:45 pm

rjf1 schreef:Anybody got a feed from anywhere? I can't connect on either of the rojadirecta sopcast streams and the justin ones cut out after about 30 seconds.
Justin.tv used to be awesome. Now they suck.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Azeri
Contacteer:

Bericht door Azeri » zo okt 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Is anybody watching the match???
:confused.gif:

dws

Bericht door dws » zo okt 25, 2009 3:04 pm

rjf1 schreef:Anybody got a feed from anywhere? I can't connect on either of the rojadirecta sopcast streams and the justin ones cut out after about 30 seconds.
Navigate to the bottom of the channel list in sopcast... click on NVS1.

Alternatively, click on 'down arrow' of address bar in sopcast and select NVS1 if present.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo okt 25, 2009 3:14 pm

dws schreef:

Alternatively, click on 'down arrow' of address bar in sopcast and select NVS1 if present.
What channel number are they using for NVS1? (74194? or something else?) TIA

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo okt 25, 2009 3:17 pm

1-0 for AZ

HT.

Lame, none of our attacks come to anything and AZ's goal should've ben easily avoided.
Get a Cock

dws

Bericht door dws » zo okt 25, 2009 3:20 pm

rjf1 schreef:
dws schreef:

What channel number are they using for NVS1? (74194? or something else?) TIA

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo okt 25, 2009 3:20 pm

AZ have had the better run of play. Anita has been beaten several times by El Hamdoui and needs to pick it up a notch. AZ goal was deserved but it may have taken a small deflection off Alderwiereld. We have had a couple of chances but nothing too dangerous. This will be a difficult match to pull back given we played on Thursday and AZ had two extra days of rest following the Arsenal match.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 25, 2009 3:25 pm

Sorry i did not reply re stream as I had a clear picture on sopcast and was on full screen.I think nvs on sopcast has shown nearly every game so far! Just looking at their goal did Holman control it with his arm?????

AZ do just about deserve the lead hope for better in 2nd half.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo okt 25, 2009 3:26 pm

How in the name of God can a team be so apathetic in an away game against the reigning champions, the club that (more than any other Eredivisie club) has been playing like we want to play in recent seasons? AZ are going through bad times, with DSB and all that, so you knew they were going to be more determined than ever. You knew it.

You can lose an away game at AZ. That can happen, 'cos they're a good football team. Ask Arsenal. But how the FUCK can you go out there and not be 100% focused and determined...? Against AZ!

THIS IS THE FUCKING DUTCH CHAMPION OF 2009 (THAT'S THIS YEAR!) WE'RE PLAYING! IF YOU'RE NOT CONCENTRATED AND DETERMINED AGAINST THIS LOT, THEN AGAINST WHICH OPPONENT WILL YOU BE?

I expect every Ajax player to give EVERYTHING (and 10% more!) in the second half. This is a top fixture. An absolute cracker against the reigning champions of Holland. I want to see (for 45 minutes plus added time, starting now) that Ajax are aware of that, for FUCK'S SAKE!

Thank you.

K.
Still alive...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo okt 25, 2009 3:28 pm

poorest performance this season...
O tempora o mores

Azeri
Contacteer:

Bericht door Azeri » zo okt 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Ко, you are welcome :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Jojo

Bericht door Jojo » zo okt 25, 2009 3:32 pm

Well said Ko.

I can't understand lack of agression today and our passing is shocking. Also, Demy seems lost out there :confused.gif:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo okt 25, 2009 3:44 pm

1-1 Urby (goalkeeping error)
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo okt 25, 2009 3:44 pm

Golazzzzo!!!! Where did that one come from??? Great strike from Urby! :blub.gif: :blub.gif:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo okt 25, 2009 3:45 pm

1-2 Suarez

Good job I just logged on ;)
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo okt 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Now we are cooking with oil!!! Suarez, 2-1 Let's roll on!!!

Plaats reactie