Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Daniel

Bericht door Daniel » za jan 31, 2009 10:51 pm

Amol schreef:This sucks so bad
Couldn't have said it better myself..

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » za jan 31, 2009 10:53 pm

Van basten schreef:If AZ wins tommorow (and they will), it's finished. 6 fucking years without a fucking title! How pathetic and annoyng that is..
Come on, 5 will be enough...

I wonder why each season there's a moment where everything goes wrong. It's unreal. And this 3 f***ing red cards in a row... :frusty.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za jan 31, 2009 10:54 pm

SPL schreef: It is going to be hard to win the title but Az can start losing.
Where do you people get this optimism..

acab

Bericht door acab » za jan 31, 2009 11:08 pm

I want to thank personaly to Van Basten and the Bord for another ruined season. Fitfth in a row...I'm goning to drink 15-16 beers now, I hope it wil help.
:ajax.gif:

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » za jan 31, 2009 11:18 pm

Van basten schreef:
If Ajax can do it, why not AZ? :confused.gif:

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za jan 31, 2009 11:37 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:
Van basten schreef:
If Ajax can do it, why not AZ? :confused.gif:
Iron logic :smallgrin.gif:

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo feb 01, 2009 7:17 am

The best we can do now is finish above Heerenveen and Twente. Two clubs that are in better form than us now.

Ajax gave my passion for football, but also killed it.
Get a Cock

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » zo feb 01, 2009 9:21 am

My random thoughts...

Mickey, Dario and Luis are player-for-player very talented and mobile footballers, but as an attacking unit they seem very lightweight - literally and metaphorically.

There is also a distinct lack of height.

When the defense was complete they looked pretty solid, Vermaelen was dominant, Weilart was competent, and van der Wiel looks to be growing in stature. Schilder was crap mind you.

Anita began very well but then faded quite quickly. He seems to be reluctant to make decisions.

Ajax are a much better side with Gabri than without him. I hope he's sorted out his political problems with MvB.

I thought Emmanuelson gave one of his best performances in years. It was like watching the Urby of his first season.

MvB's substitutions were just strange. Ajax 0 - 1 down at home and he brings on a striker for a striker, and then a centre-back. (?)

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 01, 2009 10:55 am

Ajax started quite well: aggressive, dominant...But after the two early chances they completely failed to create anything against one of the weaker defense lines in th Eredivisie. That was very disappointing and very worrying.

Sulejmani has disappointed me several times before, but yesterday he was totally invisible and 100% useless.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 01, 2009 12:23 pm

I am not optimistic and cannot see us overtaking Az but they could start dropping points so we cannot give up. Realistically we should now settle for 2nd place.

I did think the defence was ok and is much improved . Schilder is the weaklink but he has spent most of his career in midfield.

I too think our attack is lightweight and as we have already said, there is not much in reserve, Leo does little ,Kennedy is not required and Martina , after only 60 mins inn which he set up the all important goal is never seen again. Bodul is just a promising kid , who is probably not ready and he is not big.

He may not be ready and is only 17 but I think we could do worse than stick Geoffrey Castillion in . He is certainly not small or lighweight!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 01, 2009 2:05 pm

It's clear that we have to win out to have any shot at the title. It will be a difficult task given this is a team that has trouble scoring. I am pleased with the defense this season. We go into every game with the distinct promise of keeping a clean sheet or at worst conceding one goal. The trouble is that we can't get on the scoreboard first to put the other team on their heels.

I thought Schilder did all right yesterday. He's not our first selection at left fullback but with needless red cards, he's likely to slot in there again next week. Urby played well and won several balls with biting tackles (something he's been reluctant to do in the past). I agree with others who have posted about Sulejmani; right now this looks like a huge waste of 16 million Euros. One can only hope that Sneijder, Castillion, and the other youth players grow up fast because if we lose Suarez this summer, we are really going to have trouble scoring.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma feb 02, 2009 11:34 am

Appie, stay strong !

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » ma feb 02, 2009 11:51 am

That video is all over the internet, on UK soccer boards they are all speculating about what the guy might be saying...

At least this guy stays within the bounds of reasonably restrained language, which is more than can be said for those fans who sit behind Orson and I. The ferocity of their abuse was awe-inspiring Saturday night. That special place of hatred in their hearts once the preserve of Nourdin Boukhari, is now firmly owned by the despised Marco van Basten, with a special place of honor for Robbert Schilder.

I don't think I've ever seen a crowd turn against a coach as quickly as this Ajax crowd has.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma feb 02, 2009 12:45 pm

At least, Ajax are fulfilling the 5th goals of its long term plan: "Ajax actively takes their social responsibility" by enabling people to express their frustration. :smallgrin.gif:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma feb 02, 2009 2:14 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:That video is all over the internet, on UK soccer boards they are all speculating about what the guy might be saying...
(...)
I don't think I've ever seen a crowd turn against a coach as quickly as this Ajax crowd has.
I found it on the De Telegraaf website, generally reliable as far as Dutch football is concerned.
You are right about the Ajax crowd, and I do hope those guys are just a few.
It certainly isn't the appropriate time to turn against MvB (if there ever is one).
Appie, stay strong !

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma feb 02, 2009 2:48 pm

The guy's rant was shown live by Eredivisie Live, so you could barely miss it. And sadly, he's becoming some sort of a hero for quite a few Ajax fans...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma feb 02, 2009 4:43 pm

sometimes it's getting so quiet in the Arena that any sudden shout can be heard by many
Appie, stay strong !

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » ma feb 02, 2009 7:02 pm

philippe schreef: It certainly isn't the appropriate time to turn against MvB (if there ever is one).
Agreed. Has he made mistakes? You bet. But this is still a young club, and I'd like to see him have a little more time to get settled. As someone else suggested on another thread (?), I hope we can expect to see even more improvement next season.
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma feb 02, 2009 7:16 pm

mako schreef:
philippe schreef: It certainly isn't the appropriate time to turn against MvB (if there ever is one).
Agreed. Has he made mistakes? You bet. But this is still a young club, and I'd like to see him have a little more time to get settled. As someone else suggested on another thread (?), I hope we can expect to see even more improvement next season.
I agree with Philippe and everyone else. If the fans revolt every time a coach loses a few games, we will never have the stability we need to win.

I thought that this was going to be a rebuilding year (yet again, ugh). But my hopes got up after we were just a few points back at the winter stop. Now it's time to face reality and accept that things are better than they have been in the past, but we still have a way to go.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm

If van Basten gets the chop before seasons end I will no longer have any faith in this club. He hasn't been perfect, but turning on him after 2 loses. F*^king hell, pull you head in so called Ajax supporters. Don't be complete dicks. It's not like he has the most amazing squad to work with.

For once, just once, I would like to see a coach given the chance to actually build a squad. The sooner these idiots realise we ARE NOT the best club in Holland (and haven't been for sometime), the sooner they might show some actual support for what Ajax are trying to build.

Everyone is a bloody coach. Go out there and do better...

I am so sick of the negativity around this club. A player has 2 bad games, the fans call it the worst signing of the year, if the team loses after showing signs of a turn around, the coach must go.

Hey I want success as much as the next supporter, but lets be realistic here. It is not going to happen overnight.

Rant over (for now).

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma feb 02, 2009 9:35 pm

DanK schreef:If van Basten gets the chop before seasons end I will no longer have any faith in this club.
I'm with you on that one, and hopefully we're far from such nonsense.
Appie, stay strong !

dws

Bericht door dws » ma feb 02, 2009 9:40 pm

DanK schreef:
The sooner these idiots realise we ARE NOT the best club in Holland (and haven't been for sometime).
And that is exactly why the so called idiots are unhappy.

Everyone is a bloody coach. Go out there and do better...

It's for Marco to do better.

Tell me DanK, if you were served substandard food in a restaurant would you excuse the chef because you couldn't do any better?

Hey I want success as much as the next supporter, but lets be realistic here. It is not going to happen overnight.

It's proving to be one hell of a long night.

DanK, sure it's tough on Marco but it's been tougher for the supporters(including the so called idiots). I think much of their frustration emanates from the very understandable fear that Ajax is fast approaching
an unrecoverable state.
Laatst gewijzigd door dws op ma feb 02, 2009 10:23 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma feb 02, 2009 10:15 pm

I wonder what would have happened if AZ had fired their 'chef' last season because the food was poisoned... :hypocrite.gif:

I bet that many of those who wants Van Basten to quit are now praising the Van Gaal's job in AZ. :excited.gif:

dws

Bericht door dws » ma feb 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:I wonder what would have happened if AZ had fired their 'chef' last season because the food was poisoned... :hypocrite.gif:

I bet that many of those who wants Van Basten to quit are now praising the Van Gaal's job in AZ. :excited.gif:

Van Basten is above criticism because Van Gaal is doing well at AZ? :confused.gif:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 03, 2009 7:51 am

Firing Van Basten would be a totally stupid thing to do. That's not going to improve anything. If Ajax don't like his work, don't extend his contract. But another panic decision...? That would be daft.

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie