Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

06 May 2007: AZ - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo apr 22, 2007 7:17 pm

THE CUP FINAL!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. Kick-off at 18:00 CET at De Kuip in Rotterdam. A draw has determined that Ajax are formally the 'away team'. Which means that AZ will play in red and white. Ajax will probably play in the new away kit.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 24, 2007 11:00 am

Both clubs have been allocated 17,000 tickets for the final.

AZ fans will travel to De Kuip on either a 'bus combi' or a 'parking combi' (drive to De Kuip with your own car, then swap your combi ticket for a match ticket at a designated parking lot by the ground). AZ have announced that 16,750 tickets have been sold and that there are only 250 'praking combis' left.

Ajax supporters have to travel to De Kuip on either a 'train combi' or a 'bus combi'. 6,400 tickets for eight trains in total are now sold out. 10,600 bus combi tickets have gone on sale on Monday. Presale is running.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 25, 2007 8:20 am

Do AZ have 17.000 travelling fans ?
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 25, 2007 8:42 am

For a cup final: yes.

The Dutch public may not be very interested in the cup competition as a whole, the final is always cool as f*ck: great stadium, sold out, fantastic atmosphere - everything you can ask for.

The final, as an event, attracts loads of 'gloryhunters' (and this goes for every club that will make it to the final). Even a small club from a small town (like RKC Waalwijk) will bring 7,000 or 8,000 fans, which is a sold-out Mandemakers Stadium.

The larger regional clubs (Utrecht, Twente, Heerenveen, NAC Breda, Roda JC, Groningen, Vitesse and now AZ) can easily sell 20,000, perhaps 30,000 tickets for a cup final. In fact: when one of these clubs is in the final against Ajax or PSV their fans will easily outnumber those of the 'big' opponent, because it's more of a special thing for them.

I have to say: the Dutch cup competition is nothing too special, but the final is pretty damn cool. It's a real 'cup final day', almost like in England.

AZ used to be a fairly small club when it came to attendances, but as you'll understand they 'won a lot of souls' in recent seasons. Turns out the club had a pretty huge 'sleeping support' in the Noord-Holland province, north of Amsterdam. The cluster of towns known as Zaanstad or the Zaanstreek (directly north of Amsterdam) is densely populated and AZ are very popular there. Alkmaar itself is not huge (just under 100,000 inhabitants), but AZ are very popular in nearby towns such as Hoorn, Zaandam, Purmerend, Enkhuizen, coastal towns such as Zandvoort, Egmond and Bergen - all the way north to Den Helder, so their potential is quite big.

I would guess that many younger kids from those towns, who would in the past 'automatically' have become Ajax supporters, have fallen in love with AZ instead in recent seasons. In the Noord-Holland province AZ can actually become a serious regional rival for Ajax. It's happening as we speak.

Ajax, Feyenoord and to a lesser extent PSV are the only Dutch clubs with a nation-wide following, though (and probably always will be).

K.
Still alive...

magiconenl

Bericht door magiconenl » wo apr 25, 2007 9:51 am

Kowalczyk schreef:For a cup final: yes.

The Dutch public may not be very interested in the cup competition as a whole, the final is always cool as f*ck: great stadium, sold out, fantastic atmosphere - everything you can ask for.

The final, as an event, attracts loads of 'gloryhunters' (and this goes for every club that will make it to the final). Even a small club from a small town (like RKC Waalwijk) will bring 7,000 or 8,000 fans, which is a sold-out Mandemakers Stadium.

The larger regional clubs (Utrecht, Twente, Heerenveen, NAC Breda, Roda JC, Groningen, Vitesse and now AZ) can easily sell 20,000, perhaps 30,000 tickets for a cup final. In fact: when one of these clubs is in the final against Ajax or PSV their fans will easily outnumber those of the 'big' opponent, because it's more of a special thing for them.

I have to say: the Dutch cup competition is nothing too special, but the final is pretty damn cool. It's a real 'cup final day', almost like in England.

AZ used to be a fairly small club when it came to attendances, but as you'll understand they 'won a lot of souls' in recent seasons. Turns out the club had a pretty huge 'sleeping support' in the Noord-Holland province, north of Amsterdam. The cluster of towns known as Zaanstad or the Zaanstreek (directly north of Amsterdam) is densely populated and AZ are very popular there. Alkmaar itself is not huge (just under 100,000 inhabitants), but AZ are very popular in nearby towns such as Hoorn, Zaandam, Purmerend, Enkhuizen, coastal towns such as Zandvoort, Egmond and Bergen - all the way north to Den Helder, so their potential is quite big.

I would guess that many younger kids from those towns, who would in the past 'automatically' have become Ajax supporters, have fallen in love with AZ instead in recent seasons. In the Noord-Holland province AZ can actually become a serious regional rival for Ajax. It's happening as we speak.

Ajax, Feyenoord and to a lesser extent PSV are the only Dutch clubs with a nation-wide following, though (and probably always will be).[/size]
K.
don't forget Heerenveen,

They have a large following in holland to , because off the "friesland pride"

looking forward to final

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 25, 2007 12:30 pm

magiconenl schreef:don't forget Heerenveen,

They have a large following in holland to , because off the "friesland pride"

looking forward to final
Yeah, they have a large fanbase, but almost exclusively in the north. Their supporters live throughout the province of Friesland, and now they've become so succesful they also have fans in Groningen, Drenthe and the 'North-East Polder' of Overijssel. But a nationwide fanbase...? No.

Ajax, Feyenoord and to a lesser extent PSV have supporters throughout the whole country. They're the only three.

K.
Still alive...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » za mei 05, 2007 7:12 pm

In spite of all of Ko's nice words there doesn't appear to be a large appetite for this match amongst our AT forum members yet. In the Dutch zone there is six pages of off topic posts, mostly complaining about this and that. I trust the players and fans will be less anemic tomorrow and put on a good show. I'm not worried about that. Once they see the stadium and taste the cup-final atmosphere everyone should be wide awake and up for it. Let's go Ajax!
A CONSOLATION CUP?
AZ Alkmaar and Ajax have the chance to make up for their Eredivisie disappointment when they meet in the final of the KNVB Cup on Sunday.

The two clubs went into the final day of the domestic league last weekend level on points with PSV Eindhoven in a three-way tussle for the trophy.

But it was Ronald Koeman's PSV side which emerged victorious courtesy of a 5-1 win against Vitesse Arnhem. AZ were beaten 3-2 at Excelsior while Ajax's 2-0 win at Willem II was not enough as they missed out by a single goal.

AZ coach Louis van Gaal admits lifting his team from that setback has been his most difficult task this week.

"I took a bit of time with each player because it was a new situation for all of them," said the former Barcelona and Holland boss.

"I hope now that they can focus on the cup final and stop looking back."

Van Gaal feels Ajax's greater experience means they start the clash at Feyenoord's De Kuip stadium as favourites.

"Ajax have more players that have appeared in finals before," he added.

"But having said that, my players have played in a lot of important games this season so I think it will be a close game. And if we play at our best we can beat anybody."

Van Gaal is without suspended goalkeeper Boy Waterman while Joey Didulica, David Mendes da Silva, Barry Opdam and Stijn Schaars are all injured.

Ajax will be boosted by the return of central defender Jaap Stam.

Stam has endured an injury-riddled campaign since joining the Amsterdammers from AC Milan but has overcome a hamstring problem and is set to start, as is Hedwiges Maduro who is also fit.

Coach Henk ten Cate is more concerned with mental scars rather than physical ones, however, as his squad struggle to cope with the agony of going so close to winning the Eredivisie.

"I can see it (the disappointment) on some of their faces," said Ten Cate. "The Dutch title is the big prize to win, but this cup game also looks good."

Ajax are without the injured Leonardo, Zdenek Grygera, Edgar Manucharyan and Jeffrey Sarpong.

source: sporting life

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » zo mei 06, 2007 4:35 pm

You should be able to watch the game with the following link:
Raymon schreef:
Try opening this in your Media Player: http://www.garnierstreamingmedia.com/as ... tream1.asp

Enjoy..
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo mei 06, 2007 4:58 pm

Raymon schreef:You should be able to watch the game with the following link:
Raymon schreef:
Try opening this in your Media Player: http://www.garnierstreamingmedia.com/as ... tream1.asp

Enjoy..
thanx. i was already scared that i won't be able to see this game :icon_biggrin.gif:

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo mei 06, 2007 5:01 pm

come on Ajax!!! we just can't lose at De Kuip :cheer.gif: stam is back! :headbang.gif:

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo mei 06, 2007 5:06 pm

0-1.. fuck that

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo mei 06, 2007 5:15 pm

we are lucky that ref didn't get a penalty for AZ

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » zo mei 06, 2007 5:29 pm

You should be able to watch the game with the following link:

Raymon wrote:

Enjoy..

Thank You Raymon, watching the match right now.
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo mei 06, 2007 6:12 pm

goal!!! kjh!

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » zo mei 06, 2007 6:13 pm

AJAX GOAL.......
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » zo mei 06, 2007 6:55 pm

GABRI- RED CARD
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Azeri
Contacteer:

Bericht door Azeri » zo mei 06, 2007 7:31 pm

To the play-offs both teams will be totally exhausted

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » zo mei 06, 2007 7:39 pm

Ajax-AZ
1 - 1

After 123 minutes/ Penalties for the Cup...
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Azeri
Contacteer:

Bericht door Azeri » zo mei 06, 2007 7:59 pm

:666.gif: :666.gif: :666.gif:

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » zo mei 06, 2007 8:00 pm

Ajax win on pens 8-7, davids gets final kick

:00000620.gif:
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » zo mei 06, 2007 8:02 pm

What stress! :blub.gif:

Congrats everyone!!! :pepsi.gif:

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » zo mei 06, 2007 8:04 pm

AJAX AMSTERDAM.....NO BULLSHIT
AJAX WINS ON PENALTIES - 8-7
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo mei 06, 2007 8:22 pm

I'm in shock! I'm sure my screaming probably freaked out my neighbors. Who Cares? What a result!!!!!!! Reduced to ten men , made to play 123 minutes in their 40-something match of the season ( all competitions), and then victorious 8-7 on penos. Nailbiting ,oh my god not the P-word , pressure wracked , nerve jangling , all or nothing... PENOS! :00001747.gif: ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Eight for eight . Ajax eight for eight!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS AJAX!!!!!!!!!!!! BEKER WINNAAR!!!!!!!!!!!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo mei 06, 2007 8:37 pm

Here are the penos for anyone who, like me, couldn't listen or see the game:

1:0 Arveladze
1:1 Perez
2:1 Boukhari
2:2 Huntelaar
3:2 Steinsson
3:3 Vermaelen
4:3 DeCler KUT!
4:4 Lindenbergh
5:4 Jenner
5:5 Heitinga
6:5 Dembele
6:6 De Mul
7:6 Molhoek
7:7 Ogararu
7:7 Donk ( MISS)
7:8 Davids

Info courtesy of Ajax Netwerk .

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if peno misses will here after be known as DONKS? Just a thought.

Thanks guys for your posts!! Ajax Talk ,English and Dutch language forums, were my lifeline once again!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

dws

Bericht door dws » zo mei 06, 2007 9:56 pm

I had to go visit my old Gran today .... left home at 1:0 AZ . Have to say I feel a bit sorry for Louis and his boys. Anyway, Ajax winning a penalty shoot out ... what the fuck :ajaxscarf.gif:

Plaats reactie