27 Dec 2005: Ajax - FC Groningen

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » wo dec 28, 2005 8:47 pm

philippe schreef:I doubt it too : I think that being on the list of players of another club for any UEFA vompetition makes it impossible for him to play the CL for Ajax the same season.
It this is so, we will have to revert to Charisteas and good old Yannis (unless we go crazy and play Rosenberg again).
I hope this is a joke. Well, Yannis have scored no leauge goals this year, no domestic cup goals. In fact Yannis has only scored against one team if we exclude training games, this team is FC Thun and we all know the quality of this team. Rosenberg on the other hand has scored 4 goals in the latest six leauge games. The choice is easy, it has to be Rosenberg in the starting lineup.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo dec 28, 2005 11:42 pm

philippe schreef:
Per schreef:It is interesting that we have two forwards that both play like crap in the 4-3-3 and very good in the 4-4-2.
Well, I can not agree with that : Rosenberg was crap again, spending most of his time hitting his defender; and Babel was nowhere, but he came in as the collapse had already began.

It is clear that Vermaelen has nothing to do in this team : he is terrrible. We had no central defense. We missed Grygera. And probably Escudé.

And we need a leader : it was incredible to see how an easy victory turned to shameful panic.

Given the weak opponent, there really is nothing to celebrate. Rather worrying I would say.
As i have stated earlier, Rosenberg and Harry have not been playing well individualy but as a whole they have worked very well together Why ??? Because they are scoring plain and simple.
Vermealen played rather well yesterday but showed he's youthfullnes in the dying minutes when he became desperate and shacky, he also lacks some physical strengh but on a plus side he is a very creative player coming from the backline and almost scored yesterday. De Jong simply showed why he cant play in defense...Escudé would have been usefull yesterday.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do dec 29, 2005 12:33 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Escudé would have been usefull yesterday.
But he probably won't have another chance until he leaves at the end of the season. But he deserves what happens to him the little fuck... He screwed the season up by failing in his duel with Kuyt against Feyenoord. Look how brilliant the team has been since he was sidelined by Blind. We're like freewheeling or something. He should be drowned in a canal.
meh :|

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do dec 29, 2005 9:17 am

Anastasiou is the man of the desparate situations : he has saved us in the Dutch league last season, and in the CL this season, by scoring when our supposed to be super strikers were totally unable to score at all. And it is a safe bet that we will see him again before long.

If Blind wants to stick to 442, he should try Babel-Yannis. Or Babel-Charisteas.

As for our defense, Vermaelen should be told to leave. He is terrible. I agree with Carcajou : Escudé would be a more sensible option for sure.
Appie, stay strong !

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » do dec 29, 2005 1:58 pm

philippe schreef:Anastasiou is the man of the desparate situations : he has saved us in the Dutch league last season, and in the CL this season, by scoring when our supposed to be super strikers were totally unable to score at all. And it is a safe bet that we will see him again before long.

If Blind wants to stick to 442, he should try Babel-Yannis. Or Babel-Charisteas.

As for our defense, Vermaelen should be told to leave. He is terrible. I agree with Carcajou : Escudé would be a more sensible option for sure.
If Yannis is the man for desperate situations, why did not he score a single goal in the league when Ajax played match after match without a goal? You want to replace players scoring giving victory with players that has shown no ability to score this year! :nooo:

One more thing which is even more out of the line is that you are prepared to replace both Charisteas and Rosenberg for Babel and Yannis. X'C Are you a fan of Ajax or of some other team? Are you for real? I am glad that you are not the coach, that much I can say!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do dec 29, 2005 8:30 pm

kaiser schreef:
Are you a fan of Ajax or of some other team? Are you for real? I am glad that you are not the coach, that much I can say!
Well, I guess we're all Ajax fans here ! It's perfectly true to say that Yannis didn't score in those league games but then frankly neither did anyone else - Yannis did however manage to kick start our recent revival I feel though by scoring at a time when frankly Rosenburg amongst others didn't look able to hit a barn door with a cricket bat at 10 paces.

I'm pleased to see that Harry and Rosenburg seem to have turned the corner, it was about time coming abut on overall statistics I remain to be convinced by either of them. N.B. Haven't seen that much of either recently but I guess judging by your London address you haven't either. Please don't diss Yannis for actually scoring those goals that he did - fully accept Thun were hardly the greatest of opponents but Yannis did score when no-one else looked likely to - rather like the end of last season quite a lot in fact.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do dec 29, 2005 8:52 pm

kaiser schreef:
philippe schreef:Anastasiou is the man of the desparate situations : he has saved us in the Dutch league last season, and in the CL this season, by scoring when our supposed to be super strikers were totally unable to score at all. And it is a safe bet that we will see him again before long.

If Yannis is the man for desperate situations, why did not he score a single goal in the league when Ajax played match after match without a goal? You want to replace players scoring giving victory with players that has shown no ability to score this year! :nooo:

One more thing which is even more out of the line is that you are prepared to replace both Charisteas and Rosenberg for Babel and Yannis. X'C Are you a fan of Ajax or of some other team? Are you for real? I am glad that you are not the coach, that much I can say!
This is a non discussion. There is no doubt that Harry and Markus will be up front together tomorrow. The only thing likely to prevent that is the blizzards that currently rage around Heerenveen.

Yannis and Harry will leave at the end of the season unless earlier. And KJH, Rosenberg and Babel(in that order) will be the guys to play number 9 in the next season.

Says Dubbel in all his wisdom... :D

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr dec 30, 2005 4:13 am

Charisteas should be sold, even though he has done well so far. Even Samaras at Heerenveen is 10X better, Charisteas should get a degrade at West Brom or some club in the Premiership.
Get a Cock

Plaats reactie