Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo dec 04, 2005 6:08 pm

How did Heitinga and Babel play?

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo dec 04, 2005 8:19 pm

Ok here goes my full twenty bucks :D .

First of all about the game, Ajax played at a very good pace starting the game but as usual failed to score, Pienaar had a one on one chance against the RKC golie, he actally got past him but the ball ended up to long for him to make a finish, a corner was the only reward, Ajax kept on atacking and having chances, mainly long-medium range chances that always went wide, except for some half chances out of corner kicks(once) RKC was out of this one, then all of a sudden the defence is caught flat footed and Juanfran keeps Hoogendorp onside, BOOM!!!!! RKC are on top with less than 5 minutes left in the first half, WTF!!!! O no not again....Totally undeserved, but thats football right??.
Luckly just like the RKC goal came out of nowhere so did Ajax equalizer, with about a minute left on the clock Sneijder curls in a free kick from some 35-40 meters, Maduro heads in.Both first half goals came out of nowhere but this was the least the football god could give us we deserved more.
Second half starts Ajax keep the presure, at the 48 minute mark Rosenberg gets a ball inside the RKC penalty box with his back towards goal, then he makes a Rosales like move....he falls to the ground ass first, but while sprawled on the grass he touches the ball directly in the path of the storming Sneijder who shoots a left footed grounder that sneaks through the legs of the goalkeeper 2-1 ajax, thank god!!!!.
After this the farmers all of a sudden start atacking and ajax start sleepwalking this period lasted about 15-20 minutes from the 50 minute till like the 75 minute, in this period Stekelenburg made a couple of really good saves, both were made on Rick Hoogendorp who must be said had a very good game, the first save was some five minutes after Ajax's second the defense was caght naping again, Hoogendorp had a free heading chance directly in front of goal, Stekelenburg save'd with his face-head, this was the most dangerous chance RKC would have in the game. The second save came from a freekick that looked too far away to be dangerous...it was, Stekk punched it out of his right upper corner.
Now here comes the good part...the third goal, oh man what a treat to watch and what joy it gave me to see it for two reasons, 1: the scorer and 2: the way he scored. Rosenberg has to be the man of the match, he had his best game for ajax so far and he really deserved this goal, a ball was played in to De Jong in side the box, then after turning back looking for teammates he deftly give Rosenberg a rear footed pass, the swede standing on the semicircle along the penalty area stopped the ball and then unlished a right footed curling shot to the upper right hand corner, not even Superman could stop that one.
The third goal was a knife to RKC's heart, after that it was game over.In the mean time Ajax changed to a 4-4-2 system with Babel(entering for Bouckhari) and Rosenberg as forwards, Vermealen came in for Sneijder(awsome game) and Maduro along with Pienaar joined Galasek and de Jong in midfield, Vermealen stud besides Grygera in defence.
To finish the game Babel gave Marco Van Basten(present at the Arena) another reason to be in Germany finishing a good run down the left beating two defenders and sneaking the ball under the golie from a tough angle, Icing on the cake!!!! 4-1 Ajax Damn we needed this one.

Funfact: Wamberto was seen in the game alongside his compatriot Maxwell, i wonder what Wampy has been up to :D .

Peace people, i'll give a rundown individualy of the players later on.

PS: Heitinga started very nervous but got alot better as the game wore on and had some good old field long runs down the right side.

PS2: Juanfran played the full 90 minutes on the left flank, Urby must have taken the day off since he wasnt even on the bench.I'll fill in the rest of the players later on.

Peace. ;)
Laatst gewijzigd door Venezuelan Ajacied op zo dec 04, 2005 8:46 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

dws

Bericht door dws » zo dec 04, 2005 8:42 pm

Great result .... can't quite believe it. :D

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » zo dec 04, 2005 8:48 pm

after-Thun-like mood : are we supposed to celebrate because we beat RKC ? We are Ajax, we still are Ajax ...
Appie, stay strong !

dws

Bericht door dws » zo dec 04, 2005 9:17 pm

are we supposed to celebrate because we beat RKC ?
Yes :D
We are Ajax, we still are Ajax ...

You are right Philippe, big scores against the likes of RKC should be the norm. :xyxthumbs:

We should truly celebrate when we start thrashing the likes of F'noord and Bayern. :yes:

Fenerbahce

Bericht door Fenerbahce » zo dec 04, 2005 9:23 pm

W'day we start crushing Arsenal with a 1-2 against the gunners ... :D

Mark my words ... ;)
Before you judge someone, walk for three months in his shoes.

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » zo dec 04, 2005 9:50 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Ok here goes my full twenty bucks :D .

First of all about the game, Ajax played at a very good pace starting the game but as usual failed to score, Pienaar had a one on one chance against the RKC golie, he actally got past him but the ball ended up to long for him to make a finish, a corner was the only reward, Ajax kept on atacking and having chances, mainly long-medium range chances that always went wide, except for some half chances out of corner kicks(once) RKC was out of this one, then all of a sudden the defence is caught flat footed and Juanfran keeps Hoogendorp onside, BOOM!!!!! RKC are on top with less than 5 minutes left in the first half, WTF!!!! O no not again....Totally undeserved, but thats football right??.
Luckly just like the RKC goal came out of nowhere so did Ajax equalizer, with about a minute left on the clock Sneijder curls in a free kick from some 35-40 meters, Maduro heads in.Both first half goals came out of nowhere but this was the least the football god could give us we deserved more.
Second half starts Ajax keep the presure, at the 48 minute mark Rosenberg gets a ball inside the RKC penalty box with his back towards goal, then he makes a Rosales like move....he falls to the ground ass first, but while sprawled on the grass he touches the ball directly in the path of the storming Sneijder who shoots a left footed grounder that sneaks through the legs of the goalkeeper 2-1 ajax, thank god!!!!.
After this the farmers all of a sudden start atacking and ajax start sleepwalking this period lasted about 15-20 minutes from the 50 minute till like the 75 minute, in this period Stekelenburg made a couple of really good saves, both were made on Rick Hoogendorp who must be said had a very good game, the first save was some five minutes after Ajax's second the defense was caght naping again, Hoogendorp had a free heading chance directly in front of goal, Stekelenburg save'd with his face-head, this was the most dangerous chance RKC would have in the game. The second save came from a freekick that looked too far away to be dangerous...it was, Stekk punched it out of his right upper corner.
Now here comes the good part...the third goal, oh man what a treat to watch and what joy it gave me to see it for two reasons, 1: the scorer and 2: the way he scored. Rosenberg has to be the man of the match, he had his best game for ajax so far and he really deserved this goal, a ball was played in to De Jong in side the box, then after turning back looking for teammates he deftly give Rosenberg a rear footed pass, the swede standing on the semicircle along the penalty area stopped the ball and then unlished a right footed curling shot to the upper right hand corner, not even Superman could stop that one.
The third goal was a knife to RKC's heart, after that it was game over.In the mean time Ajax changed to a 4-4-2 system with Babel(entering for Bouckhari) and Rosenberg as forwards, Vermealen came in for Sneijder(awsome game) and Maduro along with Pienaar joined Galasek and de Jong in midfield, Vermealen stud besides Grygera in defence.
To finish the game Babel gave Marco Van Basten(present at the Arena) another reason to be in Germany finishing a good run down the left beating two defenders and sneaking the ball under the golie from a tough angle, Icing on the cake!!!! 4-1 Ajax Damn we needed this one.

Funfact: Wamberto was seen in the game alongside his compatriot Maxwell, i wonder what Wampy has been up to :D .

Peace people, i'll give a rundown individualy of the players later on.

PS: Heitinga started very nervous but got alot better as the game wore on and had some good old field long runs down the right side.

PS2: Juanfran played the full 90 minutes on the left flank, Urby must have taken the day off since he wasnt even on the bench.I'll fill in the rest of the players later on.

Peace. ;)

I think you have made a good analysis and it sure was Rosenbergs best game, he indeed showed his potential. I only hope it gives the confidence he need to continue like this!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo dec 04, 2005 10:17 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:

Peace. ;)

urby has a small injury
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Feest

Bericht door Feest » zo dec 04, 2005 10:20 pm

Nope, Urby was sick.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo dec 04, 2005 11:55 pm

Aye,and I hope to see Heitinga get back on form. I find him a much better defender than Vlaar, and we've already got Escude and Vermaelen.

Nice job Rosenberg! Let's hope he continues on this progress
Get a Cock

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma dec 05, 2005 2:30 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Rosenberg has to be the man of the match, he had his best game for ajax so far and he really deserved this goal
Im on your side with this one. Think the entire team did well as a unit, but Rosenborg was the pick. Good for him. Good for Ajax.

Go Boys!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma dec 05, 2005 5:54 am

Ok as promised here comes my individual player analysis:

Stekelenburg: Good game overall, made some key saves and did not allow any bad goals.Made a point to Van Basten for the world cup, and it must be said that given Marco's tendency towards youth Stek might have a chance. The only thing he lacks are leadership quality's witch could come with time and experience.

Maduro: Out of the central defensive pair he was the weakest, he sometimes reacts to late to a play, still needs to work on his defensive positioning, he really looks a lot better going forward rather than defending and maybe that is why his place should be in midfield.Nice goal(and an important one).

Grygera: outstanding, played well and under control. Went forward a couple of times(something he has learned at Ajax).This guy is becoming the defensive leader we have been missing since Chivu left. Good for him, i'm sold.

Juanfran: the sidebacks were probably the most interesting players to watch since they have played very little so far. Juanfran had a good game overall, showed his capability to atack having some nice runs on the left flank creating danger, he looked more awake and with a thirst to demonstrate his good enough, i think he got the point across the boards.But it must be said that he was beaten several times by De Caulear(or something like that) he just could not keep up with the blonde right wing. Still think he had a good game though, just that his ofensive play was better than his defensive play(witch is pretty common for an Ajacied left back).

Heitinga: You could see he was nervous at the start, his chances for Orange are fading and with the current coach in the stands he had to give it his all. As the game progressed he got more confident and the runs down the right started coming, not a bad game at all and it's a forward start for him, let's hope he keeps it up.Good luck Johnny.

Galasek: got the job done in midfield, i did see him atacking more witch is a good thing and strangely enough he missed an open shot from outside the box, he does not miss a whole lot of those. Good game not a great one.

De Jong: Energetic yet intermitent in midfield,This guy is a ghost in a good way, he can disapear for some minutes and then all of a sudden score a goal or put a player through on goal or come up with some nice moves. Played well and asisted on the Rosenberg goal.Had some scoring chances that he missed but nothing of big significanse.This guy's going to Germany.Hope he eturns with Ajax for a couple more seasons :eusa_pray: .

Sneijder: A beast in midfield and my second Man of the Match, he was everywhere, giving pases, shooting on net, dribling past defenders(that one almost ended in a goal) and scoring the all important second goal.This guy's is maturing(his comments after the game reflect that) and im really glad we signed him again, he is already very good and i think he can still get better.

Bouckhari: Sad to say but he was the weakest link on the team and i say sad because you can se that he really tries, he did no have a bad game and ran his ass of, he just did not stand out a whole lot, he'll problably be on the bench for the next game.

Pienaar: Regular game for him, he was....well Pienaar, skilled, good passing and bad definition in front of goal.Sometimes the things you do well are shadowed by the things you should have done well this is almost always the case with Steven, he can play a magnificent game but when the whistle blow's you will only remember the goal he missed( De Jong for example is the total oposite), this flaw is going to hunt him for the rest of his career.Good play overall, would be a world class player if he could only put some more goals on the board...... :nooo:.

Rosenberg: Man of the match, no doubt for me and what a wonderful goal( De Jong's face after th goal is priceless) he scored. He looked reenergized and finally in sync with the team or it looked like the team was more in sync with him, the players know that he is not very good with his back towards goal so it looked like they simply played to Rosenberg's strengh...his speed. He was going deep at every chance he could and the player's understood this. I really hope this is lift-off for him. Good luck Markus :xyxthumbs: .

Subs:

Babel: Scored another great goal, looked thirsty on the field looking to get his spot back, i think he made it.Van Basten was surely impressed too. It's amazing that this was his first goal in the Eredivisie since last season. Let's hope it's lift-off for him too.

Vermealen: Came in for a tired Sneijder, played only a few minutes but even then looked a little shacky, the team believes in this kid so i will believe too, but i must say that he has not yet convinced me.

Alrighty that's it people.

Peace :xyxthumbs:

Hup AJAX!!!!!!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma dec 05, 2005 6:42 am

We obviously watched the same game...Nice write up VA.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 05, 2005 7:09 am

philippe schreef:after-Thun-like mood : are we supposed to celebrate because we beat RKC ? We are Ajax, we still are Ajax ...
No, we're not supposed to celebrate because we beat RKC... We can be pleased because we played well, though. That says something against any opponent - and, for the record, RKC were a good one.

Anyways: match report is already up. Check it out!

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... c-4-1.html

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma dec 05, 2005 9:00 am

:bis: :bis:
Posted: Mon 5 07:09:50 UTC 2005 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"we're not supposed to celebrate because we beat RKC... We can be pleased because we played well, though. That says something against any opponent - and, for the record, RKC were a good one."

Very true! RKC were good opponents, but they were well beaten on the day!
???? How did you get the report up so quickly?? or don't you sleep?
Great weekend - great result and great "tip" of 4-1.

Rool on next match; the confidence will take them on!!
34 will always be with us

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 05, 2005 9:25 am

My personal 'Man of the Match' was Sneijder, by the way. He was terrific and he worked his balls off. Rosenberg had a good game (he's really getting there now!), but I think many of the fans voted for him as a sort of encouragement. Which makes perfect sense, by the way. He did great work and scored two high quality goals in two consecutive home games. That must be a major encouragement. Good for him.

Also, I thought Babel was a revelation as a sub (he's been quite poor so far this season). Grygera was solid as usual. Maduro had his best game in many weeks and I thought both Heitinga and Juanfran did very well as fullbacks. Good for them: they, too, have had a bit of a rough time.

The two weakest Ajacieden on the pitch were (once again) the two wingers, no doubt about it. Boukhari is just plain crap (can't we get rid of the bloke in January...?) and I thought Steven Pienaar had a complete off-day and was possibly the weakest of the lot.

Ajax had a good second half, so there's light at the end of the tunnel, but let's not forget that RKC could easily have equalized. Stekelenburg's save was amazing. He kept us upright. Had Hoogendorp made it 2-2 Ajax could easily have collapsed, because they're still quite shaky. Ajax really needed a bit of luck on one or two decisive moments -- and they had it this time: the equalizer just before the break and Stekelenburg's save on the hour... those were the two turning points of the game.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma dec 05, 2005 2:15 pm

I agree Ko, I hope Mitea will be back soon and Rosales gets back to his best. Hes been piss poor imo.

Nice job to Sneijder, and I love Heitinga, please give the chap a chance you guys, he aint the best but he he aint the worst.

Hes just Johnny :D
Get a Cock

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma dec 05, 2005 3:08 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Ajax had a good second half, so there's light at the end of the tunnel, but let's not forget that RKC could easily have equalized. Stekelenburg's save was amazing. He kept us upright. Had Hoogendorp made it 2-2 Ajax could easily have collapsed, because they're still quite shaky. Ajax really needed a bit of luck on one or two decisive moments -- and they had it this time: the equalizer just before the break and Stekelenburg's save on the hour... those were the two turning points of the game. K.
I don't know, Ko. They've already had to endure shitloads of bad luck, bad officiating, etc. Ajax still has a huge luck deficit. It is about time they got a little bit of good fortune.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma dec 05, 2005 7:52 pm

At least for one week, I'll take off my season-long, domestic league mourning shroud. A fine result. Not quite ready to put on my purple and white garb and proclaim a resurrection.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma dec 05, 2005 8:10 pm

Step by Step lads, the key fact about this game is that players who were really sucking the arse lately had very good game's and showed what they are capable of, Rosenberg,Babel,Heitinga,Juanfran all showed what they can do, no let's just hope that they can start playing like this week after week.
I guess we'll know next week if its just a one hit wonder or a real step forward for these players.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Plaats reactie