06 Nov 2005: NEC - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » ma nov 07, 2005 6:39 pm

Sorry Rubin but weve no chance of winning the title this year,the only good thing we can get out of this season is to get our house in order for next season.Players who arent going to be around after the summer should be sold,if possible,during the transfer window & at the very least we must find a goalscorer.This season is a wake up call that things need to change at Ajax,its hard for a few months but in the long term lets hope its a blessing in disguise.Keep the faith.

AjaxThailand

Bericht door AjaxThailand » ma nov 07, 2005 8:34 pm

Fact is that Blind has almost the same selection as Koeman had last year. although i didnt like Koemen it sure seems that Koeman was able to get a heck of a lot more out of the players.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma nov 07, 2005 8:35 pm

English Eagle schreef:Sorry Rubin but weve no chance of winning the title this year,the only good thing we can get out of this season is to get our house in order for next season.Players who arent going to be around after the summer should be sold,if possible,during the transfer window & at the very least we must find a goalscorer.This season is a wake up call that things need to change at Ajax,its hard for a few months but in the long term lets hope its a blessing in disguise.Keep the faith.
Amen. Spot on.

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di nov 08, 2005 7:30 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
English Eagle schreef:Sorry Rubin but weve no chance of winning the title this year,the only good thing we can get out of this season is to get our house in order for next season.Players who arent going to be around after the summer should be sold,if possible,during the transfer window & at the very least we must find a goalscorer.This season is a wake up call that things need to change at Ajax,its hard for a few months but in the long term lets hope its a blessing in disguise.Keep the faith.
Amen. Spot on.

K.
Didn't we all say that last season as well?
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 08, 2005 11:47 am

No. We didn't.

In the summer of 2004 we had just clinched the Dutch championship and it seemed like everybody was going to stay. We were all thinking that Ajax would once again win the Dutch title (easily) and would be able to make a serious impact in Europe. That was the expectation level at the start of the season, especially because it seemed like everybody was gonna stay.

But then Zlatan was sold and the whole thing went tits up. Ajax turned the season into a 'wake-up call' season, whereas it was supposed to be a 'fruit reaping' season...

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di nov 08, 2005 2:00 pm

Ajax have the players, they just need to be settled, united, and have a plan.
Man Utd. is the perfect example, they got the players, but many are unsettled, and even criticized each other (roy keane) Then against Chelsea they had a plan and stuck to it and beat them narrowly. I think Ajax need to forget what happened last season, and focus what's happening now.
We don't need goals, that just makes a pressure cooker and Ajax doesnt need that anymore-we're not the 70's lads.
We need a plan, and if the plan works, then we can all start making goals.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 08, 2005 2:19 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:We don't need goals, that just makes a pressure cooker and Ajax doesnt need that anymore.
I know it's a very provocative and blunt statement, but I think - being a football team and all - we do need goals, to be honest...

What exactly do you mean here, Zoef?

K.
Still alive...

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » di nov 08, 2005 2:32 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Ajax have the players, they just need to be settled, united, and have a plan.
Man Utd. is the perfect example, they got the players, but many are unsettled, and even criticized each other (roy keane) Then against Chelsea they had a plan and stuck to it and beat them narrowly. I think Ajax need to forget what happened last season, and focus what's happening now.
We don't need goals, that just makes a pressure cooker and Ajax doesnt need that anymore-we're not the 70's lads.
We need a plan, and if the plan works, then we can all start making goals.
We are in a different position to Utd because they dont have players who want to get away,as we obviously have.If there is a simalarity between the two clubs it is that Utd have never replaced Beckham & we havent replaced Zlatan.For me we have to build a team around Sneijder as only he seems capable of leading the team by example.Lets off load the guys who dont want to be here long term & bring in some guys who see Ajax as a step up in their career & play with the passion that brings.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di nov 08, 2005 11:12 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
ZoefdeHaas schreef:We don't need goals, that just makes a pressure cooker and Ajax doesnt need that anymore.
I know it's a very provocative and blunt statement, but I think - being a football team and all - we do need goals, to be honest...

K.
Perhaps that we don't need to buy a top goal-scorer(who might fail under the pressure anyway) but instead we need to focus on playing excellent football. And while doing so a top goal-scorer will awaken from within our own ranks and/or we'll have many players scoring between 7 and 12 goals per season.

Sounds good, but I think we all agree that we need both the excellent football and the top level goal-scorer in order to get us where we want to be. If that does mean buying a 9 somewhere then I politely say 'Go for it'.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di nov 08, 2005 11:41 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
Goals as in priorities to win the Eredivisie, Gatorade Cup, go far in Champions League, and so on. These goals are the things that get fans, and others to put too high expectation on the players and most of them won't perform well in that matter.
No I don't mean doelpunt, ofcourse we need that
Get a Cock

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di nov 08, 2005 11:43 pm

:oha:

Plaats reactie