01-OCT-2022; Ajax - Go Ahead Eagles; Match Day 8

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

01-OCT-2022; Ajax - Go Ahead Eagles; Match Day 8

Bericht door Orange14 » di sep 27, 2022 1:19 pm

Back to league football after the international break where the Dutch NT advanced to the Nations League playoffs with two nice victories. Jurrien Timber was just so good and I can see some serious transfer money for him next summer. Let's hope Ajax can get back on the winning track this weekend against Go Ahead Eagles.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: 01-OCT-2022; Ajax - Go Ahead Eagles; Match Day 8

Bericht door SPL » za okt 01, 2022 4:30 pm

Will miss tonights game .I am out for the evening with my son and daughter in law. We are going to an old funfair that is entirely driven by steam engines . Used to go there a lot when he and his brother were young , he is now 33 but seems keen to go.

Ajax should get 3 points tonight so will just keep an eye on the mobile.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za okt 01, 2022 6:12 pm

PSV were thumped 3-0 by Cambuur. I think van Nistleroy will be sacked before the end of the season.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za okt 01, 2022 7:09 pm

not thrilled with this lineup but we shall see

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za okt 01, 2022 7:52 pm

Lots of possession deep inside the attacking zone but it took 44 minutes before they could score. Nice pass from Tadic to a cutting Klassen for the score. Grillitch got the start at DM, Ocampos at RW and Klaassen at #10.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za okt 01, 2022 8:55 pm

pathetic. can’t beat gae at home, definitely no chance against napoli

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za okt 01, 2022 9:12 pm

Frustrated for the 2nd year in a row to Go Ahead Eagles with Ajax conceding a goal on a quick counter attack in the second half. I'm convinced that this team has to have a two goal lead for any match to be considered safe. Ajax had 75% of the possession and 23 shots. GAE had three shots with one on goal and that was the one that mattered. Maybe it's a case of Ajax getting too lackadaisical when they have deep possession and then making silly mistakes. Ajax now stand 2nd a point behind AZ who easily dispatched Groningen. Schreuder did rotate the team today which was good to see.

Player Ratings:

Pasveer (6.5) - got a hand on the shot that evened the game but not enough to keep it out
Blind (6.5) - spent most of the match in the offensive half
Bassey (6.5) - decent enough match
Timber (6.5) - had a couple of good runs into the offensive zone, had little defending to do
Rensch (5.5) - still not up to Mazroui
Grillitch (6) - Ok 60 minutes of football
Taylor (6.5) - had a good match constantly moving into the open spaces
Klaassen (6) - made one good run for the goal that opened the scoring and that was it
Ocampos (6) - had a couple of shots on goal but one missed the target and the other one was blocked
Brobbey (6) - good hold up play and was called for a bizarre foul when he was pulled down
Tadic (6) - no magic from the Captain
Alvarez (6) - on for the last half hour and had several nice passes
Bergwijn (5.5) - could not manufacture a shot on goal
Berghuis (NR) - on late when Ajax were chasing a goal
Kudus (NR) - same as Berghuis
Lucca (NR) - same as Bergwijn

With this type of rotation I still am baffled why Tadic plays a full 90 minutes. Champions League match against Napoli on Tuesday which I will unfortunately miss seeing live. Napoli are playing well and are either first or second in the Italian league depending on what Atalanta do tomorrow. I have no expectation of an Ajax win given their current state of play.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 02, 2022 1:01 pm

Chose a good game to miss.Should be beating sides like this 5-0.
I enjoyed my evening with my wife son and daughter in law at the steam fair.As I am one of the few people on the planet without a smart phone my son spoilt my evening by giving me the score.

Plaats reactie