24 AUG 2017 Rosenborg - Ajax EL Qualifying Round

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

souras84

Re: 24 AUG 2017 Rosenborg - Ajax EL Qualifying Round

Bericht door souras84 » vr aug 25, 2017 12:12 am

Guys. There's one ETERNAL Ajax problem. Minus the De Boer years, this team CAN'T defend when it should. Not because it doesn't have good defenders, BUT because it can't understand the concept of playing for the result. You don't have to play a Mourinho type of game to get a result. When you need to hold on a victory, for fucks sake, DON'T rush to score another goal. Start playing defensively and win the fucking game. That's the way you win trophies. Otherwise, you have to be lucky and outscore the opponent (Lyon, Schalke etc). I could continue with more examples, but it's already 2AM and I have to wake up at 7AM
May the Force be with you

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr aug 25, 2017 2:36 am

I'm with Orange. I was annoyed about the result but you can't blame Keizer after four games. In fact, our play in the two earlier losses was not even that bad.

Ajax didn't learn the lesson from last year and didn't have the squad ready at the start of the season. Tete and Riedewald have been gone for weeks and we didn't have replacements in the match squad yesterday; in the end it was poor defense that cost us the tie.

@SPL and others who follow Jong: who played DM last season? No chance of buying a replacement now so we will have to find someone within the club. vd Beek is slack on defense and Schöne probably doesn't have the speed or stamina, although his distribution is good.

Tomy14

Bericht door Tomy14 » vr aug 25, 2017 3:28 am

Orange14 schreef:
saddlerian schreef::ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:
Tomy14 schreef:Keizer is NOT good enough
Tactically inept....what was he thinking?

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
Total BS to both of you. We have not had a team that could tactically break teams that bunker down for a lot of years and now we have one. This club presses all over the field and can move the ball in the MF quite decently. Did you ever see this happen with any of the de Boer teams or last year with Bosz? You can go off and bitch all you want, I'm just sick and tired of it all. Maybe it's just time to silently drift off this board.
I don't care one bit about his pressing!! Do you think i'm gonna enjoy watching that when he's team scores 2 goals and concedes 4 in every game? All i care about is to see my team win, if it comes playing a beautiful game then ill be more than happy with it but if not ill take the win and move on. As for de Boer i was never a fan of his work, Bosz on the other hand was the man to lead us back to glory thats why i find it extremely annoying that we finally had a good manager and we managed to f**k it up again.

Are you related to Keizer by any chance? Why do you get so defensive about him when i'm clearly stating the obvious!! You preach about pressing and and all the positives you've seen and yet out of 6 games he's won only 1. He can go and do all the pressing he wants with young Ajax where winning is not everything......Happy Birthday by the way!!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 25, 2017 11:01 am

Orange like me spent a lot of time watching Jong Ajax with Keizer getting them to play the quick passing and moving and high pressing game and it really was beautiful to watch. I would say the lad who played as DM the most was Carel Eiting, he is a real DM .v d Beek and de Jong both went back in that position but are not DM and mainly were attacking but of course the whole team was conducted by little Appie,he made it all work.

Because of this Orange and I both though Keizer would be a good idea(Orange will have his say later) and the attacking and quick moving and high pressure is good but he is saddled with a poor defence.

Souras's post earlier does hit the nail on the head we dont know how to defend to get a result ie Nice at home ,last night ,both games we were ahead on 80 mins but couldn't close down the games and it has cost us big time.

Keizer has been blamed and his tactics of bringing on Zeefuik have been slaughtered but swapping a defender for an out of sorts striker going into the last 15 mins was not stupid its just the defender is not good enough and I think Veltman was stuck in front of the back 4!

We have started the season with 4 defenders(Sanchez played vNice but made no difference ),and whereas de Ligt and Viergever last season in Cd with the giant Sanchez looked good,this season so far together they are struggling especially as their full backs are rubbish.Zeefuik is not considered good enough as back up RB and Dankerlui ,words fail me ,he should take a one way train to Almere City.

Hope Orange enjoyed the rest of his birthday ,we were all very angry last night and needing to blame someone.

VVV next ,that will be hard as they started well and ex youth Mink Peeters has joined them on loan from Real Madrid.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 25, 2017 12:49 pm

As expected the analysis by 11 tegen 11 shows that Ajax were the superior team last evening. The expected goals was 2.27 - 1.08 with Ajax having a 68% chance of victory. I don't think that images from the Twitter feed post on this forum but you can go here: https://twitter.com/11tegen11?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw to see it.

Ajax outshot Rosenborg and had the bulk of possession in the attacking area as well. the money quote, "Ajax structurally create more and better chances than their opponents, yet fail to win. Over time, most teams do revert to winning."

Let's hope this is the case.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 25, 2017 12:54 pm

Tom_ schreef: Ajax didn't learn the lesson from last year and didn't have the squad ready at the start of the season. Tete and Riedewald have been gone for weeks and we didn't have replacements in the match squad yesterday; in the end it was poor defense that cost us the tie.
They knew Tete was gone last season when Bosz decided to go with Veltman at RB and Tete said he would not extend his contract so they had over a year to make plans for filling this position. Riedewald did not have to be sold and we really don't know what Keizer's thinking was about him.
@SPL and others who follow Jong: who played DM last season? No chance of buying a replacement now so we will have to find someone within the club. vd Beek is slack on defense and Schöne probably doesn't have the speed or stamina, although his distribution is good.
Eiting played the postition quite a bit but when van de Beek was in the squad, Eiting was either left out or played on the back line as the other two MFs were Nouri and de Jong.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 25, 2017 12:58 pm

Tomy14 schreef: I don't care one bit about his pressing!! Do you think i'm gonna enjoy watching that when he's team scores 2 goals and concedes 4 in every game? All i care about is to see my team win, if it comes playing a beautiful game then ill be more than happy with it but if not ill take the win and move on. As for de Boer i was never a fan of his work, Bosz on the other hand was the man to lead us back to glory thats why i find it extremely annoying that we finally had a good manager and we managed to f**k it up again.

Are you related to Keizer by any chance? Why do you get so defensive about him when i'm clearly stating the obvious!! You preach about pressing and and all the positives you've seen and yet out of 6 games he's won only 1. He can go and do all the pressing he wants with young Ajax where winning is not everything......Happy Birthday by the way!!!
Not related at all. It's instructive to look at the 11 tegen 11 twitter site and see the analysis of all the Ajax matches this season. Ajax pretty much dominated each match but slack defending and some lack of luck in finishing are the big contributors to the current malaise. As I posted before, I still think what happened back in early July with the collapse of Appie Nouri hangs over this club.

I don't know if you watched any Jong Ajax matches last season, but Keizer took a bunch of kids and finished second in that competition playing the same type of football that the senior team is playing right now. this was a big achievement considering that in most matches they were playing against veteran players.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr aug 25, 2017 11:19 pm

Orange14 schreef: Ajax outshot Rosenborg and had the bulk of possession in the attacking area as well. the money quote, "Ajax structurally create more and better chances than their opponents, yet fail to win. Over time, most teams do revert to winning."
I'm finding this quite amusing. Do you remember the de Boer years where the ExpG model consistently hated Ajax and yet we were winning 2–0 and 1–0 all the time? I'm not advocating a return to that playing style, but it seems that restricting your opponents' chances is more effective than trying to outscore them!

I still think the floodgates will open at some point and we'll get a ton of goals in the league this season.

Tomy14

Bericht door Tomy14 » za aug 26, 2017 12:20 am

Orange14 schreef:
Tomy14 schreef: I don't care one bit about his pressing!! Do you think i'm gonna enjoy watching that when he's team scores 2 goals and concedes 4 in every game? All i care about is to see my team win, if it comes playing a beautiful game then ill be more than happy with it but if not ill take the win and move on. As for de Boer i was never a fan of his work, Bosz on the other hand was the man to lead us back to glory thats why i find it extremely annoying that we finally had a good manager and we managed to f**k it up again.

Not related at all. It's instructive to look at the 11 tegen 11 twitter site and see the analysis of all the Ajax matches this season. Ajax pretty much dominated each match but slack defending and some lack of luck in finishing are the big contributors to the current malaise. As I posted before, I still think what happened back in early July with the collapse of Appie Nouri hangs over this club.

I don't know if you watched any Jong Ajax matches last season, but Keizer took a bunch of kids and finished second in that competition playing the same type of football that the senior team is playing right now. this was a big achievement considering that in most matches they were playing against veteran players.
Dominating a game means nothing if you are unable to win!! People who bring up Appies unfortunate situation are simply trying to find excuses. This team under Keizer showed in their first game against Nice a great way to play football and still get the result with Donny Van de Beek (Appies best friend) being one of the best in the field! This wasn't the case when we played them at home where we were behind from the first minutes of the game, turned it around and failed to keep the lead due Keizer inability to see that Schoone can't last more than 60 minutes.

I haven't watched any of the Jong Ajax matches last season but i would constantly check the results knowing how well they were doing. I am aware of what Keizer accomplished with the young lads but you have to understand that the pressure on him was minimal!! Coaching the Jong Ajax team is not the same with coaching the big boys and his managerial career proves this so far.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 26, 2017 11:32 am

Dont think anyone is looking for excuses with the Appie situation but its still having a big effect on the club and players.

I say this as its still effecting me and I am only a fan.Every game so far this season I still think of him and that he wont play again.Must be a million times worse for those at the club who were close to him.

Plaats reactie