24 AUG 2014 Ajax-PSV Match Day 3

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

saddlerian

Re: 24 AUG 2014 Ajax-PSV Match Day 3

Bericht door saddlerian » zo aug 24, 2014 6:17 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Agree with everyone, very entertaining game....but, tactically :confused.gif: :confused.gif:

Why did El Ghazi come out for the 2nd half if he was injured?
Why replace him with Anderson...right footed, and then swap wings with Schoner when he was ok on left?
Why replace Boilesen with a right footed back?
Why allow both Moisander and Veltman to venture forward without someone covering for them/
Why did Moisander try to break the net at 1-2 instead of placing the hot?
WHAT THE HELL WAS MOISANDER TRYING TO DO TO BLIND FOR PSV'S 3rd GOAL? IT WAS BLIND'S CALL!!

Many questions.....just hope that they get answered!!!

Very frustrating.....not playing as a team at all!!!!
34 will always be with us

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 24, 2014 6:53 pm

SaddlerIan schreef:
Agree with everyone, very entertaining game....but, tactically :confused.gif: :confused.gif:

Why did El Ghazi come out for the 2nd half if he was injured?
I assume FdB thought he could go
Why replace him with Anderson...right footed, and then swap wings with Schoner when he was ok on left?
I was surprised that he didn't sub in Kishna who he told to warm up at the end of the 1st half. Andersen played on the left last season but it was a bit curious
Why replace Boilesen with a right footed back?
He didn't want to move Blind to the back and they were playing a 3 man back anyway. Once van Rhijn came off Ligeon moved over there.
Why allow both Moisander and Veltman to venture forward without someone covering for them/
Viergever was supposed to drop back but we didn't concede any goals when those two pushed up it was really turnover during the run of play.
Why did Moisander try to break the net at 1-2 instead of placing the hot?
It was a good save by Zoet; I think the ball would have gone in had he not deflected it.
WHAT THE HELL WAS MOISANDER TRYING TO DO TO BLIND FOR PSV'S 3rd GOAL? IT WAS BLIND'S CALL!!
Moisander wasn't involved at all; it was Veltman.
many questions.....just hope that they get answered!!!
those are my answers FWIW
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » zo aug 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Player Ratings:

Cillessen (6) - certainly not at fault on any of the goals, made a couple of good saves and distributed the ball well
Boilesen (5) - really looked lost at times and a bad choice to head the ball back but did move forward well
Moisander (5.5) - made the wrong decision about which man to pick up on the 2nd goal
Veltman (5.5) - should never have been beaten by Jozefson
van Rhijn (6.5) - solid match and nicely weighted passes; decent enough defense on Depay
Viergever (6) - a couple of good plays but was he too far up field on the counters?
Blind (6.5) - should have done better on the 3rd goal but worked hard all game long both offensively and defensively
Klaassen (5.5) - nice pass to el Ghazi and had a couple of shots but that was all
Schöne (6) - some good free kicks and put in a solid shift
Sigthorrsson (6) - really worked hard to score and hold the ball up but his first touch is really bad
el Ghazi (7) - had perhaps the best match of the attackers before he had to come off
Andersen (6) - really frustrating player; great technique but holds on to the ball too long and gets dispossessed
Ligeon (6) - did OK as a sub
Serero (5.5) - did push the ball forward but his passing needed to be more incisive

I'd probably agree with most of this, but I'd put boilesen down to 4.5 he was alright going forward but beyond shocking defensively. Both the first two were his fault for not tracking back and leaving huge gaps on the left side.

I'd pull blind back down to a 5.5 he didn't do much but slow play down. If united want him, and for £15m he can go now.

I'd also pull down schone to a 5.5 he was just plain lazy at times with the ball.. But your right he put a good shift in.

I'd probably think that van rhijn was our best player, he did well going forward and made delay look very average. Which is a good point especially as he's about the best player in holland right now.

I've watch all of ajax and psv games this season and I didn't expect to get anything before the game, but we played well at times, all the rumours here are giuidetti to ajax this week. I'd be happy with that as although siggy does well at creating space he no good at scoring,

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 24, 2014 7:49 pm

If Blind goes we have only Viegever to play DM and thats not enough. Would also say the only LB cover is Viegever and Riedewald (Dijks will go this week possibly with Sana to Utrecht). Need Blind to stay.

I too want a striker who actually scores goals.Zivkovic of course did that last season for Groningen!!

Biggest problem is in MF , Klaassen ,is a work in progress, but Andersen and Serero are not good enough and neither is Duarte.Andersen needs a season loan as another season in Jong Ajax with odd 10 mins for 1st wont see any progress.He needs to be playing for amid table team like Heerenveen every week .

Serero and Duarte are too lightweight and imo are not good enough for Ajax. Duarte has been poor in his 3 Jong games this season which is worrying but we seem to be stuck with these 2 .Both should be with mid table teams like GAEagles ,Cambuur ADO in my opinion.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 24, 2014 8:43 pm

I just saw de Boer's comments on the match. Boilesen was pulled because of a groin problem which he apparently suffered yesterday (hope this is not another long term injury!). el Ghazi came out because of an intestinal disturbance.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma aug 25, 2014 3:51 am

Cruijff schreef:COME ON!!! Destroy that f*cking farmers...!

You're in a place where they want to see all these matches so that they can bet on them aveslacker? :smile-ajax.gif:
Maybe over in Macau, but I haven't made it there yet ... :headbang.gif:

But it's nice to have 100mbps. My stream was the best one I've had in many years.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » ma aug 25, 2014 3:00 pm

Again we get punished with counters. Still, this time were able to create chances. More than enough I'd say. Boilesen and van Rhijn supported the attack well. Too bad the finishing touch was missing, but if we keep this up, I think the goals will come. Just got to be more careful with possession and not too risky with the defenders going forward. This kind of a game takes a lot of stamina from the full backs as they need to go forward and also drop back fast incase of a counter.
afcajax73 schreef:I'd also pull down schone to a 5.5 he was just plain lazy at times with the ball.. But your right he put a good shift in.
He is still our main man in attack, but did screw up a few times. Gave the ball cheaply away in midfield for the second PSV goal. Maybe should have scored from the great pass by Andersen who was decent in my opinion. Not as fast as Kishna or el Ghazi but has a better vision I think. He's not ready yet, but I think he has potential.
"We're on a mission from God."

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 28, 2014 9:41 am

As JC said, our midfield was just weak and slow.
Best memory of the day : Siem's farewell party
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie