22 Sep 2013: PSV - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: 22 Sep 2013: PSV - Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Tom_ schreef: Our playing style is very prone to counter attacks when the ball is given away. Every team in the eredivisie knows this and will try to break quickly against us. The problem is that our midfield is coughing up the ball far too easily at the moment. Similar to the game against Barça, we lost possession too easily throughout the whole game but were only punished in the second half. I think PSV's first three goals all came immediately after turnovers?

I still think our midfield can do the job on attack but I agree that the lack of DMF and wingers is a worry. We've had an awful start, but no other team in the eredivisie is looking very good so far, and we have plenty of time to turn it around.
I already commented on Vermeer this AM on the Vermeer player thread and won't say anything more other than it's a coin flip between the two keepers.

Teams will keep playing rope-a-dope (for those of you unfamiliar with the term see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope-a-dope) and look for a cheap counter attack goal. Until the midfield can figure out a way to get the ball to an attacker who can get a shot off on goal the club will continue to suffer.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma sep 23, 2013 12:45 pm

BTW things might have turned differently had the referee seen the assault by Schaars on Serero .... this was a red card.
Appie, stay strong !

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma sep 23, 2013 1:58 pm

Tom_ schreef: the lack of DMF and wingers is a worry.
that's the truth.
If we had nothing special (or nothing ready) in house, we had to buy something in those two spots this summer.
O tempora o mores

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » ma sep 23, 2013 4:03 pm

pizza 5 schreef:Bloody Hell.....having made the trip to Barca to see us get totally outclassed as we all expected, I am really glad that I did not make the trip to Lightbulb city for this performance. We were really poor but I'm keeping calm, we cant be this bad again this season, FDB will get it sorted and we will get better as the season goes on. PSV are still a really poor side and will not be a serious threat to title number 4.

These pills I'm taking are pretty good....
:biggrin.gif:

I agree; I didn't see this one (thank God) but I'm hoping it's too early to push the panic button. Certainly there are a number of issues to be addressed, but I don't think FdB suddenly turned stupid over the summer. (At least, I hope not!)
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Plaats reactie