14 Feb 2013: Ajax - FC Steaua București

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: 14 Feb 2013: Ajax - FC Steaua București

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 14, 2013 9:10 pm

I thought Cuenca did a nice job on the ball today, good control and he knew as soon as he was about to be double teamed to get the ball out of trouble. Fischer and Lukoki should look at this game tape and learn something of value.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » vr feb 15, 2013 12:54 am

Caught the last 20mins of tonight's game.
Good win but we were abit slack with some good chances at the end.
I wonder of Boerrighter would have pulled a pass back if the score was 0-0 when he got round the back on the right.

I like the structures we had in midfield and I agree that Siem is much better in midfield.
Question is how long can we keep Siggy fit?
AJACIED

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr feb 15, 2013 9:39 am

Agreed, Cuenca was much better today and having Kolbeinn back was very nice. This was a great result but only a decent performance, I thought. My worry is how easily Steaua moved the ball past our midfield, and they had quite a few good chances. My guess is Paulsen will start in the away leg.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr feb 15, 2013 10:42 am

Surprised to read Frank does not see any future in Daley Blind with Ajax. Considering recent games, and this one in particular, my own doubts are on Moisander, the invisible man.
Appie, stay strong !

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » vr feb 15, 2013 12:27 pm

wow those are harsh words from De Boer, and come very surprising after his debut with the national team and being the most decent performer against Roda. do you have a link to that statement?
Godenzonen

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr feb 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Appie, stay strong !

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr feb 15, 2013 2:23 pm

philippe schreef:Surprised to read Frank does not see any future in Daley Blind with Ajax. Considering recent games, and this one in particular, my own doubts are on Moisander, the invisible man.
That's not true. Some journalists are just making this story up.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Regarding Blind, as noted they are going to discuss extending the contract. I guess the key issue here is whether Boilesen will ever play again at a high level and whether Dijks is the #2. We've debated Blind's ability for well over a year and some have stated that he should move to holding midfield. I'm skeptical of this as that position requires someone with a very high handling speed with the ball (Anita or Clasie) and I don't think Blind has that ability. He is having a wonderful season but his primary limitation is speed and we saw yesterday how he was beaten several times by the Steaua winger Poparadu. Left backs are always at a premium but I don't think Blind can move up to a higher level because of this limitation.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 15, 2013 7:24 pm

I think Ajax would take a gamble by letting Blind go and hope that Boilesen reaches his peak for next season. Boilesen only made his debut in April 2011 and has played no more than about 10 games and has basically been unfit for nearly 18 months. Blind's attacking game has been good this season but he still is too slow .

With a good win last night if we get through next week we will be playing 5 midweek games in a row ie Cup semi in between Steaua and Chelsea. Apart from the injured Babel the only other players we could bring into the last nights 18 man squad are all kids and players with little experience and some of last nights subs are just kids. I do wonder what an effect it will have on our league games.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za feb 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Bad timing for such a commentary. With no left back on the horizon, Boilesen , per AN , due to return to Jong Ajax Monday and no certainty for fitness longer term, and Mitchell Dijks poor showing in last run out and injury , better to work with Blind . At least until July 1.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Plaats reactie