20 Jan 2013: Ajax - Feyenoord

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

souras84

Re: 20 Jan 2013: Ajax - Feyenoord

Bericht door souras84 » zo jan 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Surely I got a greater scare from the crack on the roof, than anything the cockroaches did...
May the Force be with you

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » zo jan 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Very pleased, a solid performance. Maybe we took the foot off the gas a bit too early allowing the f word back in the match but a good game by Vermeer stopped them from getting their hopes up. We're Looking good as we have lot of options for every position as we got Babel back and will have Siggy also.
"We're on a mission from God."

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » zo jan 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Was this Kenneth Vermeer's best ever game as Ajax number 1???
Godenzonen

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo jan 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Well, you have to say the ref tried his best (to tilt the game, that is), but credit to our boys, they didn't crack. Overall, they have finally starting to move the ball with speed and determination, and it showed in the quality of their play today. A good win, and a good start to the second half of the season. Twente only drew, so we are only 1 point away.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 20, 2013 4:31 pm

just watching the highlights and it was a clear dive , V Rhijn slightly touched his shirt and the Cockroach dived . Neither V Rhijn's nor Siem's cards were justified and they had about 3or 4 times when a bad tackle was much worse and got away with it. They did have the best of the refs decisions but were outclassed.

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » zo jan 20, 2013 4:32 pm

A nice team performance. I wonder who will replace Van Rhijn next game.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jan 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Very solid play following van Rhijn's sending off. The club withstood some strong pressure at the beginning of the second half and managed to pick up a third goal from Alderwiereld off a great free kick from Eriksen. All the worry about the team being jet lagged because of their trip to Rio proved unfounded and Feyenoord were really the club that was out of sorts. Two matches with Vitesse coming up.

Player Ratings:

Vermeer (8) - made some really tough saves today and his kicking could not have been better
Blind (7.5) - really strong match, Schaken got past him one time but after that he was a rock on both defense and going forward
Moisander (7) - no complaints about his play at all managed to be steady on defense and his passing from the back was strong
Alderwiereld (7.5) - in the right place for the goal and defensively was strong even after moving out wide to replace van Rhijn
van Rhijn (4) - you just cannot let yourself get put in the situation of having to interfere from behind after getting beat in the box
Poulsen (7) - really strong today and kept Pelle from doing anything dangerous
Eriksen (7) - did zone out of the game at times but his free kicks were all dangerous
Schöne (7) - another solid match today
Fischer (8) - in addition to two sublime strikes he exhibited a lot of maturity today and didn't get into any trouble when he wanted to make plays
de Jong (7) - decent enough in the middle
Boerrigter (6.5) - was not really involved all that much as most of the offense went down the left side but was strong on the ball
Babel (7.5) - very strong holding the ball up which was crucial when playing a man down
Veltman (6.5) - didn't make any mistakes but wasn't troubled much by Feyenoord attackers either
Enoh (6.5) - very good coming on late to add some defense, played within his capabilities and made the right pass
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ajaciedjuh

Bericht door Ajaciedjuh » zo jan 20, 2013 4:32 pm

paladinby schreef:A nice team performance. I wonder who will replace Van Rhijn next game.
Ligeon or Toby (and Veltman central defender).
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jan 20, 2013 4:35 pm

SPL schreef:just watching the highlights and it was a clear dive , V Rhijn slightly touched his shirt and the Cockroach dived .
I didn't get a post match replay as ESPN cuts away right after the match but that was my feeling as well but van Rhijn has to be faulted for getting beat badly putting himself in that position.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 20, 2013 4:50 pm

I do accept that but the pictures showed a clear dive. VRhijn had a good game until then.

Next week Toby will be right back and Veltman CD as per the last 30 mins of this game.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo jan 20, 2013 4:57 pm

The weekend was the epitome of one clubs (or 4) difficulty is another clubs opportunity. WELL DONE AJAX !!! A superb team effort. Now can we extend Viktor Fischer please ? This looked like his most mature performance to date. Loved how danger man Graziano Pelle was kept under wraps .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 20, 2013 5:07 pm

yes a great team performance and I am sure Fischer will extend .He has indicated he is intending to extend.He looked very mature today for an 18 year old.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo jan 20, 2013 7:54 pm

I really enjoyed that. I didn't think we played that well but I'm not going to complain. Immers missing that penalty and rebound was priceless with the amount of noise in the ArenA and the snow on the technical area capped it all off. Great fun!

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » zo jan 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Great game by the boys! :ajaxscarf.gif:
Relive it again?

and watch how PSV were absolutely lucked out... . :smallgrin.gif:
AJACIED

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma jan 21, 2013 8:58 am

Having watched the game I think Fword really have a whinny, niggly, cheating, dirty way of playing football these days...

It does diservice to their history.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 21, 2013 10:49 am

Manneken Pis schreef:Having watched the game I think Fword really have a whinny, niggly, cheating, dirty way of playing football these days...

It does diservice to their history.
You really think so?

I think they're quite clean these days... Loads of youth players, quite entertaining, nice to watch. Of course: Lex Immers is a wanker, but otherwise I can't really hate them.

The team to hate is definitely PSV at the moment. Van Bommel, Strootman, Toivonen, Mertens... They really are a horrible lot. Almost impossible to sympathize with, unless you're a really, really devoted PSV supporter (and even even if were, I'd be embarrassed).

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Have to go along with Ko.Fword have loads of their own kids coming through . PSV are now just a buying club and have V Bommel .

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma jan 21, 2013 2:40 pm

SPL schreef:Have to go along with Ko.Fword have loads of their own kids coming through . PSV are now just a buying club and have V Bommel .
Well I guess there's a clear difference of opinion.

You're right about the youth policy, and attacking football, they just seemed to fall over a lot and whinge to the ref. And yes, Immers is a tosser.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » ma jan 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Missed this one - we were out in the country and away from TV, internet, etc. - but absolutely thrilled with the result. :blub.gif:

And then, just to cap a wonderful sporting day, my hometown AMERICAN football team, the San Francisco 49ers, made it to the Super Bowl. Maybe I'll actually have to watch it this year.
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

zeux

Bericht door zeux » ma jan 21, 2013 6:57 pm

mako schreef: And then, just to cap a wonderful sporting day, my hometown AMERICAN football team, the San Francisco 49ers, made it to the Super Bowl. Maybe I'll actually have to watch it this year.
They played a good game. In the second half. :-)
Deserved their spot in the Bowl. :biggthumpup.gif:
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jan 22, 2013 6:02 am

Zeux schreef:
mako schreef: And then, just to cap a wonderful sporting day, my hometown AMERICAN football team, the San Francisco 49ers, made it to the Super Bowl. Maybe I'll actually have to watch it this year.
They played a good game. In the second half. :-)
Deserved their spot in the Bowl. :biggthumpup.gif:
Anyone but the fucking Patriots.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jan 22, 2013 2:29 pm

aveslacker schreef:Anyone but the fucking Patriots.
Completely agree with this

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jan 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Are not the Patriots the Ajax of American football? Just asking as I really gave up following the sport about six years ago because of the rampant steroid use and countless injuries. I suspect that most of those playing today will suffer early dementia.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » di jan 22, 2013 2:51 pm

I think the Patriots are more like the 'Yankees' for some, judging from the spite around them.
I don't dislike the Yankees.
I don't dislike the Patriots.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jan 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Zeux schreef:I think the Patriots are more like the 'Yankees' for some, judging from the spite around them.
I don't dislike the Yankees.
I don't dislike the Patriots.
I hate them because I'm from NY. I hate all Boston teams. Even little league baseball. LOL.

Also - I love the Yankees.

Plaats reactie