12 Aug 2012: Ajax - AZ

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SE6Ajacied

Re: 12 Aug 2012: Ajax - AZ

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo aug 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Jansen nearly made it 3-2 right at the last. know I'm probably in the minority here but U think it'll be a shame if he goes. Much too good just to be a substitute but he does have the abulity ti change games, something we will be lacking if he goes.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo aug 12, 2012 5:25 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

A good game for the neutrals, but disappointing defensively! If they can't manage to keep hold of the ball, it's going to be a long season!!!

Let's see what happens in the transfer market...if Anita and Janssen both go....where's the holding midfield player? Is Enoh going to come back? Many questions have to answered...QUICKLY!!!

Some positives, Ekoki and Sanah....even VDW had a good game, but Toby and Van Rhijn need to be stronger!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo aug 12, 2012 5:27 pm

That was a game we truly should have won -- dominated it from beginning to end. Two defensive blips and some tough luck on finishing our chances ruined it -- but when we played going forward we ran them ragged.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo aug 12, 2012 5:37 pm

THAT was close !! I can finally exhale. Not what I was hoping for , but I agree with Orange14 about fair result...begrudgingly. We deserved our goals and could've had another one or two. They had a chance for 1:3 , Altidore was a handful at times, and our defense forgot football is TWO HALVES. On to NEC. To our Board, I say that I like the Sana and Schone additions on first glance, but PLEASE STRENGTHEN OUR SQUAD !!!!!! And not just with youngsters.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Missed the game as I was watching my cricket team in sunshine which is rare this summer.

Not surprised at the draw but with Janssen and Anita to be sold we seem to be in a bit of a shambles at present. We seem to be on the brink of signing another winger and will then have 7 but have no 2nd striker ,only 1 CD and no defensive midfielder as Enoh is injured.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Opening matches of the season are always a bit challenging and this one was no different. Ajax clearly had the better of the play in terms of possession and the creation of dangerous opportunities. Unfortunately, two defensive lapses were punished with well taken goals by Altidore. Alderweireld got turned too easily for a player of his defensive ability and it was hard for me to tell who was at fault on the second goal as the ESPN feed was not terribly clear. Despite being down 1-2, they kept their heads and were rewarded when Siggthorsson hammered home the equalizer. For the most part of the game the team played very well with a high defensive line and pressing in the midfield. Oranje hopeful Maher was neutralized and I'm sure Van Gaal noticed this. Passing in the midfield was quite good in the first half and less so in the second as AZ altered their defensive approach, tightening things up. Despite this both Anita and Sana got in 1-1 on the keeper but just were a bit too close to be able to score.

Player Ratings:

Vermeer (7) - good save on Beerens and also took the angle away from Altidore on what would have been a hat trick; kicked the ball well and made good decisions on distribution
Blind (7) - did not have to defend all that much and was good going forward; did well on the end line to get past two AZ defenders to put the ball into a dangerous situation
van Rhijn (7) - good tackle on Beerens in the box to present a shot on goal; don't know whether this will be a long term position for him but did well today
Alderweield (5) - school boy mistake on the first goal leads to the low mark today, otherwise did well
Van der Wiel (7) - rocket shot to get the team up 1-0 and seemed to be in good defensive positions for most of the game
Anita (7) - good match as usual and his run to break in free on the keeper was really a heady play
Schöne (7) - only on for 1/2 but did direct things quite well
de Jong (6) - absent for long stretches of the match
Lukoki (7) - regularly beat his defender on both the right and left sides and delivered some decent crosses, one of his best matches on the senior level
Serrero (7) - quite active and quick but still questions linger whether he is strong enough at this level
Siggthorrson (7) - converted the good pass in for the tying goal but whiffed on two other chances but does work hard to get open
Sana (7) - looks to be a great find for the club, fast, finds space and knows what to do with the ball
Klaasen (6) - got a corner in the late stages of the game but was not involved otherwise
Janssen (8) - didn't have to defend at the stage of the game when he came in but delivered a pin point pass to set up the tying goal and had a fair shot from distance on the goal

So we will now see who leaves the club and if anyone else is brought in. Anita and Janssen are gone (at least this is what was reported). I think we have too many wingers now but it's doubtful that anyone would want Sulejmani (price too high) or Ebecilio (talent too low) and questions still remain about Boerrigter's back. It will be good to get Eriksen back next week. I'm anxious to see more of Sana.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 12, 2012 8:41 pm

out of interest did you get good streams today ie Ian quoted one and I assume sopcast had 13th steam ? I will likely give it acouple of games but may well pay to get Eredivisie Livesport .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 12, 2012 8:55 pm

SPL schreef:out of interest did you get good streams today ie Ian quoted one and I assume sopcast had 13th steam ? I will likely give it acouple of games but may well pay to get Eredivisie Livesport .
I watched on ESPN here in the states and for the first time the feed wasn't all that good. The close up camera work was clear but for some reason the normal game feed was blurry and even the numbers on the kit tops were not all that clear. Can't say anything about SopCast streams.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma aug 13, 2012 4:59 am

SPL schreef:out of interest did you get good streams today ie Ian quoted one and I assume sopcast had 13th steam ? I will likely give it acouple of games but may well pay to get Eredivisie Livesport .
Sopcast had it on the usual Ajax channel (13th stream, I believe) -- good picture but no sound; sopcast also had it on a Pangea Streams feed -- equally good picture, plus sound. Commentary in Dutch (like 13th), but after all these years, I can pretty much follow it (there's not all that much to follow), and like hearing the background fan noise.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma aug 13, 2012 5:05 am

I think Sana will be a big plus for us -- he has that spark that can create something out of nothing in an instant, and can run at the defenders -- which is something we have been lacking. As to Schöne, it's too early to say -- he wasn't on long enough to form a real impression -- after that knock he obviously wasn't up to par. He didn't look bad, but didn't do anything to get my blood racing, either -- will have to hold judgement for now.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 13, 2012 10:20 am

Very enjoyable game.

I thought Ajax played quite well with so many youngsters. You can hardly blame the kids on the field for letting in a few soft goals. There is no experience whatsoever, Vertonghen has not been replaced. If that's the choice you make it's gonna cost you a few game. Yesterday wasn't the last time, mark my words.

But I thought they looked quite fresh. Played well. I had a good time.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma aug 13, 2012 10:31 am

Well, yes. But without Janssen it would probably have been a silly defeat. Food for thought I guess.
Appie, stay strong !

acab

Bericht door acab » ma aug 13, 2012 3:30 pm

philippe schreef:Well, yes. But without Janssen it would probably have been a silly defeat. Food for thought I guess.
+1 :ajaxscarf.gif:

Plaats reactie