Re: 01 Apr 2012: Ajax - Heracles Almelo

Bericht door souras84 » zo apr 01, 2012 5:29 pm

6 remaining and let's see how it's gonna end
May the Force be with you

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo apr 01, 2012 5:49 pm

If it's April, it's gotta be AJAX !!! AJAX for the league ole, ole !!!! Never seen a club which can play like fertilzer in fall and early winter , then bloom like roses from that fertilizer come late winter and spring. Uncanny how they turn it on. THANK YOU AJAX !!! A wonderful shot in the arm. My dad's terminal illness and my prostate cancer scare have made these last months a dark time . I'm very, very grateful to Ajax for weeks like last week and this. A real pick me up.

And here I was all set to talk of De Boer and Janssen as De Boer and De Boring . Theo, thank you for making me eat my words !!!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo apr 01, 2012 5:50 pm

Blind3 schreef:If it's April, it's gotta be AJAX !!! AJAX for the league ole, ole !!!! Never seen a club which can play like fertilzer in fall and early winter , then bloom like roses from that fertilizer come late winter and spring. Uncanny how they turn it on. THANK YOU AJAX !!! A wonderful shot in the arm. My dad's terminal illness and my prostate cancer scare have made these last months a dark time . I'm very, very grateful to Ajax for weeks like last week and this. A real pick me up.

And here I was all set to talk of De Boer and Janssen as De Boer and De Boring . Theo, thank you for making me eat my words !!!
Jeez, man. That's tough. Keep your chin up!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo apr 01, 2012 5:52 pm

Enjoy life man!! Good luck and the best is yet to come
May the Force be with you

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo apr 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Aveslacker and Souras84 ,THANKS for the kind words and positivity . Hopefully PSV, AZ, FCT, Roaches r Us, etc.. drop like my PSA has recently dropped.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo apr 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Good things happen when you win 8 games in a row. Who could thought? :biggrin.gif:

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo apr 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Blind3 schreef:If it's April, it's gotta be AJAX !!! AJAX for the league ole, ole !!!! Never seen a club which can play like fertilzer in fall and early winter , then bloom like roses from that fertilizer come late winter and spring. Uncanny how they turn it on. THANK YOU AJAX !!! A wonderful shot in the arm. My dad's terminal illness and my prostate cancer scare have made these last months a dark time . I'm very, very grateful to Ajax for weeks like last week and this. A real pick me up.

Wow that's rough. Keep fighting!!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo apr 01, 2012 6:08 pm

THANKS AMOL !! Wonder if we'll get another tour if Ajax pip the title ?
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 01, 2012 6:18 pm

All the best Blind .

Ajax in 2010 won 14 games and drew 2 of their last 16 but Twente pipped us by 1 point .Last season from this day when we beat Heracles it was 6 straight wins and the title.
Now its 8 in arow and we are playing well and finally even starting to play with a striker again. If people think we are the richest club in Holland and spend loads of money well 10 of todays starters come from the Academy ok 1 is Danish and 2 come from Antwerp but I do not count Flemish as real foreign . Blimey they basically speak Dutch there and Antwerp is on the border.

I do believe this young team will win the title ,what a turn around from that 2-0 defeat v Utrecht. Oh yes and we play proper football and Rinus must be looking down and approving.

PS Our supporters really do lift the team with their singing . What agreat noise .

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo apr 01, 2012 6:52 pm

THANK YOU SPL .

Found this on Aras Ozbiliz (Caution : Google Translator at work) on Ajax.nl homepage match article : Özbiliz also experienced a less happy afternoon. The attacker dropped out after one hour and a half thick with a shin injury. Wing Flash Jody Lukoki was his replacement.

Loved the translations of Daley Blind as "Outlaw left back " and Vurnon Anita as "multifunctional maniac" .

Four clean sheets on the bounce and one goal conceded in 5. Pretty stingy.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo apr 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Great spirit Blind3!!! God bless you and your family, may you all live to see many more success at Ajax Amsterdam :tifoajax.gif:

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo apr 01, 2012 7:59 pm

i only have one thing to say... i told you all we'd be back on top before its all said and done... now, we just need to continue regular business until it's in the bag

okay, maybe that was two things

oh... and best of health to you and your dad, blind3... so, just three things to say then :onfire.gif: :onfire.gif: :onfire.gif:
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » zo apr 01, 2012 11:08 pm

SPL schreef:2 come from Antwerp but I do not count Flemish as real foreign . Blimey they basically speak Dutch there and Antwerp is on the border.
Apologies for picking up on a small point but they are Belgian - end of story.

I was born in a part of Scotland which extends further south than parts of the border with England and I speak English but I certainly am not English and would never wish to be considered as such either and would be greatly insulted to be called that. Both Jan and Toby are Belgian born and bred not Dutch and never will be either.

Again apologies for being pedantic but just wanted to point out errors of your ways. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Anyway, perfect game today, esp 2nd half - def best performance all season. Heracles to their credit tried to play football the whole game and never resorted to hard man tactics. A special mention to their goalkeeper, Pasveer, who I though had a great game.

Looking good for coming weeks and with players coming back into contention from injury etc it will be interesting to see who will be left out.

PS Blind3, thoughts are with you at this time and hope all bodes well in future
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma apr 02, 2012 4:24 am

Ayman, BlueDaddy19, and JamCocteau...THANK YOU !!! Ajax will certainly have earned the title if it ends up in Amsterdam. Away fixtures at Heerenveen , Twente , and Vitesse will require max effort and concentration . Our home schedule (Groningen , Venlo , and De Graafschap) looks decidedly easier .
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma apr 02, 2012 8:48 am

The way Frank De Boer has been monitoring the whole thing so far, in spite of all the injuries, is just brilliant.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 02, 2012 9:23 am

Blind3 schreef:If it's April, it's gotta be AJAX !!!
It continues to puzzle me...

Why are we always shit in November/December and great in March/April...?

Why?

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Just to clarify yes Toby and Jan are Belgium although I would imagine they would describe themselves as Flemish first . Although they are foreign players I just think signing flemish players are a little different from all other foreign signings as they do basically speak the same language and they do come from just over the border and about 100 miles away. One or 2 of our Belgiums actually come from Kapellen which is about 5 mins drive from Netherlands .

Until we signed our 3 Danish lads for quite a few years our idea of signing foreigners was to drive down to Antwerp and sign the likes of de Mul, V Damme, Vermaelen, Jan and Toby
and Matt Rits.

To finish this subject PSV have just lost 2 young talents to Man u .They come from a town about 30 miles south that is basically Dutch speaking called Lommel . This is about 5 miles inside Belgium and the 2 kids are thus foreigners .

Right I better not dwell on this subject but just repeat that we are now top of the table with players mainly from our youth academy and this will continue as those in charge are putting the emphasise on our youth academy kids.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 02, 2012 8:29 pm

jamcocteau schreef:
SPL schreef:2 come from Antwerp but I do not count Flemish as real foreign . Blimey they basically speak Dutch there and Antwerp is on the border.
Apologies for picking up on a small point but they are Belgian - end of story.

I was born in a part of Scotland which extends further south than parts of the border with England and I speak English but I certainly am not English and would never wish to be considered as such either and would be greatly insulted to be called that. Both Jan and Toby are Belgian born and bred not Dutch and never will be either.
What counts is: they're Ajax youths, not purchases. Both came to Amsterdam at a very young, coming from the youth system of Germinal Beerschot Antwerp, which was Ajax's Belgian branch at the time. He

Same goes for Enoh (Ajax Cape Town). Ajax academy, totally and completely.

K.
Still alive...

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » ma apr 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Can't agree with you on Enoh. Played in Cameroon till 2006, went to Cyprus for a year and then to Ajax CT. Played there for one season and then came to us. Nowhere near an Ajax-product.

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » di apr 03, 2012 1:30 am

Haven't been around much due to other distractions but blimey! Deja vu!

From out of nowhere, we're in pole position to win the title.

I actually don't mind us continuing to do this in the coming years, just appear from out of nowhere and grind out wins (mind you this was no grind) taking us towards the title!

Proud to be Ajacied! :ajaxscarf.gif:
AJACIED

Plaats reactie