18 Sep 2011: PSV - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

souras84

Re: 18 Sep 2011: PSV - Ajax

Bericht door souras84 » zo sep 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Benji schreef:Blind is terrible, such a liability...
And you have Danny as a pic!!! Hahaha
May the Force be with you

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » zo sep 18, 2011 1:38 pm

souras84 schreef:
That's because of the champagne, inside joke here on the forum :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo sep 18, 2011 1:38 pm

ESPN feed is down, did it end up 2-2????
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo sep 18, 2011 1:38 pm

Aaah shit, I don't konw Dutch

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo sep 18, 2011 1:38 pm

Hmm, well, that could've gone either way at the end, but I'll take a point.

When are we going to beat those dirty bastards?

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » zo sep 18, 2011 1:39 pm

:ajaxscarf.gif: :blub.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif: We did it we pulled of a result out of eindhoven!!! GO HOME IN YOUR TRACTORS BOEREN!
Godenzonen

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo sep 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Disappointing to only come away with a tie but considering how lousy we played we can consider ourselves lucky. Something in the setup and game strategy really needs to change.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo sep 18, 2011 1:41 pm

We must solve "THE MIDDLE RIDDLE"

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » zo sep 18, 2011 1:44 pm

What we needed today was a proper right winger, we could have exploited a lot space in psv's left flank. We've seen worst results in light bulb city so this is not so bad.
Godenzonen

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » zo sep 18, 2011 1:46 pm

That's an acceptable result considering all that mess and injuries.

Hope that PSV keeper is ok.

We need Boilesen or Anita to recover for our next league game. Daley Blind just doesn't belong there. He may be good enough for Groningen not for Ajax.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo sep 18, 2011 1:47 pm

paladinby schreef:That's an acceptable result considering all that mess and injuries.

We need Boilesen or Anita to recover for our next league game. Daley Blind just doesn't belong there. He may be good enough for Groningen not for Ajax.
So winter transfers and we're talkin about 2 defenders???

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo sep 18, 2011 1:47 pm

most of you have summed it up, a good point in the end but what a dirty lot they are and why so few yellows.Strootman seemed to foul every time he touched the ball.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo sep 18, 2011 1:52 pm

We steal points in a poorly officiated (and poorly played by Ajax) match. I haven't seen so much hacking go uncarded in a Dutch match in some time. Vermeer is the MOTM coming up big when the defense utterly failed him. Sulejmani was sorely missed in this match as it forced a makeshift lineup and forcing Eriksen to go out on the right wing on a number of occasions. Other than the obstruction call (which is given every time), van der Wiel had a good match and was the prime outlet down the right side. Alderweireld and Vertonghen were sound even as the midfield and the left flank (once Blind had to come into the match) were constantly being overrun. Boilesen was OK until he had to be stretchered off and is probably out for a good bit of time. Anita did well after moving over but was caught by surprise in the opening 10 minutes by the high PSV pressure. Janssen is static and a liability on the field. de Jong had his usual non-event match. Eriksen is the lone midfielder with any ball skills and gets overplayed by the opposition limiting his talent; had a nice opportunity to score near the end. Enoh was decent enough coming on and only committed one tacky foul (unusual for him). Boerrigter had the responsibility in the absence of Mickey of carrying most of the attack which seemed centered down the left side but was pretty well contained. Sigthorsson and Bulykin both got goals when they were needed. I have no comment on Blind who really shouldn't be on the squad.

FdB really has to figure out what to do with the midfield. The trio of de Jong, Janssen and Eriksen does not work as Eriksen has no help at all and gets overplayed. There needs to be another on the ball quick player out there. It is time to give Lodeiro a chance to see what he can do otherwise it's a waste of money to keep him around.

I hope Anita's knock is only minor and that Boilesen makes as quick a recovery as Van der Vaart did.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo sep 18, 2011 2:07 pm

usual good summary by oranje ,glad to say I did see the same game. Was thinking at the end Vermeer had a great game. The midfield is the problem except Eriksen .I am not a fan of Siem starting but Janssen has not impress me very much up until now

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » zo sep 18, 2011 2:09 pm

souras84 schreef:
paladinby schreef:That's an acceptable result considering all that mess and injuries.

So winter transfers and we're talkin about 2 defenders???
People on these boards were talking about 2 new defenders during summer - we need a CB backup (I don't want to see Ooijer or Blind playing in CL at all) and a real left back - Boilesen alone is probably not enough in long-term, there's still Anita as an option but still. Nothing has changed since that time.

On positive - Enoh looked well. His passing was accurate, he made some good tackles and timely fouls.

Looked at yellow cards - 3 for us, 1 for PASSV. I am not sure why refs allow dirty playing against Ajax go unpunished.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo sep 18, 2011 3:20 pm

paladinby schreef: Looked at yellow cards - 3 for us, 1 for PASSV. I am not sure why refs allow dirty playing against Ajax go unpunished.
It's par for the course with Eredivisie match officials. Terribly inconsistent and usually tend to favor the home side (worst place to play is at Feyenoord where the officials are intimidated from the time they step out on the pitch).

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo sep 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Benji schreef:
souras84 schreef:
That's because of the champagne, inside joke here on the forum :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Hope he's not going home from this picture by car (hic) :blush.gif:

Not too unhappy with the result all things considered. I got up, put the washing on, cooked pasta for everyone else in the house and then sat down with my Pringles and Heineken for an 11.30 start so by 11.35 I was just a little disappointed. PSV are just a little bit dirty aren't they - hope their keeper is OK though, that looked nasty.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » zo sep 18, 2011 3:56 pm

again, kevin strootman = Mark Van Bommel.
Godenzonen

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo sep 18, 2011 4:30 pm

:ajaxscarf.gif: HUP AJAX !!!!!!!!!!!! Ecstatic for the result . Always going to be a very difficult fixture. Get well soon Boilesen and Anita . PLEASE GET WELL. Janssen , De Jong , and Eriksen may not be working well, but thankfully our off season striker buys are doing the business. Move on. Tukkers in Amsterdam next week.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo sep 18, 2011 4:44 pm

From Ajax F-Side :

Boilesen vier tot zes weken uitgeschakeld
18-09-11

Ajax moet het voorlopig doen zonder Nicolai Boilesen. De linksback heeft tegen psv een hamstringblessure opgelopen en is vier tot zes weken uitgeschakeld. Uit onderzoek is gebleken dat Boilesen een scheurtje in zijn hamstring opgelopen heeft, meldde Frank de Boer na de wedstrijd.
AjaxF-side.NL
Behalve Boilesen vielen ook Vurnon Anita en Kolbeinn Sigthórsson geblesseerd uit. "Anita heeft een kneuzing bij zijn enkel. Sigthórsson klaagde ook over een spierblessure. Ik wilde geen risico met hem nemen, ook omdat ik Bulykin nog op de bank had zitten", zei De Boer na afloop tegenover De Telegraaf.

Tekst: Voetbalprimeur.nl
AjaxF-side.NL

TRANSLATOR:

Boilesen four to six weeks off
09/11/18

Ajax without the preliminary Boilesen Nicolai. The left back has a hamstring injury suffered against PSV and four to six weeks off. Research has shown that Boilesen a tear in his hamstring has suffered, said Frank de Boer after the game.
AjaxF-side.NL
Besides Boilesen Vurnon were also injured from Anita and Kolbeinn Sigthórsson. "Anita has a bruise on his ankle. Sigthórsson also complained of a muscle injury. I did not take risks with him, because I still Bulykin had been on the bench," said De Boer at the end to De Telegraaf.

Text: Voetbalprimeur.nl
AjaxF-side.NL

I hope this isn't 4-6 weeks of Blind at LB . GET WELL SOON NICOLAI
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo sep 18, 2011 6:09 pm

This is from the Radio Netherlands Worldwide site (http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/psv- ... eague-duel).

"Goalkeeper Przemyslaw Tyton suffered a serious concussion during today's Premier League home match against Ajax.

Half an hour into play he collided with team mate Timothy Derijck and remained unconscious for some time. He was taken to the neurology department at Eindhoven hospital and is being kept there for observation. A scan of his skull and neck showed no fractures.".

Glad that Tyton seems to be OK - life is much more important than this game.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo sep 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Glad Tyton will be okay. Football pales in importance to someones health . As for Ajax ,

A translation, crappy though it is, of an Ajax Life report :

Besides Boilesen Nicolai had to Kolbeinn Sigthórsson Vurnon and Anita forced put a stop to their actions during PSV - Ajax. Sigthórsson dropped into the second half because he suffered was changing from a muscle injury. Frank de Boer also wanted to take no risks. Anita also had to go to the side, he bruised his ankle. Daley Blind was larger in the closing stages of the third left back in the afternoon.

I kept looking for the word LIABILITY . As in "Daley Blind was larger LIABILITY ", etc... , but didn't find it.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo sep 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Agree about Daley but it was Greg who gave away the points ,what was he trying to do. Glad Tyton is going to be ok. As for the other PSV players what a dirty shower.They made Enoh and Janssen look like choirboys in comparison. Well our 2 are not perfect but I hope you get my drift.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo sep 18, 2011 7:25 pm

FdB was quoted in de Telegraaf that it was not a penalty on van der Wiel but should have been a free kick. I don't think he saw the replay as it looked like Mertens was in the box. That one is always a tough call in terms of when it is obstruction and when the defender has the right to the position. In this case, I don't think Greg's feet were set and he moved into Mertens. It was a lame penalty by Wynaljdum and if Vermeer had just held his position rather than diving he would have made an easy save (there is an interesting chapter in Soccernomics by Kuper and Szymanski on this topic which points out that keepers have a better chance of making a save by assuming the kick will come to the middle and with a young penalty taker who is afraid of shooting wide this is usually what happens; I was surprised that Toivenen was not selected).

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » zo sep 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Orange14 schreef:FdB was quoted in de Telegraaf that it was not a penalty on van der Wiel but should have been a free kick. I don't think he saw the replay as it looked like Mertens was in the box. That one is always a tough call in terms of when it is obstruction and when the defender has the right to the position. In this case, I don't think Greg's feet were set and he moved into Mertens. It was a lame penalty by Wynaljdum and if Vermeer had just held his position rather than diving he would have made an easy save (there is an interesting chapter in Soccernomics by Kuper and Szymanski on this topic which points out that keepers have a better chance of making a save by assuming the kick will come to the middle and with a young penalty taker who is afraid of shooting wide this is usually what happens; I was surprised that Toivenen was not selected).
It was a bad challenge, he should be smart not enough to even risk it at this point.

My other thoughts (what others have mostly said): Blind and de Jong still don't belong, even as reserves. Even though Greg made his mistake today, we need someone at least as capable on the left side, Anita works, but he seems more effective in midfield. I think Sulejmani would have provided a lot today and we missed him. PSV was a bit dirty, but we have to be prepared for that. Janssen should play as an attacking midfielder, it's almost as if we are a man down with where he and de Jong are playing. Boerrigter played most of the match 2 on 1 and had little support. We really miss a class difference maker somewhere, like Suarez (and at times el Hamdaoui) were. Defense is fairly solid (Eredivisie-wise), but I think we're in for more games like this the rest of the season as we'll allow soft goals and struggle to finish.

:ajax.gif:
AFCA

Plaats reactie