17 Feb 2011: RSC Anderlecht - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: 17 Feb 2011: RSC Anderlecht - Ajax

Bericht door SPL » do feb 17, 2011 8:56 pm

A much better second half. 2 well taken goals but the penalty miss was the turning point . A good
experience for our very young team

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do feb 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Orange14 schreef:Bonehead defending by Enoh conceding a penalty kick. Wow, that was one of the worst penalty misses I've ever seen; not even close.
Dunno, that was a pretty marginal call, imo.

Besides that, the second half had a lot more good than bad to it. We attacked at every opportunity and when it worked you got the sense that this team is getting closer to where it should be. I'm beginning to think that our offense should consist primarily of getting the ball to Eriksen. I'm beginning to develop a bit of a crush on that kid.

We still have some worries at right and left back, but all in all, the second half was a pleasing half of football indeed.
Imagine seeing an Italian team take a three-goal lead into the 85th minute and continuing to attack. Not gonna happen. Watching Ajax continue to play aggressively to the end was liberating.

All in all, going on the road in a European knockout fixture and coming out with a clean sheet and three goals is more than any team could expect, even if we had a little bit of luck on our side.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Jojo

Bericht door Jojo » do feb 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Big 3 - 0 win, this will do. :smile-ajax.gif:

Best thing in the match were Ajax fans, i almost forgot this was an away game - :yourock.gif:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do feb 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Just back from the game.

Sitting in the Anderlecht crowd just to the right of the Ajax fans ... they were great.

First half could have gone either way; both sides had enough chances.
Second half they had to push forward in search of an equalizer, and with the space the second and third we kinda inevitable.

El Ham is totally useless (except the goal). He has little technique, no left foot, and wandered all over the pitch breaking up Ajax moves where ever he went.

:ajaxscarf.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » vr feb 18, 2011 2:43 am

Not bad for a young team that just sold their best player with no replacement! I thought that our forwards were great, with the exception of El Ham. He is too slow but he can score goals. He would score twice as many if he could run better.

Skeks came up big when he had to. I thought that Toby had a really strong game. He deserves more spotlight than he gets as compared to Greg and Verthongen. We had a little luck but overall, I thought we were the better team.

Big shout out to the Ajax away fans! You guys were awesome. Could hear you loud and clear. :biggthumpup.gif:

Thanks for coming out Anderlecht! Better luck next year! No chance at the the Arena with 3 away goals! :headbang.gif:

The Purple Cow Again

Bericht door The Purple Cow Again » vr feb 18, 2011 1:04 pm

I was trying my best to watch on a stuttering jerky feed, but I kept getting interrupted by friends and family phoning and knocking on the door, to celebrate my birthday. I wanted to tell 'em to fuck off and leave me alone, but that would have been a trifle churlish I suppose.

Anyway, what I did see was a decent performance going forward with all the usual problems at the back, but fair do's it was a startlingly good result.

I saw a quote from Roda's coach last week, "Ajax are third in their league for a reason and Anderlecht are first in theirs for a reason." Yeah well, be that as it may buddy, but we still kicked their ass. Maybe instead of predicting football outcomes he should run outside and try and find a government.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr feb 18, 2011 10:28 pm

The Purple Cow Again schreef:I was trying my best to watch on a stuttering jerky feed, but I kept getting interrupted by friends and family phoning and knocking on the door, to celebrate my birthday. I wanted to tell 'em to fuck off and leave me alone, but that would have been a trifle churlish I suppose.
Belated Happy Birthday!
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Pride of Amsterdam
AT Toto Admin

Bericht door Pride of Amsterdam » za feb 19, 2011 1:33 am

Op naar de vierde ster!

Pride of Amsterdam
AT Toto Admin

Bericht door Pride of Amsterdam » do feb 24, 2011 10:05 am

Found a nice summary of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP4fzwNWEQ0
Op naar de vierde ster!

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do feb 24, 2011 10:25 am

Feel a 1-0 defeat coming on for us tonight.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Plaats reactie