13 Feb 2011: Roda JC - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: 13 Feb 2011: Roda JC - Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 13, 2011 4:19 pm

We needed Luis to take the spot kick! :confused.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo feb 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Wow!! Fuck you El H. Really.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo feb 13, 2011 4:19 pm

ohhhhhhhhh man

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo feb 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Why let a guy who had a totally shit game all day take the most important kick of the match? Why was he still even on the field???

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo feb 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Well, I though maybe we could catch up three points on either Twente or PSV and get second. But I can't see us doing 5.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo feb 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Fuck that. What a frustrating game.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo feb 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Even 3rd might be optimistic.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Mentally this team is really weak (look at Twente which does not have anywhere near the talent but manages to win all the tight matches). We were killed in the midfield once again. This is the first time in a while that we had the wrong end of the ball possession statistics. I think at one point in the second half it was 59-41% in favor of Roda. de Zeeuw was nothing and Enoh not much better. If our two holding midfielders can't hold they should not be playing. As much as Lindgren is physically limited, he at least thinks when he is out on the field. It is really hard to pick a MOTM for us today; I guess it needs to go to de Jong by default as he had the least bad match, getting a goal and making to great stops at our goal line to prevent the second goal early on after the half started. I'm surprised that Eriksen doesn't do better relative to the match he had for his NT at midweek.

Despite the overall poor play we had a couple of chances to go up 3-1 and could not convert. I think this marks the end of our aspirations and maybe de Boer can start to figure out what he needs for next year.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo feb 13, 2011 4:34 pm

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

What a give away!!! Why didn't anyone come in for EH....we don't need shit like that!! Can't score from 12 yards!!!! :nooo.gif: :wow.gif:

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo feb 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Well fuck that. Our midfield got overrun completely. I don't see a solution to that this season. Maybe Anita in midfield but we couldn't do that today.

We had 2-3 chances to get the 3rd but just couldn't convert. We CANNOT have El H and De Jong on the pitch together. They totally kill our speed.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Amol schreef:Our midfield got overrun completely. I don't see a solution to that this season. Maybe Anita in midfield but we couldn't do that today.
100% agree. Mentally both de Zeeuw and Anita are weak players. I was impressed with Anita going forward today and suspect that he's going to be slotted in the midfield. I would prefer to see Lindgren out there despite his physical limitations than our two starters today.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 13, 2011 7:06 pm

Been away for the weekend and only just come back . Having read all the above posts 2-0 up and then missing a penalty I quess there is nothing to say . I think we are going to have to do well to finish 2nd but then again all the results went our way last week . We have to beat PSV to get back into the race.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo feb 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Confused here - on other threads we all seem to agree that we are a poor team by Ajax standards and then all of a sudden on a Sunday afternoon in mid-February we appear to get really upset because guess what ...........our play equates exactly to a team that is poor.

Lads just accept it that the class of 2010/11 is a poor team and get over it and look forward to better times in the coming years.

Hup Ajax :ajaxscarf.gif:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Our friends at 11 tegen 11 are quick with an analysis of the match: http://11tegen11.wordpress.com/2011/02/ ... come-back/ We did get overrun in the midfield and couldn't figure out a solution.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 13, 2011 10:21 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Confused here - on other threads we all seem to agree that we are a poor team by Ajax standards and then all of a sudden on a Sunday afternoon in mid-February we appear to get really upset because guess what ...........our play equates exactly to a team that is poor.

Lads just accept it that the class of 2010/11 is a poor team and get over it and look forward to better times in the coming years.
There is some truth in what you're saying (of course there is; you're a wise man), but what upsets me is the difference between the first half and the second. How can we be firmly in control for 45 minutes... and then collapse completely? That puzzles me. Freaks me out (for ten minutes or so - and then I move on to something that makes me happy, or something that doesn't necessarily make me happy but must be done anyway).

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma feb 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef:Confused here - on other threads we all seem to agree that we are a poor team by Ajax standards and then all of a sudden on a Sunday afternoon in mid-February we appear to get really upset because guess what ...........our play equates exactly to a team that is poor.

There is some truth in what you're saying (of course there is; you're a wise man), but what upsets me is the difference between the first half and the second. How can we be firmly in control for 45 minutes... and then collapse completely? That puzzles me. Freaks me out (for ten minutes or so - and then I move on to something that makes me happy, or something that doesn't necessarily make me happy but must be done anyway).

K.
A similar thing happened on Saturday. I went to the Northampton Saints vs Saracens premiership rugby game not expecting a win or much at all as Saints were missing 7 first team players (4 playing for England, 1 for Scotland and 2 injured). Well for 30 minutes Saints played really well and were leading 10-3 when Saracens had 2 players sin-binned for 10 minutes each. Well at this point you would expect at least another 10 to 14 points to be racked up. But what happened Saracens took total and utter control and it was them that racked up the points. Saints then didn't turn up for the second-half at all. It was totally bizarre and frustrating to watch. It just goes to show that any game that involves human beings can be so random.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma feb 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef: Saints then didn't turn up for the second-half at all. It was totally bizarre and frustrating to watch. It just goes to show that any game that involves human beings can be so random.
The mental side of the game is so important. IMO this is the one area that we have been deficient in over the past several seasons (and Twente clearly superior). Raw talent alone does not win matches.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma feb 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef: Saints then didn't turn up for the second-half at all. It was totally bizarre and frustrating to watch. It just goes to show that any game that involves human beings can be so random.
The mental side of the game is so important. IMO this is the one area that we have been deficient in over the past several seasons (and Twente clearly superior). Raw talent alone does not win matches.
Totally agree with you on that Orange 14.

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » ma feb 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Hup Ajax :ajaxscarf.gif:
Exactly. Stuck in the mud for years. But the future could be a whole lot brighter now that Cruyff appears to be back on board. Good things happened this season. Just not on the pitch.

Plaats reactie