04 Dec 2010: Ajax - NEC

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Philippe
Contacteer:

Re: 04 Dec 2010: Ajax - NEC

Bericht door Philippe » za dec 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Jol must go. He had all the cards in hand at the beginning of the season, and he failed. The sooner will be the better.
Appie, stay strong !

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » za dec 04, 2010 8:54 pm

yeah he lost the ball a bit but wingers will, dribblers especially, I bet if you look at C Ronaldo he has some turnovers as well as an assist.

Realistic: Pass
Available: Rijkaard, Leonardo, Klinsmann, Phil Brown (yes i chuckled as i wrote that one)
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 04, 2010 9:05 pm

PSV and Twente both are leading in their matches. Looks like more dropped points today. :aai.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Another poor performance except Steks who is always our best player .Mido took his goal very well but then oh dear . Jol should be sacked now as he has lost the plot imo ie he puts a different system and midfield out each game . And whatever he does we play crap.

On tonights form Milan will thrash us and I can see Fword getting a point in 2 weeks time with their bunch of kids .This team wont win the title .

Blind and de Boer should take over unless Rijkaard wants to take over.

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » za dec 04, 2010 9:18 pm

whoever takes over will still inherit our over paid, under talented, under acheiving squad, big changes are needed starting with manager then players. thank god the windows open soon... hopefully we're busy

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 04, 2010 9:30 pm

filipus23 schreef:whoever takes over will still inherit our over paid, under talented, under acheiving squad, big changes are needed starting with manager then players. thank god the windows open soon... hopefully we're busy
There is no money to buy players unless we sell. Remember we have several underperforming loan players coming back as well. As SPL noted on another thread we will have 30 first team players in January when Silva and Cvitanich return and Atouba returns from injury. We are going to have play with those we have minus those who are sold in January (if anyone wants to pay any money for one of our players). We will also have to deal with the remainder of Jol's contract as well unless he somehow finds another team to manage in January (though I suspect other clubs will look closely at his performance here and he may not have any options).

The most disappointing thing to me is that Jol seems not to have any idea that he is doing something wrong. Look at how we get the ball up field (or more usually don't). Vertonghen is the only player that can reliably bring the ball up and make a pass to a midfielder. Unfortunately we don't have any midfielders who can move to the ball and do something with it. Today we were really in a 4-2-4 for the most part with no center mid to accept a pass and distribute it. If our two central defenders are pressed like today, Steks kicks the ball upfield in the English old style (even in England this really isn't used much any longer). Our two fullbacks are in never never land and can't get a pass and would any keeper want to pass to Enoh or de Zeeuw for fear the ball will be coming right back at him because of a give away? Of course not which is why the ball is kicked up field; less chance of damage. I'm baffled at how bad de Zeeuw is playing and Enoh seems to have regressed as well. Eriksen has some ability on the ball but is not featured. There are so many things wrong with this team (on the other hand, maybe the players are sick and tired of Jol and are lying down on the job - that's too horrible to think of).

I don't hold much hope out for this team at this point and I think any potential new manager will think twice about coming aboard in January. A fifth place finish is not out of the question this season.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » za dec 04, 2010 9:49 pm

I agree with the fact that when there is nowhere to pass to you limit damage by kicking it upfield for a percentage ball and It is baffling how Demy is playing and how Enoh looks like a rough kid again also i think Moonie looks tired.

As far as the returnng players etc. I am fully aware we have no money i was more looking towards a big sale of 1 or 2, hopefully more of our players to shuffle around the squad, i also know that if we lose 1 or 2 its not going to be the Atouba's or the Silva's it will be Vertonghen, Greg or Suarez. Which although very unfortunate might have to be done for the good of the club. With Cvitanich, when he played under MvB he scored goals, so i wouldn't be adverse to him getting another chance.

I honestly think some of the players are giving up on Jol, they look lost at times. I for one don't want a Fifth place finish and i understand that managers are not going to want to come with the club in a state, but it takes someone to come and be ballsy, lift the spitits, grind out some results (ugly if need be) finish in a decent league position and look to build... again.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 05, 2010 9:13 am

Fucking hell, this was seriously bad.

Again.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » zo dec 05, 2010 11:04 am

SPL schreef: Blind and de Boer should take over unless Rijkaard wants to take over.
Yes ! And the sooner the better !
Appie, stay strong !

The Purple Cow Again

Bericht door The Purple Cow Again » zo dec 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Please God, not Danny Blind. Have we forgotten what a disaster he was last time? Aside from his strategic and tactical failures, he brought some of the worst Ajax players I have ever seen into our club. This season was always going to be a catastrophy after the committee refused to allow Jol to join Fulham, that sent the wrong message to the players.

I don't think Rijkaard is a great manager, but he would appear to be the best of a mediocre bunch of candidates. We need to make the change soon, if we don't qualify for the Europa League next year it could lead to a financial meltdown.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo dec 05, 2010 3:07 pm

Van Gaal is likely to be available sooner rather than later given the league meltdown that Bayern are experiencing. They are 14 points behind Dortmund though I expect they will gain a CL spot (which could be easier this season if they pick up Italy's fourth berth because of coefficient points). We all know he won't take the job, nor do I think any sane manager will either given the vipers nest this club has turned into with a dysfunctional board and a group of players who are rudderless. Whether Blind has learned anything since his brief managerial tenure is unknown. What is known is that he stuck with the club and that ought to count for something (maybe a solitary €; I don't exactly know). :confused.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 05, 2010 3:08 pm

I was thinking of de Boer being in charge with Danny as his assistant and also Bergkamp as assistant.
My reasoning is lets give youth a chance as we are going to rebuild with several players leaving for bigger leagues and others are no better than what we produce. Bringing in expensive players has won us nothing and we are going to have to rebuild again with the accent on youth thus I think Frank de Boer would do a good job..
Last night I watched Goossens and Will both play well and we let them go but they are certainly as good as anything we have at present. I do not want to see Eriksen, Blind, Bonevacia etc go the same way.

Ajax made a big mistake this summer in not letting Jol go. He clearly wants to be back in England and not be here . He keeps on about wanting to spend money as the squad isn't good enough and is now undermining the youngsters ie he does not appear to have great faith in Toby and Eriksen plus Daley . What is worrying is that all bar Boilesen of our Jong sqaud have contracts running out next summer but so far Bonevacia, Jozefzoon, Sneijder, VRhijn, Ozbilz and Zeegelaar have not renewed. Will any of them want to stay with Jol in charge?? I am not saying they will all make it though .

I really cannot see us winning 15 and drawing 2 of our remaining games like last season .

What do are friends on the dutch speaking site think about Jol do most want him out or what?

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » zo dec 05, 2010 7:14 pm

The Purple Cow Again schreef:Please God, not Danny Blind. Have we forgotten what a disaster he was last time? Aside from his strategic and tactical failures
Blind did not have half of the potential Jol can enjoy in terms of players, but he could get from them the best they could.
Appie, stay strong !

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo dec 05, 2010 11:38 pm

filipus23 schreef:With Cvitanich, when he played under MvB he scored goals, so i wouldn't be adverse to him getting another chance.

he is also quite capable of playing as "the #10" and providing a few ideas for the forwards until lodeiro is fit

cvitanich actually could be a piece to help turn this around
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma dec 06, 2010 7:25 pm

philippe schreef: Blind did not have half of the potential Jol can enjoy in terms of players
It wasn't that bad if a player like Escudé was deemed surplus to requirement. :hypocrite.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

The Purple Cow Again

Bericht door The Purple Cow Again » ma dec 06, 2010 11:53 pm

When Blind was in charge of player acquisitions he brought some shockingly poor players and let some good ones leave. He's just not a good judge of a footballer.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di dec 07, 2010 12:43 am

The Purple Cow Again schreef:When Blind was in charge of player acquisitions he brought some shockingly poor players and let some good ones leave. He's just not a good judge of a footballer.
Has that not been the case with any coach over the last 10 years though?
AFCA

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr dec 10, 2010 7:39 pm

The Purple Cow Again schreef:When Blind was in charge of player acquisitions he brought some shockingly poor players and let some good ones leave. He's just not a good judge of a footballer.
This is my biggest worry about Blind. If I recall correctly, he let Escude go. I'd like to think that he's a lot better tactically than he was in his first go-around since he has a lot more experience, but I have no idea if his ability to judge talent is any better.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Plaats reactie