23 Nov 2010 : Ajax - Real Madrid CF

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: 23 Nov 2010 : Ajax - Real Madrid CF

Bericht door Orange14 » do nov 25, 2010 2:29 pm

The Purple Cow Again schreef:There can be no such legislation Philippe, because to legislate in any of those areas would violate E.U. laws in the fields of competition and the free-flow of capital and labour.
It's not so much that issue but one of clubs funding salaries via deficit financing and other funny balance sheet business. A fantastic resource for finding out a lot of what is going on is the The Swissramble blog: http://swissramble.blogspot.com/ I posted this a week or so ago when he wrote about the problems with Ajax. This week he discusses Bolton who currently have a £93 M debt! Most of it is owed to the owner who keeps funding the club. If you read the article you find that they really are in deep and only the owner and the television revenue is keeping them afloat. Sure the EU has laws that govern competition, etc. but remember not every country in UEFA is governed by the EU laws and regulations. I don't know whether Platini will succeed in making CL football participation conditional on a clean balance sheet; I suspect the big clubs will see to it one way or another that he does not. While my heart and passion are always going to be with Ajax, I am under no illusions that we will ever see a repeat of the Van Gaal success. We will always need to sell players to keep the balance sheet clean and that's just the way it is.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do nov 25, 2010 2:42 pm

The Purple Cow Again schreef:There can be no such legislation Philippe, because to legislate in any of those areas would violate E.U. laws in the fields of competition and the free-flow of capital and labour.
Someday we'll change those bloody E.U. laws.... :whatsthat.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do nov 25, 2010 5:04 pm

UEFA have announced the formal opening of a disciplinary case against Madrid for the game end antics. See: http://en.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/m ... 69463.html Mentioned are both keepers, Morinho, and both of the red card recipients (Alonso and Ramos). Decision is expected on November 30. I wonder if this will lead to Morinho pulling some funny business in their final match against Auxerre. Europa League football is only a certainty if we beat Milan!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do nov 25, 2010 6:23 pm

UEFA has confirmed that a disciplinary case has been opened against Real Madrid CF for the improper conduct of coach José Mourinho and players Xabi Alonso, Sergio Ramos, Iker Casillas and Jerzy Dudek during the UEFA Champions League Group G match against AFC Ajax in Amsterdam on Tuesday.

why Casillas and Dudek ?
Appie, stay strong !

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » do nov 25, 2010 6:27 pm

philippe schreef:UEFA has confirmed that a disciplinary case has been opened against Real Madrid CF for the improper conduct of coach José Mourinho and players Xabi Alonso, Sergio Ramos, Iker Casillas and Jerzy Dudek during the UEFA Champions League Group G match against AFC Ajax in Amsterdam on Tuesday.

why Casillas and Dudek ?
Mourinho told his instructions to Dudek, Dudek to Casillas and Casillas to both field players... :drecul.gif:

A 3 game ban for everyone involved would be nice i think.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do nov 25, 2010 9:20 pm

I'd rather force them all to play the Auxerre game . :biggrin.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do nov 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Orange14 schreef:
I am under no illusions that we will ever see a repeat of the Van Gaal success. We will always need to sell players to keep the balance sheet clean and that's just the way it is.
That is what they all said when the great 70's team broke up. Then they said it again after the 80's side broke up. Ajax will rise again - just keep the faith and be patient
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di nov 30, 2010 8:34 pm

Pretty gutless decision by UEFA on the Red cards. Monetary fines and a one match suspension for Morinho. No extra match suspensions for the players. I wouldn't be surprised if Madrid throw the match to Auxerre.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo dec 01, 2010 10:12 am

Orange14 schreef:Pretty gutless decision by UEFA on the Red cards. Monetary fines and a one match suspension for Morinho. No extra match suspensions for the players. I wouldn't be surprised if Madrid throw the match to Auxerre.
Agree. They will.
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie