afcajax73
Contacteer:

Re: Miralem Sulejmani

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo aug 29, 2012 12:09 pm

The only team stupid enough to buy him right now is us... :drecul.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo sep 30, 2012 2:27 pm

he has torn his ankle ligaments in training and is out for months,not sure how many but wont play again this year. Bad news for him and us. I had hoped that as he is not renewing his contract we could get a bit of money for him in the winter transfer break but this wont now happen.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo sep 30, 2012 4:34 pm

The only thing I saw on AN in addition to what SPL said is : The winger will not be operated. His recovery in the coming months, through rehabilitation, rather than at Ajax
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo sep 30, 2012 11:07 pm

His story is getting sadder as we go... It's very unfortunate
May the Force be with you

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo sep 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Very unfortunate? No... the guy has been performing like a bag of shit for years. Nothing else. And did not mind living like a sportsman for years.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 01, 2012 2:48 pm

I agree with Cruijff here.

It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't play for Ajax again. That would be a fitting apotheosis to an absolute and utter disaster of an Ajax career. As I wrote in his Dutch thread: as a football player he's not as much of a joke as Gabrich, Urzaiz or Atouba, but if there was a mathematical formula to calculate something like a 'bad buy co-efficient' based on achievement, playing time, transfer fee and potential - he would surely be Ajax's worst buy ever.

And the worst thing is: he never gave me the impression that he really, really wanted it. He never lived the life of a professional athlete that wanted to succeed.

I hate that. This injury is sad enough, but I'm totally fed up with this chap. End of story, as far as I'm concerned.

K.
Still alive...

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di okt 02, 2012 9:53 am

I still feel sorry for him in regards to the injury, despite the fact that I have hated seeing him in an Ajax shirt for at least three seasons. In fact, I was about to get on my high horse about Cruijff and Ko's lack of sympathy for a fellow human being etc., but then I remembered how much I would like Christiano Ronaldo to break his leg...

:smallgrin.gif:

Maybe Marco van Basten can repent for his mistake—i.e. buying him in the first place—and buy him again?

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di okt 02, 2012 10:06 am

The injury seems not so bad. He is quoted saiying that the recovery could take weeks, not months.
And that he is open to extend.
Oh well. Wait a minute on this one, Mickey.
O tempora o mores

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do okt 18, 2012 2:56 pm

He played for Serbia?!?!! And now he is back training? What's with that?

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do okt 18, 2012 4:01 pm

souras84 schreef:He played for Serbia?!?!! And now he is back training? What's with that?
You're not the only one surprised...
FdB is quoted in de Telegraaf as saying "Did he really play?" and "That's a big surprise."

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetb ... tje__.html
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do okt 18, 2012 4:19 pm

What the F*** happened here?

He was injured, right? And then he suddenly came on for Serbia... Without speaking to Ajax first, about the possibility of returning to action...

Frank de Boer didn't know...?

What puzzles me... Frank de Boer didn't know (apparently), but someone at Ajax must have known that he was formally picked for the Serbia squad. That's on paper, somewhere, and someone at Ajax must have granted formal permission in some way. There must have been some kind of formal approval from Ajax, 'cos that's how it works.

So, some person at Ajax knew that Sulejmani was picked for Serbia, but did not inform De Boer...?

This is weird.

The club looks pretty silly here, that's for sure, but that's a detail. Sulejmani doesn't exactly shine here, does he? This is sneaky to say the very least and Ajax should take disciplinary action.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do okt 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Maybe the Serbian federation would fancy buying him ? :excited.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do okt 18, 2012 6:18 pm

More amazing is that they sat a number of their top players on the bench and then lost to Macedonia 1-0. I think this pretty much puts an end to their WC hopes as they are six points behind joint leaders Belgium and Croatia.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do okt 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Orange14 schreef:More amazing is that they sat a number of their top players on the bench and then lost to Macedonia 1-0. I think this pretty much puts an end to their WC hopes as they are six points behind joint leaders Belgium and Croatia.
Anyone who is a football supporter, as I am, would definitely want Belgium in the WC14. The Serbs aren't on their old level nowdays. Plus, because I am Greek I wouldn't like to see FYROM or Skopje refered as Macedonia, which is completely wrong. Sorry for this outburst. :excited.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr okt 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Well he didn't make the game day squad for Heracles. Maybe he got tired out in his 16 minutes of play on Tuesday!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » di nov 20, 2012 7:02 pm

FdB said recently that he doesn't think that Sulejmani can bring anything more to the game than Lukoki or Sana and he's going to favor the younger guys for the sake of the future. I think he is right to do so. 16 million and he doesn't even get to the bench, what a waste.

We payed waaaay too much for him, but then again was that his fault? Why people are not more mad at he management and van Basten who made this horrible decision? You just don't pay that kind of money for a player that may be a great player someday. I think that decision even played some part in reducing him to the bag of shit he is today. I think he realised that he will never live up to the expectations of his price tag and that slowly ate a part of his confidence and motivation at Ajax. Still it did seem that he just gave up and there is no exuce for that. I will remember that he scored some nice and important goals and that he was a part of the team that brought us two titles in a row but yes, it is time to say goodbye.
"We're on a mission from God."

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do dec 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Saw a piece in de Telegraaf that Besiktas and Monchengladbach are interested in Sulejmani. Marc Overmars was quoted as saying that if either club wants him in January they will have to pay a transfer fee for him.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » vr dec 14, 2012 9:49 am

Next on the auction list: a mediocre ex talent with a slight weight problem. 200 000€ anyone anyone, no? 10€ anyone anyone?

It would be nice to get something back, but it's not going to be much. Then of course Suleijmani finds his passion again for football and scores a bunch of goals for Besiktas. Probably not going to happen.
"We're on a mission from God."

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr dec 14, 2012 2:25 pm

I think his salary is over €1M and this will probably decrease any possible transfer fee we ask for given the new team will probably have to assume 1/2 a season. Personally, I can't see this transfer happening because I don't think he will take a cut in wages which is the only way this really happens. He'll just play out the season and hope someone will take him on a free transfer this summer.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do feb 14, 2013 2:42 pm

Evidently he has agreed a contract with Benfica from the summer. I would just make him train with Jong Ajax but would not pick him again to play.Ideally we should just pay him off but Ajax have not done this in the last year or 2 with several other players who were in the last 5 months of their contract.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za feb 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Translation of article on AN :

In Portugal, the various media assumes that Miralem Sulejmani already signed with Benfica. This morning it was reported that the Serb an annual salary of 650,000 euros will earn the Portuguese club. That would be remarkable since he joined Ajax reportedly some 1.8 million deserves. Meanwhile, however, know Voetbal International reported that Benfica next season Filip Djuricic already recorded.

The agent of Sulejmani speaks against the reporting whatsoever. "The messages that Sulejmani a 5-year conttract signed are not correct. He is indeed a free transfer and is in the interest of six or seven clubs. He will eventually have access to the club that is best for their situation. There is still time to negotiate.

Six or seven clubs ? Which Saturday league sides put in bids ?
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Just wish some Russian side would come in for him this month as their transfer deadline lasts until then.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 12, 2013 5:58 pm

He's not really doing anything at the moment, is he?

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 16, 2013 11:46 am

We can finally close this thread. Sulejmani's contract has expired. He has joined Benfica.

Miralem Sulejmani is no longer an Ajax player. Let's just say that's good news for everyone involved.

Thread closed; Sulejmani comments in the Former Players thread, please.

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten