Miralem Sulejmani

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Miralem Sulejmani

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 06, 2010 10:58 am

This was always going to be his last chance season but clearly Jol has had enough and West Ham are paying his wages. He wont be under the same pressure at West Ham ,who are a mid table win nothing type of team . Expect him to be a sub alot .

If he does well we may get 8m euros max. If he is crap he will be off to Greece or Turkey for say 2m max.
Heerenveen are the only winners! Conned 16m out of us.At least our money went to another Dutch team.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr aug 06, 2010 12:39 pm

all we can hope for is that hes a massive success at westham and they want him for stupid money, but then comes the problem of not having any money..

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr aug 06, 2010 1:23 pm

SPL schreef:This was always going to be his last chance season but clearly Jol has had enough and West Ham are paying his wages. He wont be under the same pressure at West Ham ,who are a mid table win nothing type of team . Expect him to be a sub alot .

If he does well we may get 8m euros max. If he is crap he will be off to Greece or Turkey for say 2m max.
Heerenveen are the only winners! Conned 16m out of us.At least our money went to another Dutch team.
Agree with majority of what you say but how the hell did Heerenveen con Ajax - we were the stupid ones in the first place for even agreeing to buy a basically untried guy for that kind of money. Another failure of our wonderful scouting system and intelligent board for allowing that kind of money to be wasted on a kid.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 06, 2010 1:26 pm

jamcocteau schreef:
SPL schreef:This was always going to be his last chance season but clearly Jol has had enough and West Ham are paying his wages. He wont be under the same pressure at West Ham ,who are a mid table win nothing type of team . Expect him to be a sub alot .

Agree with majority of what you say but how the hell did Heerenveen con Ajax - we were the stupid ones in the first place for even agreeing to buy a basically untried guy for that kind of money. Another failure of our wonderful scouting system and intelligent board for allowing that kind of money to be wasted on a kid.
van Basten's decision???
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr aug 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Orange14 schreef: van Basten's decision???
Not only Van Basten to blame - the board would have had to ratify the deal and agree to releasing that kind of money on one player. And am sure there was others who would have done some scouting and recommended him.

Too easy just to blame Van Basten

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 06, 2010 1:55 pm

jamcocteau schreef:
Orange14 schreef: van Basten's decision???
Not only Van Basten to blame - the board would have had to ratify the deal and agree to releasing that kind of money on one player. And am sure there was others who would have done some scouting and recommended him.

Too easy just to blame Van Basten
Fair enough but I'm sure the Van Basten was persuasive. Also, I believe that van den Boog was not yet in charge of the Board at that time, correct? We can cry over the spilled milk but the bottom line is that things have changed (and I hope for the better.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr aug 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Orange14 schreef: Also, I believe that van den Boog was not yet in charge of the Board at that time, correct?
Correct. Sulejmani was recruited while the club was a whole mess (and had money). Van der Aat was interim manager : who was he at the time to say to Van Basten, the brand new trainer, "no" ?
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Julius

Bericht door Julius » za aug 07, 2010 1:15 am

I dont think this kid is ever gonna make it, whenever he will play in the future.
If we get anything near 10 m. from him it would be great.

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » za aug 07, 2010 8:01 am

Julius schreef:I dont think this kid is ever gonna make it, whenever he will play in the future.
I think you have hit the nail on the head. Sadly, I do believe Ajax made a big mistake when we signed him irrespective of who is to blame for the signing and amount paid - Van Basten, the board etc.

I think we all have had great hopes for him but being honest he has never endeared himself to the club or fans at any time. Over the last 18 months we have had semi-good performances but nothing really exceptional. Criticism have been made during that time about his weight, attitiude etc and he has always blamed someone else, something else etc for these, never once to me during that time has he has accepted personal responsibility for his weight, lack of fitness, actions etc. The criticism made in in general have been fair.

He is still a young lad but he really does need to grow up quickly both in terms of his performances on the pitch and professionalism of the pitch. He should realise he has had an opportunity to play for a great club, an opportunity we all on here would die for but with that opportunity comes responsibility.

I think this loan move is the best thing for both parties. For the club it means we dont have to pay the salary for a player not justifying it and for him the opportunity in career terms to prove his doubters wrong.

In life we all make mistakes when we are young but mistakes are not a bad thing, for a sensible person you learn from mistakes and become a better person. Both Ajax and Sulejmani should learn from his signing, mistake have been made on both sides.

Personally I dont think he will ever make it as a player - to me he lacks the one thing a great player has and that is the vision to read a game - you dont always have to be involved in a game but when the chance arises you need to be in the right place when it comes along. Sulejmani always seems to be one or two steps behind the action.

He has been given a second chance with West Ham and we all deserve that in life. I genuinely hope he makes the most of it and proves us wrong but unless he matures quickly he is always going to be in the category of life of those who who look back and realise they missed the boat.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » wo aug 11, 2010 4:16 pm

deal officially done: he will go on loan to hammers until june, 30 2011.
hope he'll return totally renewed from this experience, if suarez goes we could have an ok replacement in house, otherwise he'll be only a tremendous waste of time and money.
good luck mickey!
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 11, 2010 6:18 pm

I do not think we will see him in an Ajax shirt again . If he does well then West Ham will buy him and if he does crap then next July August we will see him join a Turkish or Greek club for next to nothing .

Think14
Contacteer:

Bericht door Think14 » wo aug 11, 2010 6:33 pm

If he does well we will sell him for anything we can get, around 10 million would be fantastic, but even as I say that I laugh...he would have to really spark at West Ham if we were to get anything near that.

Otherwise he'll either rot on the bench, or we pawn him off for next to nothing and take a huge loss. Our own faults for signing a teenager from Heerenveen for that much money, what a massive risk.

www.think14.squarespace.com --- An Ajax Blog ---

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo aug 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Think14 schreef:Our own faults for signing a teenager from Heerenveen for that much money, what a massive risk.
We definitely overpaid. Nothing wrong with signing kids from Heerenveen though. There were two - Nistelrooy and Huntelaar who turned out to be really good.

But the problem with his signing IMO, was that we never really knew what his position at Ajax would be and if he would be able to play well in it.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 12, 2010 7:17 am

Alright then, I'm closing this thread.

Sulejmani's EPL safari may be discussed in the Players On Loan Thread.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 15, 2010 9:08 am

The West Ham transfer is off, as Orange Goblin already pointed out...

Re-posting...
orange goblin schreef:sorry for opening this one but..Mickey was denied work permit in england????oh my dear.
ofey schreef:Yeap. We have to reopen the Micky thread. He's NOT going to London now... .

Stay micky. Put your head down and work hard... .
You'll be surprised what happens... .

Fork in the road. either you work hard and we can all let Luis leave next year with you taking over OR both you and Luis will be out the door next season.
cdnajaxfan schreef:Permit Denied. Not surprised.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 52,00.html

Maybe we can sell him?
Thread is open again.

K.
Still alive...

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » wo aug 18, 2010 2:02 am

He did nothing for me in today's game. The wrong player to put on at the wrong time. Worst money Ajax have ever spent. Get rid of this guy!

Think14
Contacteer:

Bericht door Think14 » wo aug 18, 2010 1:49 pm

I would prefer to see him go on loan somewhere, not pay his wages, and let him build up his value again so we can sell him. But obviously, if that doesn't happen, I don't want him to rot on the bench and suck up money while doing nothing. Yesterday against Kiev he wasn't anything special, but I guess he did show a glimmer of hope. All I'm asking for is that he puts his head down and works for us.

Read the Dynamo Kiev match report here
www.think14.squarespace.com

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do aug 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Think14 schreef:I would prefer to see him go on loan somewhere, not pay his wages, and let him build up his value again so we can sell him. But obviously, if that doesn't happen, I don't want him to rot on the bench and suck up money while doing nothing. Yesterday against Kiev he wasn't anything special, but I guess he did show a glimmer of hope. All I'm asking for is that he puts his head down and works for us.

Read the Dynamo Kiev match report here
http://www.think14.squarespace.com
One of the better sentences written about Ajax or an Ajax player:
A class act by the Belgian who has really started this season brightly after serving his bans for being awesome.
Well done.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do aug 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Lets sell him to Vitesse for 10 million and call it a day. :antlers.gif:

[666]
Missing some off topic posts? They're in the Grab Bag now.
[/666]

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 26, 2010 2:10 am

HE LOOKED USEFUL TODAY. I can't believe what I just wrote, but it's true. With no work permit for Mido as of yet, according to today's presenters ; Mido's wildcard ( or is it Joker ?) in the deck status to begin with ; and Suarez missing from match day 1, I'm not sure letting him go is wise as things stand today.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 26, 2010 7:09 am

Blind3 schreef:HE LOOKED USEFUL TODAY. I can't believe what I just wrote, but it's true.
Yes. In fact: he wasn't just useful, he was actually pivotal for the second goal. He actually helped winning this thing.

Well done, Micky. Good for you. Now keep it up!

K.
Still alive...

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » do aug 26, 2010 7:36 am

Seeeee... what did i say... its a bad idea get rid of him, we all know he can play when he wants to!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do aug 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Remember what I said a month ago during the friendlies? People made fun of me for saying it but, Sulejmani looks super fit this season and seems to have the hunger in him. We saw glimpses of that last night.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 26, 2010 6:07 pm

No time to sell any of our assets. We'll need them all as we navigate the minefield of the CL , the remaining league matches, and the Cup... at least 38 matches.
Laatst gewijzigd door Blind3 op do aug 26, 2010 6:22 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 26, 2010 6:12 pm

We may see him wanting to stay with the 2 biggest clubs in European history to play , and he plays for the 4th biggest club in terms of winning .

I hope he stays as he does show signs of performing .

Gesloten