Miralem Sulejmani

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Miralem Sulejmani

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 04, 2008 1:25 pm

Am I overlooking something, or is there no Sulejmani thread yet...?

Anyway, good news: the man is back in training with the group and according to a little blurb on Ajax Netwerk the "Zilina and Sparta games will come too soon for him". Does that mean the p$v game won't...? That would be awesome.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 04, 2008 1:31 pm

Very good news indeed.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » di nov 04, 2008 3:09 pm

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

It's as I said a couple of weeks ago...things ARE getting better....including the news on injured players!

Sulejmani v PSV............mouthwatering....especially as we'll already be top of the pile then.....!

Thursday....with Sulejmani cheering them on...we'll find that our visitors have got about as much punch as .....well, they haven't got any! I shall be looking for a 4 goal cushion..at least!!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di nov 04, 2008 7:42 pm

SaddlerIan schreef::anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

Sulejmani v PSV............mouthwatering....especially as we'll already be top of the pile then.....!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
Best picture I've seen in weeks - http://www.ajax.nl/web/show/id=154417/contentid=67927

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 05, 2008 8:27 pm

He will make his return next Monday for the reserves.Good news.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do nov 06, 2008 1:37 am

I just hope that Ajax move very deliberately with him.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do nov 20, 2008 11:19 pm

SULEJMANI BACKS AJAX TITLE BID
(www.football365.com)

Ajax forward Miralem Sulejmani has dismissed PSV Eindhoven's chances of defending their Eredivisie crown and believes the Amsterdammers are nailed on for the title.

Marco van Basten's men are level with NAC Breda at the top of the table, with Sunday's opponents AZ Alkmaar two points further back.

PSV, who have lost their last four games in all competitions and were hammered 4-1 by Ajax last weekend, are down in sixth, seven points off the pace and can ill afford another slip up at home to Heracles Almelo on Saturday.

Sulejmani, though, who moved to Ajax from Heerenveen in the summer, believes PSV's title challenge is already all but over and only AZ are equipped to stop the capital club.

"Ajax are the biggest club and we play the best football," the Serbia international told sportweek.nl. "That PSV has won four championships says nothing to me.

"I do not look at the history. I look at the now and I see that we have the best players and a good atmosphere in the squad.

"It was no surprise that we beat PSV 4-1 on Sunday. AZ I now see as our main competitor, they play good football.

"But we have the most quality. I know for certain that we will be champions."

Sulejmani can certainly afford to be bullish as Ajax have won their last six league games, and scored nine in the last two.

Only goal difference, though, separates them from NAC, who face a tricky game at home to NEC Nijmegen on Saturday.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do nov 20, 2008 11:23 pm

I like some measure of confidence, but I hate seeing him place a target squarely on his back
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 02, 2009 9:10 am

Two nice assists against Utrecht. The first one, a nice little ball 'in the blind' for Van der Wiel, was a particularly pretty one. The second one was one of his trademark free-kicks. He had a reasonable game anyway. Better than in recent weeks.

Hopefully this will give him a bit of a boost, cos man, has he been struggling. We've seen glimpses of brilliance and a few good goals and performances (NEC away was the last one, I reckon), but over all he's been a disappointment so far.

I do believe he's got the qualities, though. I hope these Utrecht assists are another push into the right direction.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mar 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Agree, he was better, but he still seems to be finding his way out there. Hopefully this will help.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 23, 2009 10:38 am

Alright, here's what I've heard...

Micky Sulejmani and Darko Bodul of Young Ajax share a flat (this I know for sure). Rumor has it that they live together like a couple of teenage students, that they order pizza every day and spend way too much time in the boozer - and that no-one from the club keeps an eye on them.

That would be very amateuristic, but it would also explain quite a lot about Sulejmani's first season at Ajax... He doesn't seem fit. It doesn't seem like he's trying to be as good as he possibly can.

The next Dani...?

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma mar 23, 2009 10:53 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Alright, here's what I've heard...

Micky Sulejmani and Darko Bodul of Young Ajax share a flat (this I know for sure). Rumor has it that they live together like a couple of teenage students, that they order pizza every day and spend way too much time in the boozer - and that no-one from the club keeps an eye on them.

That would be very amateuristic, but it would also explain quite a lot about Sulejmani's first season at Ajax... He doesn't seem fit. It doesn't seem like he's trying to be as good as he possibly can.

The next Dani...?

K.
You've heard it from reliable sources, Ko? And is Ajax going to take action?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 23, 2009 11:05 am

I heard it from a reliable source within the club.

The I told it to the football guys at de Volkskrant and they heard similar stories, but from different people.

Which is... typical, at the very least.

K.
Still alive...

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » ma mar 23, 2009 11:11 am

Question remains, is there any reaction from within the club to tackle this problem?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 23, 2009 11:17 am

I do not know, honestly...

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma mar 23, 2009 11:24 am

Man o man.. I really don't understand this. 16 milion euro's and how are we treating our investment....... :confused.gif:

Danny Blind was asked in an interview (can't remember which magazine, I thought it was VI): Do you know that 2 young lads are living together (Mickey and Bodul)?
Blind replied: Yes we know and we are keeping an eye in sight.........

But now it seems that Ajax just f*ckes it up.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 23, 2009 11:31 am

We have to keep in mind that these are rumors, though. Maybe the stories I heard are very exaggerated... Just sharing.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 23, 2009 11:42 am

well all I can say is so far he does not over impress me and we paid way over the odds for him.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma mar 23, 2009 11:50 am

It's not a secret that they live together, it's even written on the official website: "Sinds een paar maanden huist hij in Amsterdam, waar hij een woning deelt met Darko Bodul, de aanvaller die simultaan met Sulejmani de overstap van Heerenveen naar Ajax maakte en nu voor de Beloften uitkomt." (http://www.ajax.nl/web/show/id=154417/contentid=68384)

Now I don't know what they eat, though I've read Van Basten or Blind saying he had heard that Bodul was a good cook...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma mar 23, 2009 5:37 pm

Hearing that rumor, I don't know if bringing in Pranjic would make things better or worse. I think like most of you, I've been pretty disappointed in Sulejmani's first year here, especially with the promise he showed at Heerenveen. I hope the rumor isn't why he's been so poor and I think he'll turn things around, although maybe not until next year.

Interesting rumor nonetheless.
AFCA

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr mar 27, 2009 8:55 pm

I'll withhold comment , especially from 3,000 miles away. Wish Micky and Darko the best in their careers !
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Re: Miralem Sulejmani

Bericht door SPL » di apr 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Goal.com !!!! report Hamburg and Werder Bremen want him but if Ajax did sell they would want 20m euros.

I doubt anything will happen but the guy has underperformed big time this season. We must hope he produces the goods next season otherwise we could be selling him for 2m euros and not 20m!!!

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » ma jul 13, 2009 6:13 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 71&cc=5901

Let's hope he settles in, stays healthy, and shows he's worth every penny! :blub.gif:
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jul 14, 2009 4:08 pm

mako schreef:http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 71&cc=5901

Let's hope he settles in, stays healthy, and shows he's worth every penny! :blub.gif:
I don't like that at all. How hard would it have been to run for 30 minutes a day on his vacation? Furthermore, if he was really fit before his vacation, ten or fifteen days off wouldn't have mattered at all. He would have been back in good shape in a week or so.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » di jul 14, 2009 5:02 pm

aveslacker schreef: I don't like that at all. How hard would it have been to run for 30 minutes a day on his vacation? Furthermore, if he was really fit before his vacation, ten or fifteen days off wouldn't have mattered at all. He would have been back in good shape in a week or so.
Got to agree 100% with your post - when I read Sulejmanis comments I was gobsmacked. The guy shows no professionalism whatsoever irrespective of his age. He was lambasted more than once last season by Van Basten for lack of fitness and he agreed with it but did nothing about it.

Now Jol has come out and said he didnt look even that fit during the U21 European Championship - so Sulejmani blames his holiday which came after the Championships - doh.

Most clubs in UK expect players to come back from holidays with a certain level of fitness, no weight gain etc and if they do not comply with standards they are fined by the club. Jeez I watched AC DC a few weeks back at the ArenA and a 53 year old Angus Young looked fitter than Sulejmani was whole of last season

Sulejmani seems to blame eveybody and everything bar himself for everything going on round him - holidays, large transfer fee etc - well he should grow up and accept some responsibilty for his own actions and then supporters like myself might actually show him some respect.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Gesloten