Evander Sno

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » ma sep 01, 2008 3:42 pm

His red card has been seponated by the KNVB.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma sep 01, 2008 11:16 pm

Just read of the card withdrawl on Ajax.nl/english. A little late.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di sep 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Evander Sno is crap anyway....If MvB insists on playing him as a fixture in midfield...we can say goodbye to eredivisie title!

dws

Bericht door dws » di sep 02, 2008 4:46 pm

Ayman schreef:Evander Sno is crap anyway....If MvB insists on playing him as a fixture in midfield...we can say goodbye to eredivisie title!
Ayman, your post is crap.

Most people who watched the game, myself included, are of the opinion that Sno had a pretty good game.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di sep 02, 2008 5:34 pm

While Sno wouldn't be my first choice in mf, Gabri- Aissati- Lindgren or Sarpong is my first choice line out, I'm not willing to coronate or pillory a player on one appearance. By most accounts, he seemed a useful player.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za okt 04, 2008 2:11 pm

Van Basten Criticizes Sno

Ajax qualified for the group phase of the UEFA Cup after a 2-0 home victory against Serbian side Borac, but manager Marco van Basten wasn’t satisfied and criticized Evander Sno afterwards.
Dutch giants Ajax have qualified for the next round of this year’s UEFA Cup. The Amsterdam side had already won the first leg 4-1 and the return was far from interesting, despite the two goals.

Ajax boss Marco van Basten opted to hand new signing Evander Sno the chance to prove himself as an attacking midfielder, but was far from impressed with the former Celtic player’s performance.

“Evander didn’t play a good match tonight,” started Van Basten. “He gave his opponent too much space when Borac had possession. I don’t want to blame everything on him, but he missed a chance here.”

“I was really surprised that we started the match so weak. We have to improve things like that, because it’s unacceptable to play like this at UEFA Cup level. Nevertheless, we played better after the break,” ended the Ajax boss.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za okt 04, 2008 3:01 pm

Van Basten said:
Van Basten Criticizes Sno

Ajax qualified for the group phase of the UEFA Cup after a 2-0 home victory against Serbian side Borac, but manager Marco van Basten wasn’t satisfied and criticized Evander Sno afterwards.
Dutch giants Ajax have qualified for the next round of this year’s UEFA Cup. The Amsterdam side had already won the first leg 4-1 and the return was far from interesting, despite the two goals.

Ajax boss Marco van Basten opted to hand new signing Evander Sno the chance to prove himself as an attacking midfielder, but was far from impressed with the former Celtic player’s performance.

“Evander didn’t play a good match tonight,” started Van Basten. “He gave his opponent too much space when Borac had possession. I don’t want to blame everything on him, but he missed a chance here.”

“I was really surprised that we started the match so weak. We have to improve things like that, because it’s unacceptable to play like this at UEFA Cup level. Nevertheless, we played better after the break,” ended the Ajax boss
dws schreef: Ayman, your post is crap.
I said:
If MvB insists on playing him as a fixture in midfield...we can say goodbye to eredivisie title!
I rest my case :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za okt 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Never realised that Ajax purchased Evander Sno as an attacking mf. I understood why MvB would see if he could be an attacking option: !) Ajax were never going to lose the tie and 2) our injury situation. Okay, so it didn't work . I'm not going to pillory the young man. Time to look at option 2. I give MvB props for trying. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained. In this case, nothing lost either.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 28, 2009 6:38 pm

Goal.com states he has been sent to the reserves for possibly 1 week. No known reason.

He has had his moments but I am still not sure why he was bought.

Even with injuries we are overloaded with midfielders.I will put money on him leaving in the summer.

peter
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2006, EC 2008

Bericht door peter » wo jan 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Start loaning in that case. The Sportweek reports that Sno is on a 1.1 million euro wage.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo jan 28, 2009 11:31 pm

Blind3 schreef:Never realised that Ajax purchased Evander Sno as an attacking mf. I understood why MvB would see if he could be an attacking option: !) Ajax were never going to lose the tie and 2) our injury situation. Okay, so it didn't work . I'm not going to pillory the young man. Time to look at option 2. I give MvB props for trying. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained. In this case, nothing lost either.

yeah... except a load of cash, the ability to sign an actual player of some assistance, points and the hair i pull out every time he takes the pitch
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jan 29, 2009 3:25 pm

SPL schreef:Goal.com states he has been sent to the reserves for possibly 1 week. No known reason.

He has had his moments but I am still not sure why he was bought.

Even with injuries we are overloaded with midfielders.I will put money on him leaving in the summer.
His only strength as far as I can judge is that he does hold onto the ball quite well in the midfield. He's strong in that regard relative to some of our other players who give it up too easily. Unfortunately that seems to be his only positive. he has the worst shot I've ever seen, never even coming close to the goal.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jan 30, 2009 7:18 pm

At least his strength is something in a mf that has too often looked like as likely to hold up an opponent attack , and hold the ball, as a strainer is to hold up water.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Duke
Site Admin & AT EC 2016 winner

Bericht door Duke » vr jan 30, 2009 7:36 pm

SPL schreef:Goal.com states he has been sent to the reserves for possibly 1 week. No known reason.
There were stories about his lack of fysical training, Van Basten wasn't satisfied about him at this point. He has to improve his fitness, but Sno doesn't think its necessary.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad.

Salvador Dali

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » za jan 31, 2009 6:57 pm

Duke schreef:
There were stories about his lack of fysical training, Van Basten wasn't satisfied about him at this point. He has to improve his fitness, but Sno doesn't think its necessary.
Kind of see Sno's point if he's only getting 15 minutes in a game if that. But that's no way to earn more playing time.
AFCA

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 17, 2009 4:48 pm

This dude seems totally and utterly out of favour. He did not play for Young Ajax on Monday and is not in the squad for Marseille, despita all the problems we're facing.

Same goes (to a slightly lesser extent) for Kennedy (who, by the way, did see action for Young Ajax on Monday).

If you're a grown-up Ajax footballer, 21 years of age or older, and you're not in the squad for this game, you're well and truly f*cked. Van Basten would probably rather play his wife than Evander Sno, it seems.

(coming to think of it, his wife is probably a better player)

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op di mar 17, 2009 7:02 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mar 17, 2009 6:46 pm

Won't spend bandwidth on quoting Ko's comment directly above. The only positive that Sno has demonstrated all season long is his ability to control the ball when he has it. He certainly has no shot of any quality and thus can't play as the central striker (though he was used there at least once that I can remember). He's also not keen on tracking back for defensive duties. I recall some attitude issues that were the cause of his banishment some weeks ago and Van Basten has probably written him off. All in all, not a wise purchase in retrospect.

peter
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2006, EC 2008

Bericht door peter » di mar 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Sno is sick at home. Flu.

No worries. :neutral.gif:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Re: Evander Sno

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di sep 01, 2009 2:21 pm

Loaned out to Bristol City for the remainder of the season.

Therefore to be discussed in the Players On Loan thread.

This thread's closed for the time being.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 13, 2010 7:31 pm

BREAKING NEWS
Benji schreef:Terrible news, guys. Still unconfirmed, but it seems Evander Sno had an heart attack during the Jong Ajax match against Vitesse, lot of ambulances around the place...
This is for real. Cardiac arrest. Latest news on Twitter is that resuscitation appears to have been succesful. Evander is 'back' and has been transported to hospital, reportedly.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Update on the website of De Telegraaf (in Dutch): here.

Bottom line is: he's well, normal heartbeat now, but he's been on the edge.

The two club doctors (Vitesse's and Ajax's) really saved his life, it seems...

K.
Still alive...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Scary and surprising, especially as he's only 23. Thoughts are with him for a speedy recovery.
AFCA

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma sep 13, 2010 10:24 pm

believe me or not, I always felt a simpathy for this lad. Maybe it's all about a match I saw live in san siro, Ac Milan-Celtic on CL, whwn he did all was possibile in marking Kakà. And he did it. what a good defensive game. Almost until the end of overtime, when the major class of the brazilian made the difference. I was so sorry he didn't make it at Ajax, but now these are bullshits.
I wish him a good recovery and all the best he desires. Maybe this desire is playing football again, and seems to me nearly impossible, but I am not a doctor.
God bless you Evander, and maybe He has done it already tonight.
O tempora o mores

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » di sep 14, 2010 12:41 am

Wow. Something like this does tend to put things in perspective, doesn't it? Sending best wishes for a prompt and complete recovery....
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » di sep 14, 2010 7:32 am

I'm hopeful he's well.

Though I think he's a terrible signing, that's a minor detail. Sno has represented 2 of my clubs now (the other being Celtic). I remember that performance in the San Siro and I thought we'd see big things from him. Too often the wheels fell off.

I hope he makes a recovery.
AJACIED

Gesloten