Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Gesloten
mr_cooper

Youth Ajax

Bericht door mr_cooper » di dec 16, 2003 7:23 pm

in this topic we will discuss about ajax young teams

mr_cooper

Bericht door mr_cooper » di dec 16, 2003 7:24 pm

Ronal Koeman has added a fourth Belgian player to the squad. As from the 5th of January, 17-year-old Tom de Mul will be training with Ajax's first team with a view to strengthening the flanks. Mol arrived from Belgian outfit GB Antwerpen last season. Since his arrival the talented youngster has made so much impression on former Ajax coach Louis van Gaal and Ronald Koeman that it has been decided to add him to the first team squad. In the Belgian newspaper 'Het Laatste Nieuws' an overjoyed De Mol explained. "My happiness is indescribable. When I head the news from Van Gaal I wanted to jump on top of him. This is the most beutiful day of my life."
Ajax's youth trainer Danny Blind: "He is still a bit too phlegmatic but that is normal in your first year in Ajax's youth team. With Ajax's first team squad those deficiencies will soon be resolved"

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » za dec 20, 2003 12:29 pm

I have not seen De Mul play to often, but i hear great things about him. Hopefully he will solve the major problem on the right wing. I still think that De Ridder should also get a chance in the first squad. I have heard great things about him as well, as well as a few negative points i must say. But nevertheless, AJAX has nothing to lose by giving him some playing minutes during the winter campaign. If he plays good, awsome good for AJAX. If he plays bad, then we know De Ridder's level at the moment...Remeber Sneijder en Seedorf last year...
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

mr_cooper

Bericht door mr_cooper » za dec 20, 2003 10:57 pm

i have heard that walker and culina may move to maccabi haifa from israel. does anybody know something?

mr_cooper

Bericht door mr_cooper » do feb 05, 2004 1:02 pm

after you saw Ryan Babel in action in first ajax sqaud what is your opinion on him?

Bericht door 343 » do feb 05, 2004 3:24 pm

Is Babel ready for the first squad of AJAX? No, he's too young (just turned 17). He played his first match for Jong AJAX just a few weeks ago.

He is talented, but the level of the first team of AJAX is too high for Babel. I think he still need a year to grow to that level.

mr_cooper

Bericht door mr_cooper » za apr 03, 2004 10:46 am

Ajax defender Jose Valencia, who has not been able to impress the club during his stay in Amsterdam has been told that he does not fit into the club's future plans. The Ecuadorian defender, who has only managed appearances in Ajax's reserve squad will join NEC Nijmegen where the 22-year-old has inked a one-year-deal.

Gesloten