News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bruno Silva Barone

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 22, 2008 7:53 pm

He's here!

Confirmed and everything. 3.75 euros, which I think is not a bad price. I thought we we'd talking about 5 million or more. This is not too bad.

News report to appear on Ajax USA a.s.a.p.

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op vr jan 25, 2008 11:59 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Re: Bruno Silva

Bericht door aveslacker » di jan 22, 2008 9:14 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:He's here!

Confirmed and everything. 3.75 euros, which I think is not a bad price. I thought we we'd talking about 5 million or more. This is not too bad.

News report to appear on Ajax USA a.s.a.p.

K.
I understand that Grongingen went out and picked up De Roover and Cahais as replacements. Why could Ajax not have done that, thereby avoiding a protracted tussle with FCG, and overpaying for Silva to boot?

Why can't we do our own scouting, instead of poaching other teams' players?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr jan 25, 2008 5:59 pm

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma jan 28, 2008 3:25 am

3.75 euros is a great price.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma nov 17, 2008 9:10 pm

Well, not much from Bruno for awhile. It seems like it's been awhile since he's been starting, and it seems he's concerned about it too:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1563/ajax/2 ... leave-ajax

Bruno Silva To Leave Ajax?
Right-back Bruno Silva might leave Ajax in the upcoming transfer period...

Uruguayan right back Bruno Silva left Groningen to sign for Amsterdam giants Ajax last winter after a long transfer saga.

The 28-year-old made an impressive start at Ajax, but Silva has lost his spot in the starting XI to youngster Gregory van der Wiel, much to his own dismay.

"My current situation is really bothering me. I spoke with the manager about it and he's satisfied with my performances," said the Uruguayan right back to Sportweek.

"Nevertheless, he prefers to play with Gregory [van der Wiel] and I have to accept his decision."

"I'm still full of ambition and I want to remain a member of the national squad of Uruguay. Therefore, I need regular first team action."

"I'll do my utmost until December. If nothing has changed by than, I might opt to leave the club."
While it is goal.com, they usually are more accurate when the player's quoted. I was pretty optimistic when we got him seeing as how we really needed some improvement in defense. He seems to be suffering the same as Urby did last year playing as an outside back; maybe we need to move him to midfield. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

While I think van der Wiel is promising, I haven't been blown-away by him or anything and thought Silva put in some solid performances thus far.
AFCA

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma nov 17, 2008 9:45 pm

Anyway, it's not like Ajax had too many defenders. So unless they buy 1 or 2 guys this winter, it's better to keep him until the end of the season.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma nov 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Yeah, that's one thing I forgot to add to my reply. I don't see any chance of Ajax letting him go this winter. He's under contract and will be staying unless as you say, we add some more proper defenders. Even then I don't see him leaving.

Interestingly enough, the one comment on that story at the goal.com site said to bring back Ogararu :drecul.gif:
AFCA

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma nov 17, 2008 10:17 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:Well, not much from Bruno for awhile. It seems like it's been awhile since he's been starting, and it seems he's concerned about it too:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1563/ajax/2 ... leave-ajax

Bruno Silva To Leave Ajax?
Right-back Bruno Silva might leave Ajax in the upcoming transfer period...

Uruguayan right back Bruno Silva left Groningen to sign for Amsterdam giants Ajax last winter after a long transfer saga.

The 28-year-old made an impressive start at Ajax, but Silva has lost his spot in the starting XI to youngster Gregory van der Wiel, much to his own dismay.

"My current situation is really bothering me. I spoke with the manager about it and he's satisfied with my performances," said the Uruguayan right back to Sportweek.

"Nevertheless, he prefers to play with Gregory [van der Wiel] and I have to accept his decision."

"I'm still full of ambition and I want to remain a member of the national squad of Uruguay. Therefore, I need regular first team action."

"I'll do my utmost until December. If nothing has changed by than, I might opt to leave the club."
While it is goal.com, they usually are more accurate when the player's quoted. I was pretty optimistic when we got him seeing as how we really needed some improvement in defense. He seems to be suffering the same as Urby did last year playing as an outside back; maybe we need to move him to midfield. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

While I think van der Wiel is promising, I haven't been blown-away by him or anything and thought Silva put in some solid performances thus far.
Dear Bruno-

Complaining and threatening to leave the club are a good way to advance your career. Your coach really loves this kind of behavior.

Sincerely,

Dennis Gentenaar.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma nov 17, 2008 10:35 pm

aveslacker schreef: Dear Bruno-

Complaining and threatening to leave the club are a good way to advance your career. Your coach really loves this kind of behavior.

Sincerely,

Kennedy & Kenneth Vermeer.
Fixed Your Post. :hypocrite.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 18, 2008 11:17 am

If they let Silva go we are down to 4 defenders,one of whom Vertonghen is still a midfielder but is the best left back we have got. Our only reserve is Alderweireld.We need to bring in a couple of defenders badly.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di nov 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Anything we can do to bring in a true stopper at CB to play next to Oleguer.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di nov 18, 2008 7:53 pm

Blind3 schreef:Anything we can do to bring in a true stopper at CB to play next to Oleguer.
Us here on Ajaxtalk? Well we could do some sort of rights issue, If we all donate about £500,000 each then we should be able to sign someone.

:blush.gif: Sorry, work and the train home was such a "laugh" that it's put me in this mood - agreed, the defence at the moment is holding up but we need another. Personally I can't understand about Silva. He was signed after MvB was confirmed as coach so I can't believe that said MvB had no input in that decision, yet he certainly doesn't seem to rate him at all now.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jan 23, 2009 7:56 am

According to newspaper Algemeen Dagblad 'an Italian club' has shown interest in Bruno Silva. Danny Blind confirms that, but downplays the news: "One club asked us about Bruno, but they were only interested in a loan deal, or getting him on the cheap."

K.
Still alive...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr jan 23, 2009 6:39 pm

Palermo seems to be the interested club. I really hope we keep him as I think he is a decent player in a position we need cover at for the rest of the year.
AFCA

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jan 23, 2009 7:48 pm

I see that Sno is out Saturday. Lindgren's been hurt. Cvitanich out. I know this thread is about Silva, but I mention those three as an illustration of just why Ajax shouldn't be too quick to want to shed experienced depth. Silva should go nowhere. Sunday might be the perfect time to do something out of the box : play Gabri at center mid and slot Silva at right mid. Give him a game , against his old side, while he may have something to prove and a chip on his shoulder.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 23, 2009 7:49 pm

The tone of Blind's reply suggests he wont be going.

Since Danny has been back and in charge of transfers we are certainly not giving players away on the cheap any more.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Re: Bruno Silva Barone

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 22, 2009 9:16 am

Bruno Silva will almost certainly leave Ajax and join Nacional in Brazil. He will undergo his medical on Tuesday and the expectation is that he will be presented to the press the same day...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 23, 2009 4:04 pm

It's official: Bruno Silva loaned out to Brazil's Sport Club Internacional for the entire year 2010.

This thread is now closed until he's back. You may discuss him in the Players On Loan thread.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 04, 2011 10:40 am

Okay, so Silva's back at Ajax... but not really.

He underwent shoulder surgery and will be out for at last four months, so we won't see much of him this season.

But he's back at Ajax. For the record.

K.
Still alive...

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » vr dec 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Article in El Observador, an Uruguayan paper, translated with Google Translate:
"The chances of playing again are minimal"
Uruguayan defender Ajax, Bruno Silva, was near death after an operation on a shoulder in the Netherlands, now you can not grasp anything that is above the line of his eyes and is difficult for him to return to the court.

Bruno Silva is the protagonist of a mishap with luck. A simple apparent shoulder injury led to a generalized infection of Uruguayan footballer who plays for Ajax, and that almost ended his life in a Dutch hospital. Now try to regain quality of life and slow conducting an intensive treatment in Brazil. Around the football seems a utopia survive the pain and impairment rutina.Silva domestic tasks, under contract with the Dutch club until mid-2012, suffered a dislocated shoulder in one of the last preseason workouts Ajax, the club then the doctors decided that surgery was the best option because the shoulder and he was out of place several times. The health of the institution told the player that chooses to believe that the best place to be addressed and Silva decided to operate in the Netherlands, because the surgeon was very grateful, because it was an intervention "complicated" and she wanted to be near the club.

A simple intervention led to a generalized infection that took weeks very ill, which left him months of pain and treatment and that almost cost him his career.

The same day of surgery, Silva was discharged. "They gave me antibiotics before or since," says the player, who spent two days at home enduring the pain she said was "common." Ajax's doctor visited him and was in contact with professionals in the hospital. The pain was not going to 48 hours after the intervention began with a fever and swelling in the arm.

"When I was taken to hospital in serious condition. They did tests and the infection was quite advanced, "the footballer told The Observer. "I was very ill, without any force. To the extent that the hospital and I had to go in a wheelchair. I kidneys stopped working, I put a probe, gave me antibiotics, serum. I was aware, knew what was happening but had no strength. At one point I wanted to move the foot and could not. I realized I was very wrong, "she explained.

Silva was hospitalized for their infection on February 4 and remained hospitalized for 24 days. Not only had the strength to move, but could barely speak. "I was bloated all. The hands looked like a boxing glove. My normal weight is 66 kilos and in the hospital I weighed 93. Everything was swelling product of the infection, "he said.

During the weeks he was admitted was operated three times. "I put bolts generated rejection and I took everything. Then he forgot some of the shoulder to save my life. I left the dead man did not move the arm, "he said. On February 28 he left the hospital, weak, but walking by himself. "They told me that in all the bad, the good news is that he was a sportsman and a trained person. They say that one who does nothing he had not endured. "
Danube and the selection
"I thank you on behalf of myself and my family the Danube, because the players went the other day with a banner on the court. Also the selection: the boys and the coaching staff from the outset of my situation were outstanding "
A week after being discharged he returned to Ajax facilities to begin their recovery. "I was happy because he was alive, but it costs ... All train and I could not do the same things. My exercises were minimal, "he said.

In May he traveled to Uruguay to begin work under the direction of Walter Ferreira, fiosioterapeuta of the Uruguayan National. At that time he worked to resume playing football as soon as possible: "I tried to play again, but the pain was unbearable."

Another operation to return
After a month and a half in Uruguay, he returned to Holland and performed further tests to see if there was potential for pain relief. After the studies, all respondents agreed that professionals should undergo further surgery.

Silva decided operated in Porto Alegre. While performing the recovery would have liked to Ferreira, the former Danube in recovery needed to have someone available virtually 24 hours a day and is therefore inclined to travel to Brazil and work with whom he had treated him to Inter.
"You have very swollen arm," said Nicolas Lodeiro, Ajax teammate, shortly before he was admitted. "I have no cartilage, then created a space for more mobile and functions. More than anything a matter of quality of life. Of course, the strengthening is very slow. I have a tremendous osteoarthritis, "he told the player about his last operation. "The shoulder is very committed. I needed someone who was with me all day, every day, "he said.

The player works four hours a day doing physical therapy and pain still persists though, do not suffer with the same intensity as before their last operation. By February or March in Porto Alegre and will then travel to the Netherlands. Ajax is who is taking care of all medical expenses and the club regularly travels to visit the player to follow developments closely.

"The chances of playing again are slim. The possibility of returning to play at the professional level is minimal, was what I was told. Like I'm going to fight until the last second, "he said. Now his job is working on improving the quality of life and to perform daily tasks that normally are unable to make today. "I can not grab anything that is above the line of my eyes ... My baby I sleep on the living, the want to take and I can not sleep. I can not charge my daughter to the room. These are the things that make you (...) how you arm will never be the same again, "he acknowledged.
http://www.elobservador.com.uy/noticia/ ... n-minimas/

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za dec 03, 2011 8:40 am

poor bruno..
O tempora o mores

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » za dec 03, 2011 1:16 pm

what a terrible story...
May the Force be with you

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za dec 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Jeez, I totally missed that...

What a terrible story.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za dec 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Absolutely horrible story. Best wishes to him in his future endeavors. Sad that we never got to see the best of him (i.e. as he was at FC G).
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mei 05, 2012 11:59 am

During warm-up for the VVV game the players all wore a T-shirt saying "Good luck, Bruno" (in Spanish). Silva was there during all the celebrations. He will leave Ajax this summer. It is still uncertain whether his arm will ever heal completely. It is unlikely that he will play professional football again. His career as a pro seems over. Sad.

In interviews he has admitted that it is emotionally very difficult for him to visit a football ground or to watch his team-mates play. But he was there for Ajax vs VVV, which was a great gesture. Great attitude. He has also said that he is very grateful for the way Ajax have helped and supported him.

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten