Siem de Jong

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Siem de Jong

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 28, 2012 8:02 pm

But he's better than Theo Janssen! :biggrin.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

acab

Bericht door acab » za jul 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Orange14 schreef:But he's better than Theo Janssen! :biggrin.gif:
Haha, i don't think so!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 12, 2013 4:18 pm

Siem is out for six weeks with a collapsed lung. Hospitalized today and it's not known how this happened. Weird, I've never heard of a football player suffering from this kind of injury.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma aug 12, 2013 5:12 pm

So 1st half vs AZ we played with two sick/injured players and the coach new nothing about it. How's that for internal communication?

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma aug 12, 2013 5:13 pm

As much as I consider him a subpar midfielder, which comes because of me not knowing what the hell he should play, it's time we find out where we stand without him and see the possible future! So, who will step into his shoes?

P.S. He is the master in scoring goals when we need them the most... Oh I am super excited
May the Force be with you

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma aug 12, 2013 5:16 pm

souras84 schreef:As much as I consider him a subpar midfielder, which comes because of me not knowing what the hell he should play, it's time we find out where we stand without him and see the possible future! So, who will step into his shoes?

P.S. He is the master in scoring goals when we need them the most... Oh I am super excited
I agree, it doesn't look good right now, a draw or worse against Feyenoord and we've dug ourselves a bit of a hole again. In 3 games.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma aug 12, 2013 7:10 pm

Dubbel schreef:
souras84 schreef:As much as I consider him a subpar midfielder, which comes because of me not knowing what the hell he should play, it's time we find out where we stand without him and see the possible future! So, who will step into his shoes?

I agree, it doesn't look good right now, a draw or worse against Feyenoord and we've dug ourselves a bit of a hole again. In 3 games.
I think it's even less to worry about than it has been in the past three years. The season is young, and we're a ridiculously good second half team.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 12, 2013 7:55 pm

Bad news especially if Eriksen leaves in the next couple of weeks.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma aug 12, 2013 8:18 pm

aveslacker schreef:I think it's even less to worry about than it has been in the past three years. The season is young, and we're a ridiculously good second half team.
Good second half of the season? True. Generally starting early March. However in this season, due to World Cup in summer 14, we will have played 26 rounds already by the end of February. This doesn't leave us much room to wiggle compared to the past few seasons and we need to get our points during fall and winter in order to make a title run. This includes not losing points regularly around CL matches. You see it happening? Especially with Chris and Toby still intent to transfer during this window and Siem injured I wouldn't put a huge sum on it.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di aug 13, 2013 1:47 am

this is really bizarre. not like he broke a rib during the game or anything

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » di aug 13, 2013 8:15 am

Bad news. Still, this is an interesting situation:
souras84 schreef:it's time we find out where we stand without him and see the possible future! So, who will step into his shoes?
Poulsen and de Jong together in midfield keep our game in a rather slow pace mode only Eriksen is there to speed things up. I guessing it could be Serero or Andersen coming in for de Jong.

Very interesting to see how we do without him. De Jong is a decent goal scorer. Can shoot with both legs and has a good header. He reads the game fairly well as well, but for some reason he seems to fade out too often. Lack of stamina/speed? Let's see can someone do better.
"We're on a mission from God."

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di aug 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Dubbel schreef:
aveslacker schreef:I think it's even less to worry about than it has been in the past three years. The season is young, and we're a ridiculously good second half team.
Good second half of the season? True. Generally starting early March. However in this season, due to World Cup in summer 14, we will have played 26 rounds already by the end of February. This doesn't leave us much room to wiggle compared to the past few seasons and we need to get our points during fall and winter in order to make a title run. This includes not losing points regularly around CL matches. You see it happening? Especially with Chris and Toby still intent to transfer during this window and Siem injured I wouldn't put a huge sum on it.
I'll put it this way: I like their chances better than Kobe's. :biggthumpup.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Re: Siem de Long

Bericht door Cruijff » do aug 15, 2013 10:15 am

We're gonna miss Siem de Long, especially because of his good headers. In particular against Feyenoord he's always on the right spot to get one into the net. Let's hope he will recover quite fast, I am hoping to see Siem back in about 5 weeks, but you never know with a situation like this.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » do aug 15, 2013 11:52 am

I suppose I am in the minority, but imo Siem contributes more to the team than many here give him credit for. If you want to talk about slowing the game down, look no farther than everybody's favorite, Eriksen --someitmes it feels like he is playing defensive midfield for the other team what with his constant stream of back passes when we start to go forward on the attack.

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » vr aug 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Siem is so crucial for us since he scores such important goals but he seems to hold the team together at times with his positional sense.
He understand the "system" we play so well.

No with a Danish midfield 3 of : Poulsen, Schone & Eriksen
I have to say that's pretty good depth right there as well but I hope we hold together till he's back...
AJACIED

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 21, 2013 3:13 pm

He has strained his hamstring so not so bad but again no details of how long he will be out . I quess a week or two but we may see him before the winter break if we are lucky.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » do nov 21, 2013 3:19 pm

SPL schreef:He has strained his hamstring so not so bad but again no details of how long he will be out . I quess a week or two but we may see him before the winter break if we are lucky.
I hope he doesn't. Give him rest until after the winter break. He was clearly not himself after his comeback from the lung injury.
The remaining games in the competition are against teams in the bottom half of the table, so relatively easy (relatively, because lately Ajax manages to screw up against any team). We need a fully healthy Siem after the break. That's when the championship will be decided.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » za jan 04, 2014 1:07 am

Rory Smith on ESPNFC suggests that Siem could be a target for Manchester United this transfer season? :confused.gif:
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 04, 2014 1:25 pm

I am still laughing at the above. Klaassen is already a better player. At best Siem would go to Stoke or Hull .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Maybe West Ham???? :biggrin.gif:

Plaats reactie