Luis Suárez

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Re: Luis Suárez

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr jan 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Well I was wrong :drecul.gif:

I thought Ajax would stand firm and at least wait until the summer. Yeah, I think our hopes of the league are out the window with this. We've really missed his finishing during the suspension.

Good luck to him and the club finding a replacement, we're going to need it.
AFCA

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » za jan 29, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks for all you've done Luis.

It's unfortunate that you've had to go in a season when we could actually really win the Eredivisie.

I do hope for the best for you but I think you've had to join the wrong club. Liverpool are in crisis. Not the super power they once were.

Funny that if Jol had sold you, I'd be pissed.
But with Frank in charge, I'm not so concerned.

On the replacement front, Eidur Gudjohnsen and the Heracles's Das Bost look favourite now? I can't wait for the Ajax's next move.
We can't possibly do worst than Bodul, Cvitanic or Suk.
AJACIED

arizonaajax
Contacteer:

Bericht door arizonaajax » za jan 29, 2011 12:50 am

I am just glad they held firm till Liverpool upped their price. I think Liverpool somewhat panicked with the thought that Torres might leave during January or more likely in the summer time.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jan 29, 2011 3:39 am

This price is more or less right. I can live with that.

Still sad to see him go, of course. Quite sad.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za jan 29, 2011 9:08 am

So long and thanks for all the fish, Luis. Best of luck. :ajaxscarf.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za jan 29, 2011 1:00 pm

ajaxusa schreef:We are not going to win the league, and we can win the cup without him. Face it: He was leaving anyway, and Ajax are entering another "rebuilding" phase. Personally, I'm happy to see him go. The price seems reasonable, and I'm tired of defending his bullshit theatrics to my friends. Brilliant player, but unfortunately not an entirely honest one. Thanks Luis. It's been fun. Enjoy Liverpool.

(slipping into my flame-proof suit...)

Agree 100%, Jim. Good player but always though he was a pain in the arse.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za jan 29, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks Luis. I was hoping that you'd wait for a better club to show up. For some reason I'm not as angry as I was when Zlatan was sold.

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » za jan 29, 2011 6:30 pm

ajaxusa schreef:We are not going to win the league, and we can win the cup without him. Face it: He was leaving anyway, and Ajax are entering another "rebuilding" phase. Personally, I'm happy to see him go. The price seems reasonable, and I'm tired of defending his bullshit theatrics to my friends. Brilliant player, but unfortunately not an entirely honest one. Thanks Luis. It's been fun. Enjoy Liverpool.

(slipping into my flame-proof suit...)
Agree almost completely. Almost, because it seems very early to throw in the towel and give up any serious chance at the championship.

Ajax is presenting this as if the player really wanted to leave. I have my doubts about that. Suarez also is on record as really wanting a championship with Ajax (very recently, in fact). My take is that Ajax went for the money. A few months from now Suarez would have been the same player, but there would have been more competition on the market. 'Demand and supply' reasoning over a possible championship, in other words. If I'm right, the fans got f*cked over something like 5 million euros. On the other hand, you can't have your captain bite an opponent. So from that perspective I'm happy that Suarez is gone.

In a strange 'now he's your problem' way I can hardly wait to see how the English will receive his flopping. The English competition remains the most honest, in that regard, and Torres was widely criticized for his diving. Will Suarez adjust that aspect of his game, or not?

The Purple Cow Again

Bericht door The Purple Cow Again » zo jan 30, 2011 2:21 pm

I predict Suarez will pick up a red card very early on in his EPL career, perhaps even in his first game, what happens after that depends on his intelligence and maturity.

He could blossom into a Liverpool legend, he has that kind of talent, or he could become a byword for catastrophic transfers. It's up to him now.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma jan 31, 2011 4:20 pm

Ajax are rich now, with the money from transfers. But there will be no third star this season I'm afraid. And I don't give a f*** about the rest.
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jan 31, 2011 5:29 pm

philippe schreef:Ajax are rich now, with the money from transfers. But there will be no third star this season I'm afraid. And I don't give a f*** about the rest.
To be fair, we're still not rich. In fact, even though we made money of being in the CL group stages and selling Suarez, I think we still have a bit of debt!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 31, 2011 6:43 pm

I thought someone said we were not in debt at the start of the season even though we lost about 20m last year . We have 25m for Suarez and come the summer 20m for VdWiel, 10 for Steks and 20 for Vertonghen. We better be sensible with that money as there are no more big players left to sell.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jan 31, 2011 7:16 pm

SPL schreef:I thought someone said we were not in debt at the start of the season even though we lost about 20m last year . We have 25m for Suarez and come the summer 20m for VdWiel, 10 for Steks and 20 for Vertonghen. We better be sensible with that money as there are no more big players left to sell.
I would have to go back and look at the balance sheet but as I recall, entering into this season we had €40M in working capital (taking into account the shortfall last season). I think you are very optimistic about what we will get for van der Wiel and Vertonghen. I can't see either of them going for more than €10M at this point.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma jan 31, 2011 7:46 pm

The Purple Cow Again schreef:I predict Suarez will pick up a red card very early on in his EPL career, perhaps even in his first game, what happens after that depends on his intelligence and maturity.

He could blossom into a Liverpool legend, he has that kind of talent, or he could become a byword for catastrophic transfers. It's up to him now.

he will succeed where ever he goes, there are few players who can do all the things he can do at such a high level... and he's not done improving
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma jan 31, 2011 8:43 pm

Best of luck to Luis where ever he goes.....

BTW There's no point crying over spilt milk, but given Liverpool just paid £35M for Carroll from Newcastle, they got Suarez very cheaply.....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jan 31, 2011 9:54 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:BTW There's no point crying over spilt milk, but given Liverpool just paid £35M for Carroll from Newcastle, they got Suarez very cheaply.....
Well, not saying he won't go there but I had Liverpool FC TV on earlier (it's free on my TV package) and they were showing a round u[ of Suarez goals but also saying he wasn't officially a Liverpool player yet - that was a few hours ago so it might have changed.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma jan 31, 2011 10:03 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
Manneken Pis schreef:BTW There's no point crying over spilt milk, but given Liverpool just paid £35M for Carroll from Newcastle, they got Suarez very cheaply.....
Well, not saying he won't go there but I had Liverpool FC TV on earlier (it's free on my TV package) and they were showing a round u[ of Suarez goals but also saying he wasn't officially a Liverpool player yet - that was a few hours ago so it might have changed.
That was because he hadn't had his medical, which is now done. His shirt number willbe 7.

cdnajaxfan

Luis Suárez Officially Liverpool Player

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma jan 31, 2011 10:26 pm

Liverpool have completed the signing of Luis Suarez from Ajax on a five-and-a-half-year contract.

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma jan 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Orange14

Re: Luis Suárez Officially Liverpool Player

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jan 31, 2011 10:31 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:Liverpool have completed the signing of Luis Suarez from Ajax on a five-and-a-half-year contract.
Though his dream of playing along side Fernando Torres seems to be disappearing as Torres is heading off to Chelsea.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SE6Ajacied

Re: Luis Suárez Officially Liverpool Player

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di feb 01, 2011 1:02 am

Orange14 schreef:Though his dream of playing along side Fernando Torres seems to be disappearing as Torres is heading off to Chelsea.
He'll just have to get used to playing alongside £35m (!!) Andy Carroll instead. What with all in wrestling Suarez and Carroll who's certainly got some fight :bonk.gif: , off the pitch at least, watching Liverpool could get very interesting.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di feb 01, 2011 8:29 am

We were much better with him, there is no doubt about. But leaving Ajax in the middle of the season is something he shouldn't have done. I therefore lost all interest in this person.
Appie, stay strong !

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di feb 01, 2011 2:47 pm

philippe schreef:We were much better with him, there is no doubt about. But leaving Ajax in the middle of the season is something he shouldn't have done. I therefore lost all interest in this person.
I understand, but it's naive (saying he shouldn't leave half way through the season I mean).
That's the way football is, unfortunately.
Laatst gewijzigd door Manneken Pis op di feb 01, 2011 5:47 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di feb 01, 2011 3:21 pm

Hasnt the time come for Luis to be added to former players thread???
May the Force be with you

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di feb 01, 2011 7:09 pm

BEST OF LUCK LUIS !!!! THANK YOU for the wonderful pleasure of watching you grow into the Ajax Captain's arm band :ajaxscarf.gif: .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Gesloten