Ajax welcome to offers for Petri Pasanen

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Gesloten
mr_cooper

Ajax welcome to offers for Petri Pasanen

Bericht door mr_cooper » do dec 11, 2003 11:42 am

As far as Ajax is concerned, clubs may start knocking on the door for defender Petri Pasanen. Although the Fin international was a key-player in the Ajax defence last season, since Johny Heitinga's recovery from injury and the arrival of Julien Escudי and Zdenek Grygera, Pasanen has been demoted to bench-sitter and even Ajax midfielder Abubakari Yakubu is often given preference above the defender.
Ajax director Arie van Eijden explained: "With the technical staff making these sort of decisions it is certainly worth weighing up any potential offers that may arise for the Fin. However, we have not received any official interest up till now."
The physically strong defender, who joined Ajax from Fin outfit FC Lahti in 2000 and who is under contract until the summer of 2005, was targeted by Spanish side Real Sociedad last summer.

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » do dec 11, 2003 12:08 pm

so sad, so sad! hope he will find a very good club to show his potential!

Philippe
Contacteer:

changes

Bericht door Philippe » do dec 11, 2003 5:33 pm

This is a very questionable choice. In my opinion Pasanen is a much better defender than Grygera for instance.
We should rather sell : Soetaers, Grygera, put Lobont on the bench, and think of hiring new strikers

Thom

Re: changes

Bericht door Thom » do dec 11, 2003 6:55 pm

philippe schreef:This is a very questionable choice. In my opinion Pasanen is a much better defender than Grygera for instance.
We should rather sell : Soetaers, Grygera, put Lobont on the bench, and think of hiring new strikers
Put Lobont on the bench?????!!!!! Have you been drinking?

Or are you a cockroach in hiding.

Lobont on the bench, Jesus... :nooo:

Daily Blind

Bericht door Daily Blind » do dec 11, 2003 11:37 pm

people can't make mistakes anymore!! :sad:

Philippe
Contacteer:

bench

Bericht door Philippe » vr dec 12, 2003 10:10 am

Stekelenburg is better than Lobont, who is responsible of the two goals Brugge scored; that's why I think Lobont should spend some time on the bench !

Thom

Bericht door Thom » vr dec 12, 2003 10:17 am

Two mistakes in a match played badly on the whole, and you want him on the bench :nooo: what rubbish

THINK BEFORE YOU TALK!!!

Eric

Bericht door Eric » vr dec 12, 2003 10:58 am

shouting is rude Thom :)

and i am sure that Phillipe was just caught in the moment of deep disappointment after Ajax' exit.

mr_cooper

Bericht door mr_cooper » vr dec 12, 2003 11:36 am

i will open new topics. one for rumours about transfres out and one about transfers in. if you want to talk about transfers, who you think that need to be sell, bought so post there

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr dec 12, 2003 11:39 am

I am sure that everyone will agree that it takes a reliable goal keeper to win trophies, especially on crucial games. Someone who remains cold blooded under pressure. See what I mean ? ;)

Thom

Bericht door Thom » vr dec 12, 2003 12:06 pm

philippe schreef:I am sure that everyone will agree that it takes a reliable goal keeper to win trophies, especially on crucial games. Someone who remains cold blooded under pressure. See what I mean ? ;)
No. Because you can't possiblt mean Lobont, who is cold blooded; he made a mistake, so what? Shit happens.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » za dec 13, 2003 5:19 pm

maybe you are right : I will try and stay cold blooded my self :D
but it was more than a bad evening for Ajax : months of work were ruined in 90 mn, so we 'd better face it and think it over

Gesloten