Gregory van der Wiel

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Re: Gregory van der Wiel

Bericht door aveslacker » wo apr 20, 2011 11:12 am

Kowalczyk schreef:I am sooooo fed up with Van der Wiel. I can hardly stand him anymore. Mr Underestimation.

And he thinks he's done at Ajax - and ready for a major club... My God. The guy really doesn't have a clue, does he?

10M. Good price. Bye now.

K.
Kinda reminds me of Hedwiges Maduro in that way.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 20, 2011 1:04 pm

IMO he's a nice guy, always friendly with supporters (well, not always, not in Auxerre...).
But if the 10 M€ offer stands, I guess we should accept it.
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 20, 2011 1:11 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:I am sooooo fed up with Van der Wiel. I can hardly stand him anymore. Mr Underestimation.

And he thinks he's done at Ajax - and ready for a major club... My God. The guy really doesn't have a clue, does he?

10M. Good price. Bye now.

K.
Kinda reminds me of Hedwiges Maduro in that way.
Yup, some players have an inflated view of their own abilities. Maduro only started getting playing time in Spain when he moved to central defense; another player who was a step too slow to play the position he came up in at Ajax.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 17, 2011 11:26 am

During the title celebrations Van der Wiel said on TV that he wants (and will) stay for another season.]

He was a bit pissed, probably. But he did say it.

K.
Still alive...

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo mei 18, 2011 8:20 am

I think we need to get a few more players on the booze, and sign them up while theyre jolly..

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za aug 27, 2011 10:48 am

I follow Gregory van der Wiel on Twitter . Yes, confirmation that I have NO LIFE . He tweeted this morning that he is on a plane to London. Wonder if this is just for a holiday, given the match schedule, or if the stories of a move have any traction ?
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » za aug 27, 2011 2:31 pm

"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » za aug 27, 2011 3:13 pm

So all the talk about extensions were just dust in our eyes?
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:I've got your answer :biggrin.gif: : http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... el-reports
LOL, take the money and run to the nearest bank!!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za aug 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Hey, he twitters as follows:

Gvanderwiel Gregory van der Wiel
"We had a weekend off.. So im just in london to chill and watch a few games, nothing more".
circa 6 ore fa
O tempora o mores

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » wo aug 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Greg just tweeted "and i'm a player of..."

Chelsea fans far and wide just went ballistic.

Im angry enough at one of my clubs (spurs) that I couldnt bare for Ajax to let me down last minute as ive been so happy with our dealings .

Frank surely couldnt be that stupid and let him go last minute, have we learnt nothing?
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo aug 31, 2011 11:13 pm

afc ajax amsterdam :666.gif:

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » wo aug 31, 2011 11:16 pm

Oh Greg you cheeky boy
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma dec 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Do we agree that he is leaving during the Winter Transfer Season?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma dec 05, 2011 2:22 pm

souras84 schreef:Do we agree that he is leaving during the Winter Transfer Season?
Who is going to buy him? He was built up as the next great right back after the WC but he really is quite limited in that he's basically a one footed player and a rather poor defender. He doesn't have that much speed to overlap on offense. If an offer comes in at €10M or more, the club should take the money and run to the bank.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma dec 05, 2011 7:05 pm

In the words of guitarist Steve Miller " take the money and run " . Especially if we think Ruben Ligeon is one whose future is now.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 05, 2011 7:41 pm

10m euros for a right back who is a poor defender is a decent amount. Valencia evidently will pay 10m but sky report says the deal will go through in January. Really do not think Valencia and Ajax are going to agree a fee in December for atransfer next summer. So imo he will leave in January.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma dec 05, 2011 7:49 pm

As much as I don't care about when he is gonna leave, I would rather he stayed till the summer

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 05, 2011 9:05 pm

If he is indeed discussing plans to leave he should go asap. I do not want anyone here who has already agreed to go somewhere else.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 06, 2011 9:47 am

SPL schreef:If he is indeed discussing plans to leave he should go asap. I do not want anyone here who has already agreed to go somewhere else.
I'm with you on that one.

He's a good football player, potentially, but a pretty shit defender. He lacks focus so frequently, it drives me insane.

He is replaceable, so if the price is right: sell him.

By the way... He is usually quite good in the bigger games. Problem is, he's not interested in 'ordinary' games. Therefore, he will probably be quite good for Holland in Euro 2012. This will push his market value up, so if possible we should keep him 'til the summer.

K.
Still alive...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 17, 2011 2:53 pm

The Valencia transfer is getting closer: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetb ... sn=voetbal

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Everyone seems in a big rush for a transfer thats not taking place until next summer! I think Ajax would like 12m euros but would take a min 10m. Valencia evidently offered 6m last week and probably up to 8m now .If we can get 10m I would be happy as he may be No 1 in Holland but he still cannot defend .He has had one or 2 good games recently .
Transfer fees for players in Holland have never been that high , fees over 15m I can think of KJH,Sneijder,Suarez ,V Nistelrooy, Zlatan , Stam and maybe Robben off the top of my head .All World class players who went to top teams .

Greg is a decent full back but imo is not world class and Valencia may be No 3 in Spain but I do not call them a really top team . 10m seems about right for him.

PS I have just thought of another fee of 15m or so Sulejmani!!!!!!!!!!! All the others I mentioned were of course transfers out of Holland to big clubs. Looking at those players ,and I may have missed one or 2 more, makes me realise what a complete bunch of idiots were in charge of Ajax to pay such a fee for such a moderate player Sorry to go off topic.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma dec 19, 2011 11:00 am

SPL schreef:Everyone seems in a big rush for a transfer thats not taking place until next summer! I think Ajax would like 12m euros but would take a min 10m. Valencia evidently offered 6m last week and probably up to 8m now .If we can get 10m I would be happy as he may be No 1 in Holland but he still cannot defend .He has had one or 2 good games recently .
Transfer fees for players in Holland have never been that high , fees over 15m I can think of KJH,Sneijder,Suarez ,V Nistelrooy, Zlatan , Stam and maybe Robben off the top of my head .All World class players who went to top teams .

Greg is a decent full back but imo is not world class and Valencia may be No 3 in Spain but I do not call them a really top team . 10m seems about right for him.

PS I have just thought of another fee of 15m or so Sulejmani!!!!!!!!!!! All the others I mentioned were of course transfers out of Holland to big clubs. Looking at those players ,and I may have missed one or 2 more, makes me realise what a complete bunch of idiots were in charge of Ajax to pay such a fee for such a moderate player Sorry to go off topic.
Babel was somewhere around 15m iirc. :biggrin.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 19, 2011 11:44 am

Babel was about 10m .I quess we were lucky with him he did nothing at Liverpool and is now at some small German side .

On subject Greg looks close to agreeing the transfer and hope we agree a min 10m euros .As I said last week I still think he should go now .He wants to leave so say goodbye on Weds .

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di dec 20, 2011 2:20 am

Don't know how many trophies he'll win or how much time he'll see (Miguel seems first choice RB unless my TV lies) with Los Che , but at least they seem poised for a CL spot.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Gesloten