The Official SPL Contract Talks Topic

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

GangstaRiB

Re: The Official SPL Contract Talks Topic

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do mar 18, 2010 11:41 am

jamcocteau schreef:Ajax announced this week that all contract talks bar those relating to Christian Eriksen have been postponed until after May 2 - last game of season. Apparently, the financial situation at the club is a lot worse than initially feared and until the club know situation of what European competition we will be in next year they are not willing to offer players extensions. So Urby and Pantelic will now have to sit tight and wait.

I would not expect many new signings for next year and fear that if offers are put in for a few of our more promising youngsters they will be accepted.
Ajax announced this message because they want to focus on the competition, not because of the lack of money or something. Although Van den Boog said that they will continue to talk with Eriksen because they were already talking about an extension of his contract. But the negotiating will be done more discrete.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mar 18, 2010 12:48 pm

SPL schreef:The farce of our transfer policy was summed up this week. They team that started v Psv cost 14m euros ie Suarez and de Zeeuw only cost money . The Jong team v ADO on monday cost 31.75m euros.
What a joke and no wonder we have lost 20m euros this season.

Alot depends on qualifying for CL . If we do not then Urby Vd Wiel and even Vertonghen could join Suarez in being sold.
Right you are but I worry that they will all be sold for low value. Also, there is a general problem throughout all of football regarding finances of most big clubs. Other than those who have sugar daddy owners (Man City and Chelsea) who can afford to spend recklessly? Look at Liverpool who are shaky to begin with and may not even qualify for CL football. Clearly we are in an austerity mode right now but I hope that stupid decisions are not made (goodness knows enough were made over the past five years).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za mar 20, 2010 10:08 am

Orange14 schreef:
SPL schreef:The farce of our transfer policy was summed up this week. They team that started v Psv cost 14m euros ie Suarez and de Zeeuw only cost money . The Jong team v ADO on monday cost 31.75m euros.
What a joke and no wonder we have lost 20m euros this season.

Alot depends on qualifying for CL . If we do not then Urby Vd Wiel and even Vertonghen could join Suarez in being sold.
Right you are but I worry that they will all be sold for low value. Also, there is a general problem throughout all of football regarding finances of most big clubs. Other than those who have sugar daddy owners (Man City and Chelsea) who can afford to spend recklessly? Look at Liverpool who are shaky to begin with and may not even qualify for CL football. Clearly we are in an austerity mode right now but I hope that stupid decisions are not made (goodness knows enough were made over the past five years).
I think being in an austerity mode is to our advantage, or at least it will be once we clear out the dead wood. Teams will be much less likely to pull out young players away. Had this happened five years ago, think of the players we could have kept.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 29, 2010 11:25 am

Players whose contracts run out on 30 June have to be told before 1 April whether they are being offered a new one or not. Ajax have today told Pantelic Rommendahl plus of course Luque and Ogararu
they are not getting new ones . Pantelic has been offered a one year with one year option and he has said no . Rommendahl offered nothing .

I imagine that once the season finishes on May 2 and we know if its CL or not we may still offer Pantelic a better offer and maybe one to Rommendahl . Would like to see both stay one more year . Rommendahl is a good sub .

In the next couple of days Ajax will have to tell all the Jong whose contracts are running out. 12 in total
and it will be interseting to see how many will stay .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mar 29, 2010 1:53 pm

It will be interesting to see if a 32 year old striker can get a 3-4 year contract which is what Pantelic apparently wants. I think the economics of most clubs are such that it won't happen.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma mar 29, 2010 3:06 pm

SPL schreef:Players whose contracts run out on 30 June have to be told before 1 April whether they are being offered a new one or not. Ajax have today told Pantelic Rommendahl plus of course Luque and Ogararu
they are not getting new ones . Pantelic has been offered a one year with one year option and he has said no . Rommendahl offered nothing .

I imagine that once the season finishes on May 2 and we know if its CL or not we may still offer Pantelic a better offer and maybe one to Rommendahl . Would like to see both stay one more year . Rommendahl is a good sub .

In the next couple of days Ajax will have to tell all the Jong whose contracts are running out. 12 in total
and it will be interseting to see how many will stay .
Ajax has send "end of contract" letters to the above mentioned players, because that is what the regulations require. Ajax (as you already mentioned SPL) did offer an extension to Pantelic, but he is looking for the jackpot.

I think that Rommedahl is also going to be offered a new deal. Rommedahl enjoys his stay at Ajax and even said that he would accept a lower salary. Dennis is just a good sub and a good guy to have in your team. Ajax would be foolish if they let him go (never imagine I would say this...).

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma mar 29, 2010 7:37 pm

I definitely agree that Ajax should retain Dennis Rommedahl . Strange I should say this as I used to refer to him as Verdommedahl when he was at Bulb City. He has been a good servant at Ajax and has two things that can't be coached , lots of experience and lots of speed.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

acab

Bericht door acab » di mar 30, 2010 11:23 am

Blind3 schreef:I definitely agree that Ajax should retain Dennis Rommedahl . Strange I should say this as I used to refer to him as Verdommedahl when he was at Bulb City. He has been a good servant at Ajax and has two things that can't be coached , lots of experience and lots of speed.
I hope that Dennis will stay too. And i really hope Pantelic not. He's just too slow. The bad thing is that when Suarez quits (and i'm sure he will this summer), we will make a totaly new attaking duo, which disturbs me. :aai.gif:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 30, 2010 12:51 pm

I definitely agree with ACAB : Dennis should stay, but I'm not so sure about Pantelic.
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mar 30, 2010 1:52 pm

acab schreef: I hope that Dennis will stay too. And i really hope Pantelic not. He's just too slow. The bad thing is that when Suarez quits (and i'm sure he will this summer), we will make a totaly new attaking duo, which disturbs me. :aai.gif:
What we really don't know at this point is whether Bodul or Castillion are going to be first team players. Bodul certainly hasn't scored a lot of goals on his loan out and Castillion has been hurt part of this year but has seen youth NT duty. Maybe Suk is the favored striker in Jol's mind. He's picked up a couple of goals on the reserve team.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mar 30, 2010 3:19 pm

In the words of a US game show presenter, Miralem Sulejmani come on down !!
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 12, 2010 11:15 am

Gabri who has a contract to 2011 has extended to 2012 but has taken a salary decrease for this extra year .A very nice jesture and he obviously wants to see out his career with us. He has had alot of injury and is still going to be on a hugh salary next year .With Enoh and de Zeeuw the regular holding MF how many games will he get ? Given his hugh salary I thought we may have tried to unload him this season and keep Lindgren as back up especially as his contract is more like half of Gabri's wages.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma apr 12, 2010 3:53 pm

I guess Martin Jol just loves having lots of mf options. De Zeeuw , Enoh , De Jong , Lodeiro , Eriksen , Gabri , and Lindgren . Definitely seems like no room at the inn for next season.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma apr 12, 2010 9:12 pm

SPL schreef:Gabri who has a contract to 2011 has extended to 2012.
Excellent News! He's had some bad luck with injuries (and to a lesser extent form) but I've always rated this guy. Always gives his all to the cause, very pleased that he's signed again, actually one of my fav players.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 20, 2010 8:46 pm

Alderweireld's contract is still to 2014 but he has had a pay rise.The contract , signed last year, includes a limited transfer sum . I cannot say i am happy with this . The kid has settled in well but this limited transfer sum was included last year when he was not a first team regular . So even then he was looking ahead to leaving . I would have said no transfer limit or no contract . I know it is likley to be the agent but this is not acceptable.

I hope Eriksen's contract does not include such a clause? Does anyone know????

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jun 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Rommendahl and Ajax appear to have agreed on a 1year contract with the option of another year if he plays a certain amount of games next season . He has taken a pay cut .I am pleased as he is a good sub and obviously wants to play for us as he has taken a pay cut . Hope Urby takes note!!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo jun 13, 2010 3:46 am

Very good news for us. Rommedahl definitely showed pace and class for us last year.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » wo dec 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Eyong Enoh extended officially until 2015. ok.
O tempora o mores

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr jan 21, 2011 10:39 am

rumours of first contract extensions: ebecilio, ozbiliz, as first teamers, and more in jong ajax like castillion and burnet (uh?). but lukoki, bonevacia and jozefzoon who all have expiring contracts are not mentioned. not even sneijder jr.
I read somewhere that bonevacia had an extension offer in november.

http://ajax.netwerk.to/nieuws/artikel/2 ... Burnet.php

here are all the contracts expiring in the summer. big clearout in sight.

Lorenzo Ebecilio *
Aras Ozbiliz *
Jody Lukoki +
Oleguer Presas
Marvin Zeegelaar
Hyun Jun Suk**
Urby Emanuelson
Timothee Atouba
Rodney Sneijder ***
Ronald Graafland
Teemu Taino
Andre Ooijer
Jordy Deckers
Mitchell Donald
Evander Sno
Rob Wielaert (verhuur)
Marco Bizot
Roly Bonevacia***
Geoffrey Castillion*
Timothy Van der Meulen
Johan Kappelhof
Ricardo Van Rhijn
Tom Overtoom
Lorenzo Burnet *
Rik Schouw
Bryan Ottenhof
Florian Jozefzoon +
Jeffrey Dekker
Darko Bodul

* probably contract will be offered
+ hopefully contract will be offered
** Option to extend to 2013
***Contract extension offered in nov. 2010
Laatst gewijzigd door orange goblin op vr jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm, 4 keer totaal gewijzigd.
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 21, 2011 11:50 am

Sneijder and Bonevacia were both told they were getting contract offers back in November. I think Jol
has put off some of these kids and had he continued I think they would have left. At the end Eriksen
was fed up . Hopefully now that de Boer is in charge the kids you mention will all be extended and Lukoki may even get a contract .

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr jan 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Sneijder and Bonevacia were both told they were getting contract offers back in November.
ok. thanks.
I'll update the previous post.
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 21, 2011 2:36 pm

I am no good at copying old posts but found my post back in mid October on our Jong pages.

A report from mid October that Ajax were talking about extensions to Sneijder, Bonevacia, Jozefzoon,Ebecilio and extensions to Boilesen(contract runs to 2013) and Bouy (contract to 2012).

Clearly Ajax are talking to all these players but need to get some contracts signed up.V Rhijn is the only main Jong player who has not been mentioned but I am sure he is one of those who will get offered.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 22, 2011 2:29 pm

One thing we really don't know is how good Castillion is. He's been injured all season and whether he is a capable striker is up in the air. I suspect that the other than the names mentioned as contract extensions/offers the remaining players will be gone.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 29, 2011 1:04 pm

This week Suk Bodul and now Donald and Sno have been told officially they wont get contract extensions.

I read that Ajax have been talking this week with Ebecilio,Ozbiliz,Jozefzoon,Castillion ,Sneijder,
Bonevacia Burnet and Kappelhof. No mention of V Rhijn!!

There has been mention that we may offer an extension to Ooijer.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za jan 29, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi Spl, can you give me the source please? Strange for van Rhjin, but even more that we offer an extension to Oojier..
O tempora o mores

Plaats reactie