The Official SPL Contract Talks Topic

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jun 09, 2007 7:13 pm

Anita has extended to 2011 the other day. That really leaves only Maduro and Sarpong, of the young on 2008 contracts, to sort out. Good to see we are putting all our young talent on long contracts.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo jun 10, 2007 10:59 am

i hope Maduro will have a good Championship (Under-21, which starts today) and after that, Ajax will decide to extend contract with Maduro

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jun 10, 2007 8:39 pm

Van Basten said:
i hope Maduro will have a good Championship (Under-21, which starts today) and after that, Ajax will decide to extend contract with Maduro

Looks like he heard you..lol He scored the only goal in the 1-0 win over Israel

kraz11
Contacteer:

Bericht door kraz11 » ma jun 11, 2007 12:50 pm

I saw the game and holland didnt shine
but babel had a pretty good game although he missed
from close range with no goalkeeper.
and i saw the dutch team in the tuloun festival where sarpong, anita and
van der wiel played and sarpong really impressed me. He has a lot of talent
- great technique and game vision, van der wiel was also great
but anita was quite dissapointing in the one game i saw him.
He tried to dribbel too much and lost the ball almost each time, kinda like
Robben. We have to sign Sarpong and let him play in the first team next season.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma jun 11, 2007 4:00 pm

kraz11 schreef:We have to sign Sarpong and let him play in the first team next season.
You just had to ask ;-) : http://english.ajax.nl/web/show/id=1548 ... ntid=63191
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma jun 11, 2007 4:23 pm

there we go ! great ! :hupajax.gif: :kloguck.gif: :pepsi.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

kraz11
Contacteer:

Bericht door kraz11 » ma jun 11, 2007 5:03 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:
kraz11 schreef:We have to sign Sarpong and let him play in the first team next season.
You just had to ask ;-) : http://english.ajax.nl/web/show/id=1548 ... ntid=63191
Fucken A :headbang.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 11, 2007 6:09 pm

Good news about Sarpong, I watched a couple of the Toulon games and he played well in the first one, still not 19 yet , and plenty of talent.

As I said above just Maduro left to sort out and he played well for the Dutch U21 yesterday. Hope then decide to keep him as I still feel he has alot to offer us. Rushed into the National team before he was ready has put him backwards in my opinion!!

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » di jan 15, 2008 7:12 pm

We extended contract with De Jong until 2013 July 1

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do feb 14, 2008 11:29 am

Jan-Arie Van der Heijden has extended to 2013.

Ajax are also talking with Steks about extending his contract.(It would be good if we can keep him for another year as his goalkeeping has improved this season)

Ajax are also reviewing most of their reserves contracts.The only positive is that they want to extend Javier Martina's contract.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do feb 14, 2008 1:56 pm

do you like martina? is he a good winger? I trust your opinion!
and is goossens ready for make it in the first team next year?
O tempora o mores

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do feb 14, 2008 2:03 pm

SPL schreef: Ajax are also talking with Steks about extending his contract.
that would be great :ajax.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do feb 14, 2008 3:03 pm

Van basten schreef:We extended contract with De Jong until 2013 July 1
I have to say that I thought De Jong had some very good moments in the Roda debacle. I was pretty impressed by his play.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 04, 2008 1:09 am

Although Van der Heijden agreed his extension to 2013 a couple of weeks
ago the official site confirmed it today.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Donovan Slijngard has extended to 2009.He is due to be in our first team squad this coming season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 10, 2008 9:10 pm

Just to say Ajax want to extend Van der Wiel, Schilder and KJH contracts.

Would imagine they will want to extend Darko Bodul's as his only runs to next summer and there is talk of him in the 1st team squad.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di nov 11, 2008 5:35 pm

SPL schreef:Just to say Ajax want to extend Van der Wiel, Schilder and KJH contracts.

Would imagine they will want to extend Darko Bodul's as his only runs to next summer and there is talk of him in the 1st team squad.
Interesting about Schilder as they were trying to off load him during the summer.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 17, 2008 4:32 pm

reports state that Vermeer and Van der Wiel are not extending at present.

Vermeer has until 2010 and will probably wait until the end of the season to see what Steks might do next season.( If Steks decides to stay Vermeer may well decide to move as he must now play regularly!!)

Why is VdWiel not extending? There was a comment on goal.com last week saying he was happy here but with a contract to 2011 there is no hurry to extend. (May well be if he keeps his place to the end of the season he will get a better contract ! )

Any thoughts?

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma nov 17, 2008 4:44 pm

Ah well... Van der Wiel is just not showing his cards to the media. I'm sure he wants extension, but for better money. I think he will sign a new deal.

Vermeer is the same case. Vermeer is happy at Ajax and, if you ask me, he is doing better than Steek when he was fit. Vermeer is showing more heart if you ask me. I always doubted his quality because he is quite small, but his reflexes are very very good and he rules the 5-meter area.

Steek has a body made for goalkeeping, but he is a bit quiet.. not a real leader...

Vermeer is now tasting the good life of being the number one and he is taking his chance. If you bench Vermeer when Steek is fit again.... how will Vermeer react? Ajax is the topclub in Holland and Vermeer is not yet ready for abroad. Will he settle for a loan-deal?

One thing is sure: When Steek makes a few mistakes when he is number one again, Vermeer will take the spot instantly.

Will he sign a new deal (to answer your question :smallgrin.gif: ): Yes.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma nov 17, 2008 5:12 pm

I agree with the comment about van der Wiel, I can't imagine he's in any hurry to extend at this point, especially as the longer he waits, the more money he will likely get. No need to rush it now if he can keep playing well the rest of the season.

As for Vermeer, I think it's still early, but I think he's a player I'd like to keep hold of for the time being. I think it's about time that Stekelenburg is going to move on, prossibly this summer, and I think we'd be in a good position to have Vermeer take over for a few years before it's his turn to move on. He really is at a point where he needs to be playing regularly. At some point very soon, we're going to have to choose one over the other, and I think the smartest move is to sell Stekelenburg and give Vermeer the starting spot. It's either that or we risk losing both of them.

Didn't see anything previously, but when is Stekelenburg's contract set to expire?
AFCA

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma nov 17, 2008 6:10 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:Ah well... Van der Wiel is just not showing his cards to the media. I'm sure he wants extension, but for better money. I think he will sign a new deal.

Vermeer is the same case. Vermeer is happy at Ajax and, if you ask me, he is doing better than Steek when he was fit. Vermeer is showing more heart if you ask me. I always doubted his quality because he is quite small, but his reflexes are very very good and he rules the 5-meter area.

Steek has a body made for goalkeeping, but he is a bit quiet.. not a real leader...

Vermeer is now tasting the good life of being the number one and he is taking his chance. If you bench Vermeer when Steek is fit again.... how will Vermeer react? Ajax is the topclub in Holland and Vermeer is not yet ready for abroad. Will he settle for a loan-deal?

One thing is sure: When Steek makes a few mistakes when he is number one again, Vermeer will take the spot instantly.

You and I have a very different analysis of Vermeer if you think he rules the five yard box. He's a great shot-stopper, but he has a lot to learn about coralling crosses.

That was Steks' weakness a few years ago, and he got better at it, so there's hope for Kenneth. I think he will be an excellent keeper in a year or two.

I think the job is Steks for the rest of the season.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma nov 17, 2008 6:21 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:I agree with the comment about van der Wiel, I can't imagine he's in any hurry to extend at this point, especially as the longer he waits, the more money he will likely get. No need to rush it now if he can keep playing well the rest of the season.

As for Vermeer, I think it's still early, but I think he's a player I'd like to keep hold of for the time being. I think it's about time that Stekelenburg is going to move on, prossibly this summer, and I think we'd be in a good position to have Vermeer take over for a few years before it's his turn to move on. He really is at a point where he needs to be playing regularly. At some point very soon, we're going to have to choose one over the other, and I think the smartest move is to sell Stekelenburg and give Vermeer the starting spot. It's either that or we risk losing both of them.

Didn't see anything previously, but when is Stekelenburg's contract set to expire?
As I recall, Stek extended his contract for a couple of years (maybe 2012). there were rumours of a transfer abroad last summer just prior to his extension going through. It's a real luxury to have two outstanding (but very different in style) keepers. That being said, the club will have to make a decision as the current situation will have to be resolved. Neither one wants to be #2 and splitting playing time has never worked. Vermeer was loaned out last season but I'm sure wants to be first choice at a top club. MVB will face an interesting decision next summer and I predict one of them will move.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma nov 17, 2008 8:10 pm

aveslacker schreef:
GangstaRiB schreef:Ah well... Van der Wiel is just not showing his cards to the media. I'm sure he wants extension, but for better money. I think he will sign a new deal.

You and I have a very different analysis of Vermeer if you think he rules the five yard box. He's a great shot-stopper, but he has a lot to learn about coralling crosses.

That was Steks' weakness a few years ago, and he got better at it, so there's hope for Kenneth. I think he will be an excellent keeper in a year or two.

I think the job is Steks for the rest of the season.
Vermeer is groing at the moment. It took Steek 3 years to solve his problems with corners/crosses, Vermeer made a few mistakes earlier this season but is now on top of his game.

Steek is a proper keeper, but I miss the real fire. Steek is 2m long, he should master the 5 meter area, but he doesn't. Sometimes he looks scared and almost hides himself.

Vermeer really convinced me. He looks alive in the goal.

jackson

Bericht door jackson » di nov 18, 2008 12:08 am

I think Steek gets the job back until the end of the season--he must to build value for his transfer, and is still the better choice anyway--and then he is sold to Tottenham...ok, maybe not Tottenham. :drecul.gif:
But he surely will be moving on this summer as long as Vermeer continues to grow.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 18, 2008 11:27 am

It was suggested in the press that if Vermeer were to leave for regular first team games Fword should buy him !! What a horrible thought.

We do seem to have a lot of good young goalies in our youths . Padt, in the reserves is only 18 and Bizot and Peristerides in our youth have trained with the firsts and are only 17.And the best u17 goalie in Holland is Hahn still only 16.
I doubt we will need to buy a first choice goalie for a few years.

Ajax may have to make a decision this summer and possibly let Steks go so as to keep Vermeer. We do not want Vermeer to leave next summer then Steks in 2010!!

Plaats reactie