The Official SPL Contract Talks Topic

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: The Official SPL Contract Talks Topic

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 15, 2022 10:52 am

Kenneth Taylor has agreed a new contract to 2027 ,which is great news.He will replace Gravenberch and his last games looked a better player.

Just need to extend Timber

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jul 15, 2022 7:14 pm

Totally agree. Taylor almost seems like a better version of Gravenberch.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 15, 2022 7:46 pm

Taylor has now signed .

Salah-Eddine is still talking about a contract extension ,his runs to 2023.Not sure what will happen but maybe an extension and then rent out . Everton ,Feyenoord Twente and Club Brugge want him,so maybe just rent to Twente. We have to do the same with Hansen ,also runs to 2023,ie sell or extend and rent.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo jul 20, 2022 6:45 pm

Rumours of Timber signing a new contract extension which includes a bump in salary. That would be amazing if true.

Apparently Lyon has made it's 3rd and final offer to Nico. Ajax I think has agreed on the fee with Lyon. Nico has had discussions with Schreuder and is having second thoughts of leaving.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jul 21, 2022 6:58 am

I am happy that Timber is staying for one last season, however, renewing his contract means only English premier league teams and PSG/Leipzig can afford him, I would love for him to go to Spain or Italy after this season, but they will be outpriced.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 29, 2022 11:28 am

Salah-Eddine has extended to 2025 and is loaned out to Twente for the season.Thought he would leave but clearly both sides think he has a future but a season on loan will be great for his development.

So just Timber to extend and of course Sky Vink the 16 year old youth striker to get a contract.

Only other Jong player to sort out is Hansen ,and like S-E I hope we extend his contract and loan him out as he still has potential,

PS Hansen and S-Eddine contracts ran to 2023.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr aug 05, 2022 3:59 pm

Great news about Salah Eddine!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 18, 2022 6:02 pm

Jurrien Timber has extended his contract by a year to 2025.Would love to have seen it to 2026 but if he does not leave next summer I would imagine Ajax will get him to extend to 2026 with another big salary increase.

I rate him better than Martinez and we must look to get 80m out of him if he has a good WC.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 31, 2022 2:09 pm

Still time for contracts as Ajax have signed 16 year old winger Kayden Wolff to June 2025.Joined from Volendam in 2021 and in the U17's . U18 striker Sky Vink seems to be the only other youth who should get a contract asap .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 22, 2022 8:35 pm

Spurs Dortmund and other sides are interested in Young Ajax goalie Charlie Setford, whose contract runs out in June.It does say Ajax are in talks with the player but no agreement as yet.He has an English father and plays Youth level for England so I see him ending up in the EPL in time .

He has only just got fit ,after being out injured since March ,and this will be the main reason Ajax have been slow in talks. Van Axel Dongen ,who has had a lot of injury over the past 2 years ,and Aertssen ,who has played regularly for Young this season, have contracts running out and need extensions.

Ajax do seem slow in extending contracts of 18 year olds and giving out contracts to youth ie 16 year old Sky Vink plays regularly for U18, although now out with a length injury.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 05, 2023 9:35 pm

Olivier Aertssen, 18 year old Young Ajax CD has agreed a new contract from June 2023 to June 2025 plus an option of a year.Good news he is probably the most advanced of the teenage defenders in Young ,along with Hato.

Hope we hear good news about Charlie Setford and V A Dongen soon on extending contracts. All quiet with Hansen and assume he will be sold this month.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di feb 21, 2023 8:06 pm

Although agreed back in early January Ajax confirmed today that Aertssen has extended to 2025 plus a year option.

Hope Ajax now pull their fingers out with other extensions and giving out contracts to youths.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma feb 27, 2023 8:17 pm

Good news that Ajax have finally contracted Skye Vink( son of Marciano) a striker with U18 but currently with a broken fibula.He signs to June 2025 and its back dated to 1st Dec 2022. He was 16 back in July and I did wonder why he did not start the season with a contract especially as he was in the U18.

Ajax have a lot of contract talk to get through in the next couple of months with youth players.

In U18 there are still 16 kids without contracts ,6 are overage with 5 of them getting plenty of playing time .

In U17 Jetten the LB is coming up 16 so must get a contract but he is the only player from 2007 playing, the others are all 17 this year and Ajax probably wont give away too many contracts. I only look at those who play for Orange U17 and Janse a LCD and Mf duo Appiah and Verkuijl should get contracts as they play U17 Int.

I posted a brief review of Young the other week and still no news on Charile Setford or V A Dongen.The fact they both started the other night does suggest they are in talks and looking to stay. Hansen ,who has turned down an extension, is just getting a few minutes as sub.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di feb 28, 2023 12:59 pm

Ajax have offered Pasveer another year as they want him as back up.Seems a good decision as he is still a decent experienced goalie. We have to wait and see what Ajax do with Gorter and Setford.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 14, 2023 8:39 pm

V A Dongen has said after last nights game he wants to stay at Ajax. Just read the so called Italian expert says Ajax has offered a contract to 2027 but no agreement as yet and there is still a gap between the parties. Seems like the Italian guy is just creating headlines for the sake of it .

All talks start with a gap between both sides and in this case V A Dongen has been injured on and off since he signed a contract back in 2020.If it was looking bad and he wanted to go he would not be currently starting for Jong Ajax.

No idea what is happening with Charlie Setford, read before Christmas there were talks but no agreement .

As I have posted before the club seem to be very slow with extending contracts and also giving new contracts to youths ie 16 U18 squad to be decided leave or contract and 5 or 6 U17 should get contracts.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 25, 2023 8:46 pm

Jong Ajax Danish forward Christian Rasmussen has extended his contract from 2024 to 2027 .Not sure he will make it and I would think that he, Regeer and Fitz-Jim will go out on loan next season as they need to play a season of Eredivisie football.

Meanwhile nothing on giving out new youth contracts. At Jong both Vos and Misehouy need to extend asap ,both run to 2024.

Seems like Charile Setford will leave nothing heard and he is not injured having missed the last 5 Jong games.V A Dongen injured again but may still stay .

The new TD has a lot of youth and Jong contracts to deal with as well as get rid of about 7 or 8 first teamers and getting a similar number of new ones.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 25, 2023 10:01 pm

I haven't heard anything about how Gorter is doing in Scotland Maybe Charlie Setford doesn't see a path forward at Ajax. Rulli is still young and if Gorter comes back as #2, Setford may be out.

One thing I'm concerned about with all the churn of people leaving is that the new TD doesn't forsake the Ajax history of promoting youth. Since he worked at Dortmund for several years who have the same approach as Ajax, I hopeful that will not be the case.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 26, 2023 11:31 am

Not clear what we are doing with our young goalies.Gorter I believe is doing ok at Aberdeen but seems like Pasveer will stay as our no 2. I did read that Tommy Setford may get promoted to Jong Ajax next season and he is rated better than Charlie.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 01, 2023 6:50 pm

Finally a youth contract,17 year old u17 MF and captain Mark Verkuijl signs to June 2025.Hopefully 2 or 3 more from u17 with Lucas Jetten not 16 until next month the main one to sign .He is a LB but has played at MF .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 03, 2023 8:23 pm

2 more U17 today ,MF Avery Appiah and striker Don-Angelo Konadu both to June 2025 and like Verkuijl starts 1st April 2023 .
From the youth experts on Showtime looks like Janse and Ugwu both CD have offers .Jetten nearly 16 will get signed as he is the best player in U17.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 15, 2023 11:42 am

Good news as Van Axel Dongen has agreed a contract to 2027.He has had a lot of injuries and growing pains but is a big talent.He has turned down interest from England and Germany so credit to the lad as he probably could have earned more in England.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mei 15, 2023 3:09 pm

I guess Setford is the only one who has not extended. The GK situation is still unclear with just Rulli and Pasveer guaranteed first team. I don't know if Gorter will make it.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 15, 2023 7:03 pm

Hansen also did not extend . I have read nothing about Charlie Setford but dont think he is injured and he has not played since the last Int break back in March.

Not sure Gorter has got much playing time at Aberdeen but he wont come back to be No 3 goalie. Still nothing on Steks as his contract is up next month .Surely he wont get another contract coming up 41.

PS.V A Dongen has now signed his new contract to 2027 and Ajax have confirmed he will be an official 1st teamer next season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 24, 2023 10:49 am

Good news about contract extensions with Young Ajax. Vos is near to agreeing an extension to 2027 having said he wants to stay. Charlie Setford,whose contract runs out next month, has decided to stay,having had interest from Spurs and Dortmund. Misehouy ,also contracted to 2024,is in talks about extending.

This is good news and youngsters are now realising they should not go too early abroad.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jun 08, 2023 5:46 pm

Charlie Setford has extended his contract till 2027!!

Plaats reactie