New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr sep 29, 2006 2:38 pm

Steef schreef:Random talent? The kid was the FIFA under-17 World Cup-MVP.
And that makes players that people don't know much about at the World Cup something special? Doesn't matter where they play, as long as they're noticed by scouts.
Get a Cock

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo okt 01, 2006 12:03 pm

Steef schreef:If Ajax had just signed Steven Defour....

yeah... because he has been so great as standard :whistling:

i very much like zoefdehaas' idea: freddy guarin might just be someone who could become an AJAX hero

he tackles like a bastard, can superbomb from distance, dribbles very well and hits both outlets/in-box targets with wonderful touch

a year or so down the road, a maduro/guarin/sneijder midfield would be diabolical
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Feest

Bericht door Feest » zo okt 01, 2006 12:35 pm

Guarin can't get a minute at St. Etienne. He has some talent, but he plays as if he were asleep.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo okt 01, 2006 3:58 pm

Steef schreef:Guarin can't get a minute at St. Etienne. He has some talent, but he plays as if he were asleep.

well which is it? can he not get a minute or does he play as if he was asleep? it
can't be both

besides, he has been there all of two months

Feest

Bericht door Feest » zo okt 01, 2006 4:08 pm

I've seen him many times with Colombia under-18/19/20/21. Next to that caught the few minutes he got at Boca.

He;s got something, but he is nowhere near a star player or Ajax-starting material (yet). He's defenitely no pitbull-player. Maybe in some computer game, but not in real life.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma okt 02, 2006 7:40 am

Steef schreef:I've seen him many times with Colombia under-18/19/20/21. Next to that caught the few minutes he got at Boca.

He;s got something, but he is nowhere near a star player or Ajax-starting material (yet). He's defenitely no pitbull-player. Maybe in some computer game, but not in real life.

no, he's not star material yet, i agree... but that "something" he has is very, very enticing

he didn't get a good rating on that computer game for nothing - if he can put it all together, he will be some kind of monster player

i've also had the chance to speak with him on a few occasions and i believe AJAX would be a fantastic environment for him

now that most of our top kids have reached at least a decent level of first team regularity (urby, wes, babel, vermaelen, maduro, etc.), i wouldn't mind having another "potential player" in the midfield - i sure do not want them in defense or attack right now! :xyxthumbs:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za okt 28, 2006 4:06 am

Hi guys I just woke up, I had a nice dream....Daniel De Ridder came back to Ajax at the end of the season. I dont see why not...Krohn-Delhi came back, also we have a different regime, and a different manager, it would be great, I would welcome the boy with open arms.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za okt 28, 2006 6:37 am

Sorry too burst your bubble my friend but with the way De Mul is playing and with Rosales at back up i see that almost impossible. De Ridder hasnt done much in Spain either.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Leonardo

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 14, 2006 12:35 pm

Henk ten Cate was interviewed in football talkshow Voetbal Insite yesterday evening and he admitted that he is interested in Leonardo, the little Brazilian forward of NAC Breda (and previously Feyenoord). Leonardo is available for 750,000 euros in January, but according to Johan Derksen, chief editor of Voetbal International magazine and anchor man of Voetbal Insite, Leonardo has already signed an agreement with Tottenham Hotspur. If everything goes as planned he wil get a Dutch passport in March. That would allow him to play in England.

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo nov 22, 2006 3:36 pm

it seems AJAX have invited the top US college striker, charlie davies of boston college, for a trial... this guy has big potential

Afbeelding

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » wo nov 22, 2006 9:41 pm

Here's a short "Charlie Davies to Ajax" story:

http://www.eurosport.com/football/nethe ... 5054.shtml

And here's a little more lengthy story about Davies turning pro, and the various options in front of him:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx ... 631eb01a93
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do nov 23, 2006 5:07 am

AjaxPDX schreef:Here's a short "Charlie Davies to Ajax" story:

http://www.eurosport.com/football/nethe ... 5054.shtml

And here's a little more lengthy story about Davies turning pro, and the various options in front of him:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx ... 631eb01a93
Hmmm interesting, i like the sound of it.

Is he a pure striker or more like a number 10 ??
BRING IT ON !!!!...

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » zo nov 26, 2006 6:54 pm

He's an out-and-out striker.

I know a guy who has seen him play. My cousin is a New England Revolution fan, the NER played Boston College in a pre-season friendly, and Davies scored twice against the pros. Greg (who'se a full-time professional soccer coach, btw) described Davies as 'freakin awesome'.

Somebody else I know online, described his as a 'pocket Drogba'. make of that what you will.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di nov 28, 2006 2:38 pm

not a rumour,but...

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 69,00.html

freddy adu for AJAX!!!! the only rational move!!!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di nov 28, 2006 3:55 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:not a rumour,but...

That would be a much better move for him than ManU or Chelsea, or any other EPL team.

I wouldn't mind seeing him at Ajax, obviously. Unfortunately, the allure of a "big" club might be too strong for him. He could easily stymie his career if he ends up at Chelsea where Shaun Wright-Phillips, who cost something like 20 million pounds, can't get playing time.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di nov 28, 2006 5:04 pm

aveslacker schreef:
bluedaddy19 schreef:not a rumour,but...

That would be a much better move for him than ManU or Chelsea, or any other EPL team.

I wouldn't mind seeing him at Ajax, obviously. Unfortunately, the allure of a "big" club might be too strong for him. He could easily stymie his career if he ends up at Chelsea where Shaun Wright-Phillips, who cost something like 20 million pounds, can't get playing time.
I would love too see him with ajax, but i really dont think he would fit in the "Ajax" system. Maybe he would be used as a left winger ala Manucharyan, but i dont know....I just dont see a palce for him in the team. Lets hope i´m wrong ;)
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma dec 04, 2006 9:30 pm

Dont laugh guys, but since we are struggling on the right wing, and need someone to keep pressure on de Mul. AZ said they will let Martijn Meerdink go in the january transfer, he is 30, I think we should snap him up for the short term. What do you all think?

dws

Bericht door dws » ma dec 04, 2006 11:14 pm

Ayman schreef:Dont laugh guys, but since we are struggling on the right wing, and need someone to keep pressure on de Mul. AZ said they will let Martijn Meerdink go in the january transfer, he is 30, I think we should snap him up for the short term. What do you all think?
He would be an improvement on what we have.

If only we had signed Julien Jenner ( a right winger who can cross the f*cking ball :yes: ). It also irritates me that Stein Huysegems signed for Feyenoord. Why no interest in him from Ajax?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Hansson/Sankoh

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 05, 2006 12:28 am

So, who would be a good replacement for Zdenek Grygera?

According to RTV Noord-Holland Ajax are interested in Petter Hansson (Heerenveen) and Gibril Sankoh (Groningen). I, for one, would most definitely prefer the latter! Fantastic player. I also like Kah of Roda JC, but Sankoh has impressed me each time I saw him in action.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Re: Hansson/Sankoh

Bericht door dws » di dec 05, 2006 12:39 am

Kowalczyk schreef:So, who would be a good replacement for Zdenek Grygera?

According to RTV Noord-Holland Ajax are interested in Petter Hansson (Heerenveen) and Gibril Sankoh (Groningen). I, for one, would most definitely prefer the latter! Fantastic player. I also like Kah of Roda JC, but Sankoh has impressed me each time I saw him in action.

K.
Kah and Sankoh are a couple of nasty big bastards :yes:. Would love to have either one sign for Ajax.

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » di dec 05, 2006 9:25 am

Afonso Alves (Heerenveen) have scored 15 goals so far this season. I know him as a very skilled attacking midfielder/forward from his time in Malmö FF and Sweden. Is he playing as mid/forward in Heerenveen? I like this guy!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 05, 2006 11:16 am

A third Laudrup at Ajax...?

Perhaps! Mads Laudrup, 17 year-old son of Michael, is currently on a try-out in Amsterdam in an attempt to win a contract. Real Madrid are also interested in landing the Danish youngster, but according to the reports his father would prefer to see him at Ajax (better chances over here).

K.
Still alive...

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Re: Hansson/Sankoh

Bericht door Jinne » di dec 05, 2006 11:22 am

Kowalczyk schreef:So, who would be a good replacement for Zdenek Grygera?

K.
Well, you missed a couple of games of Sankoh then this season. I agree that he looked quality last season, but this year he has been exposed a couple of times already by the likes of Leonardo and Fortune.

Kah is a lesser version of him. He's at his top at Roda JC in my opinion.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo dec 06, 2006 11:18 am

Kowalczyk schreef:A third Laudrup at Ajax...?

Perhaps! Mads Laudrup, 17 year-old son of Michael, is currently on a try-out in Amsterdam in an attempt to win a contract. Real Madrid are also interested in landing the Danish youngster, but according to the reports his father would prefer to see him at Ajax (better chances over here).

K.
If he's in a half as good as his father - let's buy him!!!!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do dec 07, 2006 12:08 am

dws schreef:
Ayman schreef:It also irritates me that Stein Huysegems signed for Feyenoord. Why no interest in him from Ajax?

i said we should grab him last year and Ko' laughed at me

Plaats reactie