New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mar 27, 2019 1:25 pm

The Pierie signing could be really big if Overmars can get him. I suspect he would immediately start next year with Blind moving to LB when Tagliafico leaves.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo mar 27, 2019 5:59 pm

bayern just signed hernandez for 80 million so this opens the door for a nico move to atletico. pierie would be a decent replacement

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » do apr 04, 2019 5:06 pm

it's official. marin for 12.5 million on a 5-year contract.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Welcome to Razvan Marin a Romanian MF from Standard Liege .Rated one of the best MF playing in Belgium.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 12, 2019 11:03 am

Kik Pierie about to sign a 5 year deal and we pay £4m . We still need to sign a quality CD to replace de Ligt.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr apr 12, 2019 12:33 pm

SPL schreef:Kik Pierie about to sign a 5 year deal and we pay £4m . We still need to sign a quality CD to replace de Ligt.
Lots of people rate Pierie highly and PSV were interested in him. I'm surprised that the price is so low.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » vr apr 12, 2019 1:35 pm

he had only a year left on his contract. looks like there is a sell percentage tagged on as well

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo apr 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Kik Pierie signing confirmed by Ajax.nl - https://www.ajax.nl/streams/actueel/kik ... r-ajax.htm

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo apr 24, 2019 4:49 pm

Kjell Scherpen signing has been confirmed by Ajax in this amazing video

I don't know if the fans are ever going to accept him since he used to be/is a Feyenoord fanboy. One of the most famous and similar examples is of Raul Gonzalez who grew up in the Athletico academy and ended up being one of the most successful Real players ever. I hope Ajax fans grow up and think about the bigger picture about being a big clud in Europe.

Having said all of this, I genuinely don't know if Scherpen is that good.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 24, 2019 7:06 pm

Amol schreef:Kjell Scherpen signing has been confirmed by Ajax in this amazing video
What does this mean for Varella who was brought over from Benfica? He was #1 choice for Benfica until this season. I can't remember if we have him on loan or not.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 24, 2019 7:13 pm

Varella on loan with the option to buy. If Onana stays as he has indicated I would assume we wont take Varella.

Anyway welcome Kjell.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo apr 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Amol schreef:Kjell Scherpen signing has been confirmed by Ajax in this amazing video
What does this mean for Varella who was brought over from Benfica? He was #1 choice for Benfica until this season. I can't remember if we have him on loan or not.
From what I've read so far, Scherpen will train with Ajax1, but will play in the Jong. Goal apparently is to have him ready in 2 years time.

To me this really signals the end for Lamprou and Van Leer. Like SPL said, Varela is on loan with an option to buy in the summer.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo apr 24, 2019 7:51 pm

odegaard rumored, not for the first time, to replace ziyech. 16 million quoted, i think we can get that down to 10. other interest from spain. i think he'll sign.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo apr 24, 2019 10:24 pm

kezme44 schreef:odegaard rumored, not for the first time, to replace ziyech. 16 million quoted, i think we can get that down to 10. other interest from spain. i think he'll sign.
He does seem to be playing better this year from the 2-3 games I've seen.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 24, 2019 11:22 pm

When we win the Champions League there will be interest from a lot of players to come to Amsterdam!!!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do apr 25, 2019 8:24 am

Scherpen presented by Van der Sar in an elementary school with a video joke.

TOP 10 | saves Kjell Scherpen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUavrflvTvc

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 10, 2019 7:20 pm

We are signing a 21 year old Argentinian Int left back cum CD called Lisandro Martinez for 7m euros. Seems a far better prospect than Magallan. Several of our Dutch pals on the other site posting they want Magallan out!

So for defence we still need another quality Cd if de Ligt goes. Veltman and Mazraoui to cover RB and Kristensen to go.

With Marin in and Frenkie out we only need to buy another MF if Donny goes. Gut feeling he will stay even if we win the title. If we dont win that title Donny wont leave until we do as his best mate Appie wanted that 34th title.

Up front depends on whether Neres and Ziyech go. We will need to buy another wide man even if those 2 stay. On Weds with Neres injured we had no wide man to bring in.Bande should be fit but will need time in Jong Ajax .

Finally striker. KJH a good back up and Traore coming through.How much longer do we keep Dolberg????

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr mei 10, 2019 8:21 pm

So Martinez is a backup to Tagliafico? A Pierie contender? A multi faced defender? Cause Blind stays as our left CB, Nico our LB, who is the new De Ligt? Is it Magallan?

Will Mazraoui play in the Schone position next year? Or will he be the RB? If Donny stays, the midfield will be... Marin, Donny and?

Too many questions!!!! hahaha
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 10, 2019 8:45 pm

just trying to take our minds off Weds night!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 10, 2019 8:48 pm

this is now the third Argentina player in the last couple of years. Maybe they see Ajax as the best jumping off point for a European career!!!

I'm a contrarian in that I think Kristensen has some ability to make an impact. He is very good going forward but his defending is questionable. Veltman was ready to leave last year but the knee injury made that transfer impossible. I don't know what value he has on the transfer market these days and whether he wants to leave. Blind was cruelly exposed the other night when Llorente posted up on him. Of course he never sees this in league matches. Perie is very good and is the future left center back. I really don't know about Schuurs. We also have some talent coming up through the youth ranks in center defense.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di mei 14, 2019 2:54 am

Apparently Overmars is trying to get Bergwijn from PSV! Damn! That's very audacious if true. Contact has been made with his management and Bergwijn himself is not against the move.

I'm sure PSV will charge us an arm and a leg and that would also mean that one out of Neres/Ziyech is going for sure.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di mei 14, 2019 10:53 am

Amol schreef:Apparently Overmars is trying to get Bergwijn from PSV! Damn! That's very audacious if true. Contact has been made with his management and Bergwijn himself is not against the move.

Steven Bergwijn and Abdelhak Nouri have the same management. Fulco van Kooperen and Nathan van Kooperen, two Dutch billionairs who run their office at the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam.

Bergwijn played all his youth at Ajax with Van de Beek, Nouri and Mazraoui and also the few years younger Matthijs de Ligt is one of his friends.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di mei 14, 2019 11:38 am

In The Telegraph Podcast today:

Steven Bergwijn says moving from PSV to Ajax is moving one level up:

http://www.soccernews.nl/news/580948/be ... jax-en-psv

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Amol schreef:Apparently Overmars is trying to get Bergwijn from PSV! Damn! That's very audacious if true. Contact has been made with his management and Bergwijn himself is not against the move.

I'm sure PSV will charge us an arm and a leg and that would also mean that one out of Neres/Ziyech is going for sure.
Price I've seen is €34M. Not sure he is worth that kind of money but if they can get €40M for Neres, it does make sense.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di mei 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Price I've seen is €34M. Not sure he is worth that kind of money but if they can get €40M for Neres, it does make sense.

These are just rumours like they come in and disappear of news websites every day.
Ajax has learned from overpaying for Sulejmani.

Marc Overmars will start with bidding at 12,5 M (or with not bidding at all, but with letting Bergwijn drop his wish is to play at Ajax instead of in a foreign country) ... and then let's see where the market will take us.

Plaats reactie