New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 20, 2006 12:01 pm

Re-posting...
Van basten schreef:What about Davids? Is there any chance to bring him home? He almost don't play in totenham, but i think he still could do some good job in ajax. he's a great leader and we need such a midfielder. for me personaly it would 2 times beter to bring davids than kanu to ajax. kanu would definetly be a bench player and yesterday we signed one bench player so we don't need another ;)
K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do dec 21, 2006 5:25 pm

Let's get MASCHERANO ffs, he's not doing anything at West Ham, so a loan or somthing may be possible, not like West Ham can do much.

Maybe get Tevez at the same time.
Get a Cock

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do dec 21, 2006 7:02 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Let's get MASCHERANO ffs, he's not doing anything at West Ham, so a loan or somthing may be possible, not like West Ham can do much.

Maybe get Tevez at the same time.
Juventus wants Mascherano badly, i heard that they offered 12m £ to West Ham, so if he will go somewhere from West Ham it probably will be Juve

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr dec 22, 2006 9:24 pm

I know we have a couple of Danes swinging by every once in a while... And otherwise, one of the Swedes perhaps?

http://www.bolddk.com/nyt/?vis=63977

What's the bottom line of this article? Does it say that Ajax are gonna sign Andreas Laudrup? I spoke to Ole Tobiasen the other day and he was absolutely raving about the kid... Said he's bloody brilliant.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr dec 22, 2006 9:55 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:I know we have a couple of Danes swinging by every once in a while... And otherwise, one of the Swedes perhaps?

What's the bottom line of this article? Does it say that Ajax are gonna sign Andreas Laudrup? I spoke to Ole Tobiasen the other day and he was absolutely raving about the kid... Said he's bloody brilliant.

K.
Basically says that Andreas Laudrup has been invited to another try-out training, which is like another step towards a contract to join our youth academy.
meh :|

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo dec 24, 2006 6:35 pm

we should think about buying another goalkeeper. Stekelenburg would be a wonderful second keeper, because now it's one of many our weak places

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo dec 24, 2006 8:05 pm

Van basten schreef:we should think about buying another goalkeeper. Stekelenburg would be a wonderful second keeper, because now it's one of many our weak places
Nope, Stekk aint Buffon but he`s reliable most of the time ;)
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo dec 24, 2006 8:05 pm

Van Basten said:
we should think about buying another goalkeeper. Stekelenburg would be a wonderful second keeper, because now it's one of many our weak places

Oh please the main problem lies in midfield, we need an anchorman, and we lack strength in depth in that department

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Belhadj?

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jan 04, 2007 8:09 am

According to French football paper L'Équipe Ajax are one of the clubs seriously interested in Belhadj, Algerian left fullback of French top flight outfit Sedan. PSV were reportedly after him as well, but the fee demanded by Sedan was too high for them.

Don't know the bloke, but we can use a real left fullback. All of our players who played at left fullback so far are actually midfielders (Urby, Vertonghen, Lindenbergh) or central defenders (Vermaelen, Grygera). We don't have a real one.

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jan 04, 2007 8:18 am

Kowalczyk said:
All of our players who played at left fullback so far are actually midfielders (Urby, Vertonghen, Lindenbergh)

Urby is a left back :yes: but we need a back up left back....

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jan 04, 2007 8:25 am

Ayman schreef:Urby is a left back :yes: but we need a back up left back....
I knew someone was going to say that, as it's a bit of an 'issue' these days, but he's originally a midfielder. Always played in midfield in all of his youth teams...

K.
Still alive...

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » do jan 04, 2007 8:55 am

Don't know the bloke, but we can use a real left fullback. All of our players who played at left fullback so far are actually midfielders (Urby, Vertonghen, Lindenbergh) or central defenders (Vermaelen, Grygera). We don't have a real one.
But its not a priority. We have much bigger problems than the left-back position. Reinforcements for our midfield, the ever so crucial part of the team (and also the weakest in ours...) will help remove a whole load of pressure from the defenders shoulders.

I knew someone was going to say that, as it's a bit of an 'issue' these days, but he's originally a midfielder. Always played in midfield in all of his youth teams...
So...? Edgar Davids played as a left-winger up front in all of his youth teams. And Reiziger on the right. I don't think David's 'discovery' as a midfielder negatively influenced his career...Emanuelson is a left fullback, or an (outer)leftmid in a four-player midfield, in my view.
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jan 04, 2007 3:17 pm

Not too long ago, I would have put wingers as the club's top priority, but with the return of Babel and de Mul's good form, I think this is less of a priority now. The club probably needs two more midfielders, one offensive-minded and one defensive-minded, and some defensive help on the flanks. I don't think it is a coincidence that in the recent 4-2 debacle, the first three goals conceded all came from crosses from the left flank.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do jan 04, 2007 7:38 pm

aveslacker schreef:Not too long ago, I would have put wingers as the club's top priority, but with the return of Babel and de Mul's good form, I think this is less of a priority now. The club probably needs two more midfielders, one offensive-minded and one defensive-minded, and some defensive help on the flanks. I don't think it is a coincidence that in the recent 4-2 debacle, the first three goals conceded all came from crosses from the left flank.
Are ajax still interested in Boutahar ?? I think he would serve us well as the ofensive minded midfielder.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » do jan 04, 2007 7:39 pm

Ajax was never interested in Boutahar.
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do jan 04, 2007 7:52 pm

Steef schreef:Nope. Ten Cate thinks Boutahar or a Boutahar-type could become his Deco-like player. If Ajax had just signed Steven Defour....
;) Bet its just a rumour anyways...
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Re: Belhadj?

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do jan 04, 2007 8:53 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:According to French football paper L'Équipe Ajax are one of the clubs seriously interested in Belhadj, Algerian left fullback of French top flight outfit Sedan. PSV were reportedly after him as well, but the fee demanded by Sedan was too high for them.

K.
Well i dont know anything about the guy....but i do know Sedan are dead last in "Le Championat". That cant be good :nooo:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr jan 05, 2007 12:13 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
Are ajax still interested in Boutahar ?? I think he would serve us well as the ofensive minded midfielder.
He's just signed a contract with Willem II as far as I know...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr jan 05, 2007 1:30 pm

We need a defensive midfielder, a centreback (who can take over from Grygera and eventually Stam) and a left back.

Paul McShane would make an excellent Ajax centreback, I think.

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » vr jan 05, 2007 3:18 pm

bryan schreef:We need a defensive midfielder, a centreback (who can take over from Grygera and eventually Stam) and a left back.

You're no fan of Urby?

En met niemand anders!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jan 05, 2007 3:50 pm

Bertje schreef:
bryan schreef:We need a defensive midfielder, a centreback (who can take over from Grygera and eventually Stam) and a left back.

You're no fan of Urby?
As a centerback? Am I missing something here?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » vr jan 05, 2007 3:58 pm

En met niemand anders!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jan 05, 2007 4:03 pm

Bertje schreef:

Ok, I guess I was missing something there.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr jan 05, 2007 7:27 pm

Urby is the business in left midfield. He's also brilliant at left back.

Unfortunately we can't clone him.

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » zo jan 07, 2007 12:13 pm

carcajou schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:I know we have a couple of Danes swinging by every once in a while... And otherwise, one of the Swedes perhaps?

K.
Basically says that Andreas Laudrup has been invited to another try-out training, which is like another step towards a contract to join our youth academy.
Someone called? (like a month ago I know, but work AND xmas - now there's a stress factor) . Andreas Laudrup has indeed been invited back to Ajax, he's a creative left-winger, resembles Michael, yada yada. Anyways, there are two quotes from Ajax- scout John Steen Olsen. The first one he confirms that the coaches, who followed Andreas during his first tryout, were overwhelmingly positive and they were very impressed of his on-pitch and off-pitch perfomance. The scout says he doesn't know what the exact plan is, before he has talked to Michael and Andreas when they return from holiday, but Ajax wants to invite Andreas back. John Steen Olsen further says that it is apperant that Andreas did not get his skills and appearance from strangers i.e. he resembles daddy. In the second quote he explains that a second tryout would give both Ajax and Andreas a chance to see, if the club would be the right fit for each other. He says that even though a player is a great talent, Ajax plays in a unique way (i.e. system) that requires the young player to fit in regardless of talent. That's appearantly what Ajax wants to confirm. John Steen Olsen further points out that it is importance that the player is comfertable in the club and happy with the conditions (facilities, city, living situation etc.). Finally, it is John Steen Olsen's impression that Andreas Laudrup's first tryout and interaction with Ajax has gone very well in all aspects.

It's worth noticing that Michael Laudrup is currently unemployed and living in Denmark. Most speculations are that he will coach abroad starting next summer (probably Spain). If so the family would have to move again, which would be a good time for Andreas to come to Ajax. Personally, I hope it will happen. Andreas Laudrup and Ajax seem like a good fit for each other. Btw, still waaay to early to tell, if he will reach the level of daddy, but Ajax would be a good start.

Plaats reactie