New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door SPL » di jun 23, 2009 7:30 pm

we need another striker as Cvitanich is always injured . Do not know whta he did but he got injured today 2nd day of training.

As for Elia I think we want him as Suarez will probably go. We just need 2 defenders .

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo jun 24, 2009 12:29 am

Ajax have also been linked with Honda from VVV. He's a Japanese playmaker but I don't what that means for Aissati
Get a Cock

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo jun 24, 2009 6:07 am

I just wanted to say that I'm quite clueless about that "Ajax" thing.

All I can contribute right now is "le football c'est fun, ron hon hon".

Also, hi guys.
meh :|

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo jun 24, 2009 10:55 am

Vi says an Ajax delegation is in Sweden (Euro U21 Tournament) to sign Marcus Berg.
They are also there to monitor Ivan Obradovic, a left-back from Partizan Belgade.

http://www.vi.nl/NieuwsItem/165699/Ajax ... neBerg.htm

Berg would be our three hundred and fourteenth (sic) attempt to sign a guy who does well in a provincial Dutch team in the hope that he can replicate it at the ArenA .... of which few have worked out.
Good news on strengthening the defence though.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo jun 24, 2009 1:58 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Ajax have also been linked with Honda from VVV. He's a Japanese playmaker but I don't what that means for Aissati

honda is a speedy crossing right winger
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » wo jun 24, 2009 2:20 pm

Eeeh, no. He is a midfield playmaker.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo jun 24, 2009 3:35 pm

I agree with the sentiments regarding Berg about buying another player who's performed well at another Eredivisie club. I think he's a quality player and would be a good signing, although again another player/position would strengthen the squad more.

We have a fairly young squad and I'd love to see players like Berg develop here, but it seems like it's either one bad year and they're gone (to another club or the bench), or they're sold in 2-3 years. I really think we'd have a quality squad if these signings were done with more of an eye on the long-term, but I guess that's not how the economics of football works these days.

That said, sign Obradovic! :ajaxsmiley.gif:
AFCA

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » wo jun 24, 2009 4:37 pm

I saw Ivan Obradovic on Sky TV the other night. He came on as a second-half substitute for Serbia and made quite an impact. The Serbs played much better with him. Very much an attacking defender.

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » wo jun 24, 2009 7:18 pm

But he also has an excellent tackle and is very fast.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » wo jun 24, 2009 9:45 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:That said, sign Obradovic! :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Yes, please!!! :blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif:
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

AjaxBergen

Bericht door AjaxBergen » wo jun 24, 2009 10:36 pm

Obradovic sounds like the best option at the moment, a talented defender is really needed. I would like to see a more experienced central defender as well though.

When it comes to Berg I think it would be interesting to seem him at Ajax, and think that he also will be signed this season. The problem is that we will pay way too much for him after his five goals in the U21 tournament though. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 79,00.html

The article also suggests that we are interested in Rosenborg's Skjelbred, a hard working central midfielder that previously has been linked to AC Milan and Newcastle (his favourite club). I think he would be interesting to see at a higher level, definetly a big talent. He have to warn about his nasty habit of vomiting on the pitch though, he has some problems keeping his food/drinks when he gets tired: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk_SxuNqTZ0

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 25, 2009 12:14 am

Not sure how many midfielders we want !!

Lindgren, Enoh, Anita, Gabri, Blind, Vertonghen, Donald, Van der Heijden, Sarpong, Sno, de Jong, Kennedy,Aissati . take away the 3 loanees who are not wanted and that leaves us with 13 midfielders out of 26 so yes I can see why we are looking to sign more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 25, 2009 12:15 am

Sorry meant to add Urby so that is 14 out of 26.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do jun 25, 2009 12:30 pm

De Dominee schreef:Eeeh, no. He is a midfield playmaker.

that's not his natural or best position... watch him play for japan if you get the chance, he is a holy terror on right wing for them
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do jun 25, 2009 9:19 pm

SPL schreef:Not sure how many midfielders we want !!

Lindgren, Enoh, Anita, Gabri, Blind, Vertonghen, Donald, Van der Heijden, Sarpong, Sno, de Jong, Kennedy,Aissati . take away the 3 loanees who are not wanted and that leaves us with 13 midfielders out of 26 so yes I can see why we are looking to sign more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can see where youre going but out off that bunch only Sarpong (unproven),De Jong (unproven), Kennedy (winger), Donald (way unproven) and Aissati (good player) are ofensive types... Skjelbred would add some creativity to our midfield....of course if we can unload all the garbage that is left.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jun 26, 2009 12:14 am

I should have added most of my list are defensive and last season with Aissati injured we did not have any experienced attacking midfielder.

I see Fiorentina are after Berg and Spurs Elia, well according to press but if they are I cannot see us buying either.

acab

Bericht door acab » vr jun 26, 2009 11:11 am

I know it's offtopic, but what going on in De Toekomst? Ajax in geheel gehuisvest op de Toekomst
http://ajaxinside.nl/items/lees/2744/Aj ... e-Toekomst
Can someone tell me what's all about?

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » vr jun 26, 2009 11:15 am

All of Ajax' personnel are being transferred to De Toekomst. Ajax will play in the ArenA, but all other affairs will be handled at De Toekomst.

acab

Bericht door acab » vr jun 26, 2009 11:20 am

Benji schreef:All of Ajax' personnel are being transferred to De Toekomst. Ajax will play in the ArenA, but all other affairs will be handled at De Toekomst.
OK, but WHY? You mean all the offices? ArenA and De Toekomst are just next to each other, right? Whats the point?

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » vr jun 26, 2009 11:29 am

Yes, everything (including offices) will be moved to De Toekomst. Since Ajax' move to the ArenA there has been a widespread feeling of there being two seperate divisions in one club, the proffesional (first team) division based in De ArenA and the youth division at De Toekomst. While the physical distance was in fact small (a 5-minute walk), the actual distance was immense.

acab

Bericht door acab » vr jun 26, 2009 11:42 am

Aha, i understand. But what will happen with the Ajax offices in the ArenA? I mean the rooms. And to have ALL the offices at De Toekomst (including president's) look to me like we are some second-disvision club. It's funny to manage such a big club from some barracs at De Toekomst.

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » vr jun 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Well, I will quote Miel Brinkhuis, Ajax' press chef:

'Our goal is to move the complete club Ajax to one location, preferably De Toekomst. It has been our wish for years. We have said now: the time for talking is over, now we'll work on it and realise it. It'll require a lot of building or rebuilding to accomodate for all office people. Only at days that the first team plays at home, people who have to work will move to the ArenA.'

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr jun 26, 2009 4:00 pm

Benji schreef:Well, I will quote Miel Brinkhuis, Ajax' press chef:

'Our goal is to move the complete club Ajax to one location, preferably De Toekomst. It has been our wish for years. We have said now: the time for talking is over, now we'll work on it and realise it. It'll require a lot of building or rebuilding to accomodate for all office people. Only at days that the first team plays at home, people who have to work will move to the ArenA.'
Well if they have many more seasons of failure then maybe De Toekomst will be large enough to house all the fans attending eredivisie matches :666.gif:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

acab

Bericht door acab » vr jun 26, 2009 11:41 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
Benji schreef:Well, I will quote Miel Brinkhuis, Ajax' press chef:

Well if they have many more seasons of failure then maybe De Toekomst will be large enough to house all the fans attending eredivisie matches :666.gif:
I was thinking exactly the same :biggrin.gif: :drecul.gif:

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » za jun 27, 2009 6:12 pm

acab schreef:Aha, i understand. But what will happen with the Ajax offices in the ArenA? I mean the rooms. And to have ALL the offices at De Toekomst (including president's) look to me like we are some second-disvision club. It's funny to manage such a big club from some barracs at De Toekomst.
Makes perfect sense to me - the ArenA does not belong to Ajax, the Toekomst does so why not make full use of facilities that belong to Ajax instead of paying rent on offices in a building owned by others. The museum, shop etc will still remain in the ArenA.

And if it means bringing the staff, playing and non playing, together as one club I cant see a problem either.

Could put the offices in North Amsterdam for all I care as long as the first team go and win the Eredivisie
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Plaats reactie