New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door SPL » za aug 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Biggest moan is selling players and having no replacements signed .We have got rid of 4 defenders before the end of July but in this last week have finally signed 2 inexperienced foreign kids.

Dolberg will go to Dortmund and Ziyech will also leave this week and we will buy Siem,always injured ,de Jong as cover.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 28, 2017 11:01 am

Siem de Jong is to sign for 3 years and we are thinking of signing Nigel de Jong.Oh dear !!

Tomy14

Bericht door Tomy14 » ma aug 28, 2017 3:59 pm

Is it too late to sign Zimmling back?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Siem has signed for 3 years 4m quoted by BBC . Why on earth do we want this injury prone concrete player back.He better not get in the side ahead of Frenkie ,that kid is going to be a different class to Siem.

I suppose this is Appie's replacement, fate really is against us. Only good news we aren't going to sign Nigel.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 28, 2017 7:31 pm

SPL schreef:Siem has signed for 3 years 4m quoted by BBC . Why on earth do we want this injury prone concrete player back.He better not get in the side ahead of Frenkie ,that kid is going to be a different class to Siem.

I suppose this is Appie's replacement, fate really is against us. Only good news we aren't going to sign Nigel.
To me, this is a replacement for Veltman. Don't call me crazy yet.

I was thinking about this the other day - if we let Veltman go, who would step up and be the captain of this team. I couldn't come up with a single player. So my hope is that we've signed him as a non-playing/occasionally playing captain.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 28, 2017 8:36 pm

This transfer of Siem de Jong is just stupid. I've posted enough about his shortcomings over the years and I don't see any reason to have him on the roster.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 29, 2017 11:32 am

Well Ajax have confirmed they only paid 2m euros for Siem. I did read this figure at the weekend and was surprised when BBC quoted 4m.Think Newcastle should have given us 2m to take him back.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di aug 29, 2017 12:27 pm

I don't mind having him in the squad. He probably won't play that much. 2M is worth it to bring home the guy who scored two goals in the 2011 'final' against Twente if you ask me, and we're not short on cash. He can tell all the kids stories about FdB's hungry lions videos!

Still wondering what the plan is for defensive MF... does no one else think we need one?

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di aug 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Tom_ schreef:Still wondering what the plan is for defensive MF... does no one else think we need one?
Isn't that what the Nigel de Jong talk is about?
Not sure he's the solution though....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di aug 29, 2017 8:23 pm

Well yeah, but Ajax said they didn't need him.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 31, 2017 8:43 pm

We have signed 2 from Ajax Cape Town Leo Thethani a right winger and Dean Solomons a CD both 18 and likely to join Jong Ajax.No fees quoted and they both sign to 2020 with another year option.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do sep 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Brazilain striker Danilo Pereira signed a 5 year contract today. His transfer had already gone through but he has just officially signed his contract today.Will play for our U19's and has already done so.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma dec 04, 2017 2:09 pm

According to De Telegraaf, we've apparently reached an agreement with KV Mechelen to sign a 19 year old winger named Bandé for 9.5 million.

I'm glad Overmars is working extra hard to solve our wingback issues. :blush.gif: :confused.gif: :rules.gif:

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » ma dec 04, 2017 4:26 pm

True. We could use a new defender or two, but with Cerny out and who knows Younes leaving in january, we could use a winger too. Neres and Kluivert doing well now, but they need to rest once in a while and there is bound to be injuries or suspensions. I think he actually played as a forward in Mechelen but I guess he can play as a winger too. 19 years, 13 appearances and 8 goals in the belgium top flight. The stats are not too bad. Then again 9,5 million isn't exactly peanuts for our club. Have to wait and see how this turns out.
"We're on a mission from God."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Talk of him not coming until the summer.Younes going in the summer and he is the replacement.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma dec 04, 2017 7:07 pm

King Litti schreef:True. We could use a new defender or two, but with Cerny out and who knows Younes leaving in january, we could use a winger too. Neres and Kluivert doing well now, but they need to rest once in a while and there is bound to be injuries or suspensions. I think he actually played as a forward in Mechelen but I guess he can play as a winger too. 19 years, 13 appearances and 8 goals in the belgium top flight. The stats are not too bad. Then again 9,5 million isn't exactly peanuts for our club. Have to wait and see how this turns out.
I'm not against this transfer, but our priorities should be higher for getting a new LB and re-signing Viergever. If De Ligt gets injured in the next couple weeks, we are toast for the next couple months.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 04, 2017 7:57 pm

We will have to wait and see how he turns out. Richarlison is the one we missed out on ,by dithering. Now highly rated by top EPL clubs.

We need a new left back and CD.Viergever has had no new contract offer so looks like he will leave for free in the summer. Why Overmars did not extend last summer is strange .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 07, 2017 1:03 pm

Following Bande (actually cost 8m euros plus add ons) we have now signed one of Holland's best defensive talents Perr Schuurs from Fortuna Sittard.An 18 year old CD and captain of Fortuna. He joins us on 1stJanuary for a contract to June 2022 but will stay at Fortuna until the end of this season.No fee mentioned but doubt it will be more than 5m !!

PSV and Liverpool both interested so this is a good signing especially as De Ligt could go to Barca next summer for 40m.

With Bande coming in the summer Younes will go but there is talk Kluivert will leave as Raiola is his agent .

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » do dec 07, 2017 1:08 pm

SPL schreef:Following Bande (actually cost 8m euros plus add ons) we have now signed one of Holland's best defensive talents Perr Schuurs from Fortuna Sittard.An 18 year old CD and captain of Fortuna. He joins us on 1stJanuary for a contract to June 2022 but will stay at Fortuna until the end of this season.No fee mentioned but doubt it will be more than 5m !!

PSV and Liverpool both interested so this is a good signing especially as De Ligt could go to Barca next summer for 40m.

With Bande coming in the summer Younes will go but there is talk Kluivert will leave as Raiola is his agent .
I just really hope that his dad has a word with him. Not only for our (Ajax's) sake, but for his as well.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 07, 2017 1:50 pm

100% agree with you on Kluivert and hope he stays but he has not yet agreed a contract extension, currently 2019,and Raiola is his agent which is usually bad news for us.

I would hope de Ligt stays another year ,not sure he feels he is ready for a big club in a big league yet. de Ligt Schuurs Wober as our 3 Cd next season with Viergever also as he can cover CD and LB.If we lose Viergever on a free we still need to go and buy a more experienced Cd as 3 teenagers are not enough and far too young if we are in Europe next season.

If Veltman leaves we will have Orejuela and Zeefuik , 2 more kids as RB. We do need to sign experience especially in defence.

We should have got a new winger to replace Younes in January but we must sign a left back in January.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do dec 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Great news about Perr Schuurs and the fact fact that we're loaning him back to Fortuna. That way he can spend another 6 months growing at his current club and not just sitting on the bench or playing Jong Ajax.

Is Overmars reading this forum? Marc - we need to sign a LB as well as Daley is injury prone and we don't have any cover if Viergever leaves.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do dec 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Ajax have signed Argentinian defender Lisandro Magallán from Boca Juniors as of summer 2018

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 14, 2017 8:14 pm

Magallan not yet agreed or confirmed .

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo dec 20, 2017 2:53 pm

According to @TuttoMercatoWeb, Ajax have reached an agreement on the transfer of Argentinian international Left back, Tagliafico for €4.5 million. The official announcement is expected within the next couple of hours.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo dec 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Ayman schreef:According to @TuttoMercatoWeb, Ajax have reached an agreement on the transfer of Argentinian international Left back, Tagliafico for €4.5 million. The official announcement is expected within the next couple of hours.
I really think Overmars is reading this thread :) .We asked for a LB a couple weeks ago and now we have a LB (to be confirmed of course).

Plaats reactie