New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door orange goblin » zo sep 01, 2013 10:27 pm

the dutch winger playing abroad we are interested in is nor labyad nor elia, but ex-twente ola john.
apparently the chance of a transfer is not so big as benfica has three injured players in his role.
as also the cuenca affair seem not to interest both parts (ajax and the player himself) I see only 2 options: no one coming or a panic buy.
jesus christ.
O tempora o mores

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo sep 01, 2013 11:27 pm

Speaking of Jesus Christ: according to the people of Studio Voetbal, Ajax discussed last week the case of Toivonen... They did not make an offer in the end. But still. Toivonen... :blackcat.gif: :excited.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma sep 02, 2013 8:57 am

orange goblin schreef:the dutch winger playing abroad we are interested in is nor labyad nor elia, but ex-twente ola john.
apparently the chance of a transfer is not so big as benfica has three injured players in his role.
as also the cuenca affair seem not to interest both parts (ajax and the player himself) I see only 2 options: no one coming or a panic buy.
jesus christ.
De Telegraaf is reporting that we approached Ola John/Benfica but were unsuccesful...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma sep 02, 2013 10:31 am

Yep. maybe another try today for Labyad.
I am pretty confident that nothing will happen today.
O tempora o mores

Pablo.V

Bericht door Pablo.V » ma sep 02, 2013 11:14 am

Why on earth we are getting the same situation each year again and again.
We all knew that Eriksen an Toby will leave. Why this always happens in the last 2 days of the transfer period.
We had all summer to find the replacements, money is no problem for sure right now.
Ok i get the transfer and the salary policy. But if you want to improve each year you need to buy better players if the youth doesn't
have any promising replacements.
We lost our best player an 2 important wingers from last season and without proper replacements we have nothing to look for in
Champions League and we will even struggle in the league.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 02, 2013 11:22 am

We bloody well missed out on picking up Kaka; Milan beat us out for him. I'm really disappointed in this turn of events as it certainly will doom our season now.

Of course the above statement is sarcasm but there is a hint of truth to it given the gloom and doom others are posting. The club has been very careful regarding bringing players in and it's too bad that van Ginkel went to Chelsea. I think there was some pressure from Vitesse for him to make that move otherwise their pipeline to cheap loan talent dries up. It was noted that van Ginkel wanted the move to Ajax. Too bad for him as the record of young Dutch players going abroad at an early stage isn't good. Maher has been struggling at PSV and subbed off in the last several matches; maybe FdB and the staff saw something in him that wasn't quite up to snuff.

Things will get sorted out and the team will make a solid impression this year.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma sep 02, 2013 11:45 am

one (big) ish rumour which has been banded about today, is Khalid Boulahrouz, as a possible replacement for Toby. 1.6m Euro.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma sep 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Orange14 schreef:We bloody well missed out on picking up Kaka; Milan beat us out for him. I'm really disappointed in this turn of events as it certainly will doom our season now.

Of course the above statement is sarcasm but there is a hint of truth to it given the gloom and doom others are posting. The club has been very careful regarding bringing players in and it's too bad that van Ginkel went to Chelsea. I think there was some pressure from Vitesse for him to make that move otherwise their pipeline to cheap loan talent dries up. It was noted that van Ginkel wanted the move to Ajax. Too bad for him as the record of young Dutch players going abroad at an early stage isn't good. Maher has been struggling at PSV and subbed off in the last several matches; maybe FdB and the staff saw something in him that wasn't quite up to snuff.

It's still a fair point though that have a track record of selling just before the window closes and are left scrambling for replacements that often don't materialize....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma sep 02, 2013 1:06 pm

I would be happy if Ajax sign Khalid Boularouz, he has a lot of experience in european football. Also I wish we could sign the two wingers on loan, Cuencu from Barcelona and Eljero Elia .

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Urby Emanuelson spotted at Schiphol Airport...

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma sep 02, 2013 1:36 pm

Oh no. Please no! Not Urby, He was a jinx in our side, I was so pleased to see him leave, I dont want him back, I want Elia, Cuencu and Boulahrouz

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » ma sep 02, 2013 1:42 pm

I would like to see Sergi Roberto if we loan anyone from Barca he's a good young midfielder and why not try for Afellay, that could be fun :) not sure about Boulahrouz or Urby but defensive cover is maybe needed i still think the team needs a good defensive midfielder, Poulsen and Schöne are not the answer for me
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma sep 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Urby Emanuelson spotted at Schiphol Airport...

K.
I have a theory about Urby being a jinx. We didn't win a single Eredivisie title when Urby was around.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma sep 02, 2013 1:51 pm

It's really frustrating losing players at the end of the transfer window but short of refusing to sell and being stuck with grumpy players there is nothing Ajax can do to stop it. I'm sure efforts were made to sign Maher and then van Ginkel (and Ola John) but the club is not going to shell out €8M for a single player any more, and we have to accept that when a star leaves we will not see them immediately replaced with another star.

It's more worrying how badly we've been playing. The midfield has had an awful start, Fischer is out of form and Bojan doesn't look very special so far. Although we are going to miss Eriksen, he played in two games where we dropped points and in our awful game at home to Feyenoord, so you can't say our bad start is just down to a depleted squad.

Anyway I don't think we're as badly off as it looks. Over the course of a season, if we dropped points in games away at Heerenveen, Groningen and AZ we wouldn't say that was a disaster. Yes, they are games we would like to win, but they are tougher than a home fixture against Roda JC and it happens that we had a few tougher games right at the start of the season.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma sep 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Orange14 schreef:We bloody well missed out on picking up Kaka; Milan beat us out for him. I'm really disappointed in this turn of events as it certainly will doom our season now.

^^^ This.

I know being a member of the Ajax publiek means that you can only (maybe) be satisfied with a stylish 4-0 demolition of Chelsea in the CL final, but in reality, things are very good at our club right now, considering the state of modern voetbal. After a long drought and a period of financial/personnel incompetence, our finances are in order, our youth academy is producing players, and we've won three Eredivisie titles in a row.

We may not win the title this year (although I'm not betting against us) but we will play well, we will play the game in the Ajax style, and we will be financially sound. I'm ok with us not winning the title if all the other stuff comes into place.

A few years ago, there was no hope at the club. Adrie Koster was our coach, for fuck's sake. We were blowing money on the likes of Sulejmani.

Look at us today. There's a lot more reason to believe that, even if we stumble from time to time, our success is much more sustainable than it has been in over a decade.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma sep 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
It's still a fair point though that have a track record of selling just before the window closes and are left scrambling for replacements that often don't materialize....
I think that's just the modern game. One big signing creates a domino effect throughout Europe. Those big signings always seem to be drawn out and take right up until the last minute. Since we are a club that is known to have young (and therefore relatively cheap) talent, it's only natural that a club like Spurs that has just lost a key player late in the game will come knocking on our door.

I don't think there's anything to do about it, except for have a list of replacements ready.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Pablo.V

Bericht door Pablo.V » ma sep 02, 2013 2:42 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Manneken Pis schreef:
I think that's just the modern game. One big signing creates a domino effect throughout Europe. Those big signings always seem to be drawn out and take right up until the last minute. Since we are a club that is known to have young (and therefore relatively cheap) talent, it's only natural that a club like Spurs that has just lost a key player late in the game will come knocking on our door.

I don't think there's anything to do about it, except for have a list of replacements ready.
No, there is actually something that we can do, play it hard to get.
I mean if a club approaches us 2 days before the the transfer deadline and want's to buy our best player, even if he have a contract for only 1 year the price tag should be 30m minimum. Why are we selling our best players for small amounts??????? Every one else are doing the exact opposite. Why Spurs payed 30m for Lamela and only 13m for eriksen(21 years old talent,full Danish international)????

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 02, 2013 3:08 pm

If we had said no to Spurs an unhappy Christian may have decided to say he was not going to extend his contract and we would then be faced with putting him in the Jong Ajax until January and then letting him go for say 2m.

We clearly seem to have settled for Duarte to be signed once Christian went but suddenly this weekend trying to panic sign a winger is clearly poor management.Babel, Lukoki Boerrigter have gone and we have Fischer and Bojan neither are real wingers with Sana the only real winger left . We should have signed a winger weeks ago instead we are looking at Labyad and John neither of whom have done anything abroad but will be on alot more money than our limits.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma sep 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Found this on Twitter :Negotiations between Ajax and Werder Bremen over Eljero Elia at an advanced stage according to Fox Sports.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma sep 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Alos this tweet from Mike Verweij (De Telegraf ?) : #Ajax onderhandelt op dit moment met zaakwaarnemer @ELJERO11ELIA Rodger Linse. Speler Werder Bremen moet nieuwe buitenspeler worden.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma sep 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Also this tweet from Mike Verweij (De Telegraf ?) : #Ajax onderhandelt op dit moment met zaakwaarnemer @ELJERO11ELIA Rodger Linse. Speler Werder Bremen moet nieuwe buitenspeler worden.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma sep 02, 2013 6:05 pm

I'd be quite happy with elia

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma sep 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet - but ajax.nl is now confirming Duarte's purchase.

This kid is shorter than Overmars!?!?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Amol schreef:Not sure if anyone has posted this yet - but ajax.nl is now confirming Duarte's purchase.

This kid is shorter than Overmars!?!?
but taller than Serero! It's amazing that every team we face in the league is taller on average per player than Ajax. :confused.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma sep 02, 2013 6:23 pm

So how much did he cost for us?

Plaats reactie