New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door orange goblin » wo aug 04, 2010 9:23 pm

the first, a RW, was already on trial in the van basten era, toghether with the so named "terror" fanteni
O tempora o mores

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » do aug 05, 2010 11:54 am

There may be one player more on a trial. 17-year old Ryo Miyaichi from Japan. A striker.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do aug 05, 2010 1:10 pm

some reports suggests he is followed also by arsenal. who knows.....
O tempora o mores

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do aug 05, 2010 2:06 pm

He had a one week trial at Arsenal already. Some of their fans are already worried about losing him to us.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 05, 2010 8:19 pm

He probably will have a problem getting a work permit at Arsenal

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do aug 05, 2010 9:45 pm

That's what they were saying. But how do they manage to get kids from Africa and South America then?

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do aug 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Amol schreef:That's what they were saying. But how do they manage to get kids from Africa and South America then?
Most of the kids Arsenal (or any English team) sign have EU passports which means they don't need a work permit. I don't really follow the Premier League (though that will change for one season at least) so can't give any examples but that's usually how it works.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 05, 2010 10:23 pm

The S American kids get loaned out to Spain for 2 or 3years . They used to loan Africans to Beveren in Belgium but they do not have any at present . If this kid signs then he can look forward to 2 or3 years somewhere on loan in Europe . What a way to run a club ie get kids from outside Europe , promise them the earth and dump them in some small European team.Some where along the way they must learn French for when they finally get to London !!!!!!!

At least if he comes to Ajax he stays here and will be developed in Amsterdam . If he really is a talent
I hope he sees sense and joins Ajax .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 06, 2010 12:50 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:
Amol schreef:That's what they were saying. But how do they manage to get kids from Africa and South America then?
Most of the kids Arsenal (or any English team) sign have EU passports which means they don't need a work permit. I don't really follow the Premier League (though that will change for one season at least) so can't give any examples but that's usually how it works.
A lot of the African players come from former French colonies. I don't know the ins and outs of the immigration laws but maybe they qualify for EU passports.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr aug 06, 2010 7:02 am

Orange14 schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:
A lot of the African players come from former French colonies. I don't know the ins and outs of the immigration laws but maybe they qualify for EU passports.
Yes, that as well - "French" players especially at Arsenal of course. It works in the same way with the Latin Americans often managing to obtain Spanish or Portuguese passports.

SPL is right too that players are often "loaned" overseas until they qualify better to stay in the UK.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Bertrand
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bertrand » vr aug 06, 2010 9:42 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/fbgb/teams/ars/roster

Actually if you look at that list there aren't so many players coming from outside the EU.

Arshavin, Vela, Eboue, Cruise, Djourou, Song and that's it.

And actually, I'm not sure but I think Russian players are not taken into account, are they? On top of that, Cruise and Djourou look like they're never playing anyway (probably Arsenal Youth Team players).

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 06, 2010 10:48 am

Just to finish on Arsenal before Ko tells us off.

Arsharvin is an international and had no problem. Cruise is English and Djourou Swiss . Song had been
playing in France when signed so those 3 have no problems. Vela, Mexican spent 3 years in Spain on loan and Eboue spent 3 years with Beveren .They are mainly signing EU players these days.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 06, 2010 11:08 am

Back to new signings we now have El Hamdouai as our only forward for Sunday with Suk Bodul and Zeegelaar not good enough and Suarez the only other forward . We need 3 new players .A real left winger a right winger and another central striker. Trouble is we have no money and no sign of getting any transfer money.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr aug 06, 2010 12:48 pm

I am afraid we won't see 3 new signings, although I completely agree we would need 2 wingers if we won't go with zeegelaar. maybe we'll able to sign 2 new guys: de ridder and someone as CF (is it really over with the Egyptian?)

curious fact is that de ridder is in the squad list according to uefa! even with a shirt number which is the only one left as today... see by yourself! pretty strange.

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/tea ... index.html

(uhm: and where are suk and bonevacia? and why vd heijden is still there? in one word: WTF?)

UPDATE 14.02: for those who read dutch, it seems that it's uefa fault 'cause there is still no agreement between de ridder and the club. so, how the f*ck can happen something like this?
http://www.nu.nl/sport/2307397/uefa-in- ... idder.html
O tempora o mores

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr aug 06, 2010 1:33 pm

SPL schreef:I have to make it this season no more excuses.
Well if you do, am more than willing to buy you a beer too

Am not just a grumpy Scottish git - eh actually I am :ajaxsmiley.gif:
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za aug 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Too be honest Ajax should focus on beefing up the defense rather then the attack. M'Bengue (left back) and boulharouz would both be good additions.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za aug 07, 2010 1:08 pm

With sulejmani left we have to focus on the attack, although you are right with our defense.
We have only el hamdaoui and suk at CF and suarez, emanuelson as (not so proper) wingers. as SPL said, we need 2 or maybe 3 new singings. and we need them as free agents, I'm afraid.
I know that reality is not like Football Manager, but I try to suggest: Boro realased the old mate Mido and Marvin Emnes (winger and dutch): why not going for them?
another good free agent for the flanks is ahmed namouchi, the tunisian ex-Rangers.
Ko, you are in touch with the Ajax-world! suggest them!!! :biggthumpup.gif:
there are always the options de ridder-leonardo, although I'm not crazy about them but some reports state that talkings are not over so I take notice.
O tempora o mores

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za aug 07, 2010 1:34 pm

With sulejmani left we have to focus on the attack, although you are right with our defense.
We have only el hamdaoui and suk at CF and suarez, emanuelson as (not so proper) wingers. as SPL said, we need 2 or maybe 3 new singings. and we need them as free agents, I'm afraid.
I know that reality is not like Football Manager, but I try to suggest: Boro realased the old mate Mido and Marvin Emnes (winger and dutch): why not going for them?
another good free agent for the flanks is ahmed namouchi, the tunisian ex-Rangers.
Ko, you are in touch with the Ajax-world! suggest them!!!
there are always the options de ridder-leonardo, although I'm not crazy about them but some reports state that talkings are not over so I take notice.

Dude you are forgetting we have Christian Eriksen he is very promising and also Niclas Lodeiro can play on the wings even tho he is a number 10. We also have Zeegelaar as a winger. as a striker, not only hamdoui and Suk, but Bodul and Castillion coming throught the ranks. Although I would like to sign Roy Beerens.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za aug 07, 2010 2:12 pm

Ayman, I know, but I'm not forgetting anyone believe me. Fact is that bodul and castillion in this moment are no way near to a spot in the first team. I rate very much zeegelaar, but just yesterday Jol stated "we have only urby for the left wing", so I have to assume that also the good marvin according to our coach is not ready for a stable first team action.
as for lodeiro and eriksen, I would love to see them both on the pitch. maybe the first can do it at left wing, he did it in his home country, but the second is no winger at all and I don't like when he is fielded there. he is more useful when he builds an action, more than finishing it with a cross or a shot. he is born to do it.
anyway my thoughts are based only on the fact that jol stated "we should need two wingers", otherwise I would have assumed that a replacement for rommedahl was enough. and beerens, you are right, is top! that's it. :ajaxscarf.gif:

EDIT: I have to admit that I did not expect bodul in the first team. he's in the squad for tomorrow match with groningen: my excuses.....
O tempora o mores

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Beehrens is having a great first half against PSV. Too bad he's not with us!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 09, 2010 2:09 pm

Apparently we are looking at Ooijer as cover for the starting CBs. His contract ran out with PSV last year. Hopefully they don't overpay him on salary.

Don't know what to think of this yet but he did play pretty well against Brazil at 10 minutes' notice.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma aug 09, 2010 2:26 pm

He could well be the tough guy we need as CD ...
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Amol schreef:Apparently we are looking at Ooijer as cover for the starting CBs. His contract ran out with PSV last year. Hopefully they don't overpay him on salary.

Don't know what to think of this yet but he did play pretty well against Brazil at 10 minutes' notice.
I thought he is playing in Malta with some other "old" Dutchies.

Think14
Contacteer:

Bericht door Think14 » ma aug 09, 2010 3:20 pm

the right wing problem is getting frustrated. Beerens sounds like the best solution by far, if we can scrounge up the cash....

www.think14.squarespace.com

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma aug 09, 2010 3:28 pm

slovakian report says we are showing interest in young man city winger weiss
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Plaats reactie