Vurnon Anita

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Vurnon Anita

Bericht door orange goblin » ma mar 20, 2006 12:41 pm

So the guy who are all talking about has made is debut....
Is it true he is the youngest to make it in Ajax-1 together with Seedorf?
And in your opinion he and Sarpong will be in the squad next year?
O tempora o mores

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

orange goblin schreef:Is it true he is the youngest to make it in Ajax-1 together with Seedorf?
Yes. There is a report on VI.nl saying that Seedorf was the youngest ever (16 years, 7 months, 28 days). Anita was 16 years, 11 months and 15 days yesterday, which makes him the second youngest. Number three is the pretty much forgotten Richard Sneekes (whom I remember very clearly though) who made his début at De Meer back in 1985 at 16 years, 11 months and 27 days.
And in your opinion he and Sarpong will be in the squad next year?
Sarpong will be, for sure. Perhaps Anita will start the season with Young Ajax, though. I mean: age-wise he's still a B-junior. He's the youngest in the A1, let alone in Young Ajax, let alone in the first team...

But I am convinced that Sarpong and Anita will make it and become starters for Ajax-1. Which is more than I can say for Timisela, Schilder and Boakye. Can't see them really making it any time soon. Anita and Sarpong have something extra. Anita wasn't great yesterday, but he seemed very confident, almost like Clarence Seedorf at the time. He coached team-mates and was giving them 'instructions', too.

(There's only one Johan Cruyff, though: he was almost immediately an extremely confident and mouthy kid in the dressing-room, telling the old hands how to play football, how to park their cars, how to tie their shoes, how to play billiards at the players' home and how to screw the cap off a bottle of water correctly... :D )

The next ones should be a couple of wingers from De Toekomst: Derk Boerrigter and Johnny Goossens.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mar 20, 2006 2:50 pm

Let's hope he's not as much of a wanker as Seedorf.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma mar 20, 2006 4:10 pm

Guess only time will tell, but it is very conforting to know that we are safe in midfield. :yes:

By the way i've been absent for a while, computer's been fucked.

BUT IM BACK !!!!!!!!! :xyxthumbs: ;)
BRING IT ON !!!!...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mar 20, 2006 7:10 pm

Welcome back!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » ma mar 20, 2006 7:25 pm

bienvenido de vuelta Venezuelan Ajacied :headbang:
I couldn't see yesterday's game but I was intrigued by where Anita played on the field. Could somebody tell me where he plays exactly? I saw him in the U17 world cup and he was an offensive player and yesterday I believe he played on a different role so I'm a bit confused. Anyway its good to have a young guy that comes from our youth academy make it to the first team but I'm looking forward for Boerrigter :xyxthumbs:

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma mar 20, 2006 10:17 pm

aveslacker schreef:Let's hope he's not as much of a wanker as Seedorf.
But if he's half a good a footballer we are in luck.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 04, 2007 1:06 pm

Now officially a first teamer!

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Re: Vurnon Anita

Bericht door SPL » di nov 24, 2009 12:50 pm

He has signed a new 3 year contract to 2012. This is abit odd in that his old contract went to 2011 I would have thought any new contract would go to 2013 ! As it is he we will be looking to renew again in about a years time.Mind it is not on the Ajax OS yet.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 30, 2010 11:01 am

Vurnon Anita's injury is not as bad as it may have seemed on the night.

He collided with Zambrotta and had to be brought to a hospital immediately. It was feared that he had broken his fibula. X-rays were taken at the V.U. Hospital during the second half of Ajax v Milan and the outcome was positive: no fracture but an internal bruise, just below the knee. This will keep him sidelined for "a couple of weeks", according to a report in De Telegraaf. Anita himself is quoted saying that he's expecting to be back in two weeks' time.

I like Anita, by the way. He's taking a lot of stick for no good reason (cos he's tiny, basically), but I couldn't really think of a better left fullback in the Eredivisie at the moment. I think he does well (most of the time anyway).

K.
Still alive...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do sep 30, 2010 1:03 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: I like Anita, by the way. He's taking a lot of stick for no good reason (cos he's tiny, basically), but I couldn't really think of a better left fullback in the Eredivisie at the moment. I think he does well (most of the time anyway).

K.
I fully agree with you and think it's a shame that he doesn't get full credit. I just checked and it's interesting that Anita is listed at 1.65 m tall and one of the great left backs of all time, Roberto Carlos is listed at 1.68 m; enough said about height. :smile-ajax.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di okt 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Hmmm I find him to be very average. His positioning isn't always good and he doesn't know how to make up for his lack of height. He does make a few good runs, but I prefer Urby as a left back. For me, I know this sounds douchey, but this injury is blessing in disguise.
Get a Cock

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di okt 05, 2010 2:31 pm

But we're 0-1-1 in the league since Anita got injured.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di okt 05, 2010 9:04 pm

You can't pin one loss all on Anita's absence. For me, Urby was one of the more decent players against Utrecht.
Sure Anita has done well, but I feel like he's been the weaklink in our usually solid defense. He should either step up his game or Ajax should get a new leftback.
Get a Cock

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di okt 05, 2010 11:40 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:You can't pin one loss all on Anita's absence. For me, Urby was one of the more decent players against Utrecht.
Sure Anita has done well, but I feel like he's been the weaklink in our usually solid defense. He should either step up his game or Ajax should get a new leftback.
Most of the poor play that has led to goals is a result of poor play on the part of the midfielders who did not cover their men properly, leaving Stekelenburg isolated against a striker or attacking midfielder. Anita has done a respectable job which is why he was called up by BvM for the NT in these qualifiers (unfortunately will miss due to injury). Urby could be a decent left back but he zones out of matches with regularity leading to mistakes in coverage. Anita has only been in the position for a couple of years and I think he can be a good fullback height not withstanding.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo okt 06, 2010 12:09 am

Anita has only played left back for a year and for a right footed defensive midfielder he is doing ok . Would agree a lot of goals have come from poor play from midfield not covering their men . I am not impressed with our midfielders this season but this is about the little man . He has been picked for the NT already .

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo okt 06, 2010 3:45 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:You can't pin one loss all on Anita's absence. For me, Urby was one of the more decent players against Utrecht.
I didn't get to see the Utrecht game, so I can't comment on the play.

Anita got converted to LB last year. Last year, he showed great vision and was able to hit balls over the top of defenders on to an on-rushing De Jong, Suarez and Pantelic. I always get the sense that Anita figures out when he's made a mistake and most times can make a tackle to overcome it. Urby keeps zoning out of games/losing the player he's marking/missing headers... when he's playing LB.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Vurnon Anita will not be suspended for the red card he picked up against Excelsior.

Card has been dropped.

What a surprise. Thanks, Mr Wegereef, you f**king tit.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Good for Vurnon but Ajax should be entitled to have the other 63 mins replayed starting at 0-0 .

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di okt 26, 2010 8:39 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Vurnon Anita will not be suspended for the red card he picked up against Excelsior.

Card has been dropped.

What a surprise. Thanks, Mr Wegereef, you f**king tit.

K.
Is it just my imagination, or are the refs in the Eredivisie really really bad?
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 12, 2012 9:41 am

Still alive...

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do jul 12, 2012 10:41 am

Newcastle Chronicle is talking bullshit!

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » di jul 17, 2012 1:33 pm

I suspect the transfer is heavily dependent on whether Cabaye leaves St James's Park.
If he does, Vurnon will go ... .
AJACIED

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma aug 13, 2012 8:40 am

Anita signs a 5 years contract with Newcastle for 8.5 M€. Tough.
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma aug 13, 2012 9:56 am

Fuck.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Gesloten