Eredivisie play-offs

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 19, 2007 2:48 pm

I hate everything about it. It undermines the value of the actual league, which has now become a 34-match preliminary round.

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » do jul 19, 2007 2:50 pm

In which almost all the clubs have something to play for until the last day. Which was quite different in the years before! And the prelimary round is very important off course; you have to qualify!
I think I lost my fucking headache

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jul 19, 2007 8:47 pm

Well I'm not a fan of the play-offs at all but I just love this quote..."Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) competition affairs manager Bert van Oostveen told uefa.com: "Our experiences with the play-offs are positive. It is because of the play-offs that the regular Eredivisie season, this season like last season, has been exciting until the final day"

Nothing to do with PSV/Ajax/AZ Alkmaar being in a three way tie for the championship right up to the last game (AZ) and last 15 minutes of the season (PSV/Ajax) then :aai.gif: Pure theatre that quote.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do jul 19, 2007 10:03 pm

I read that article a few days ago and checked regularly if it was translated in French. So far, my fellow countrymen did not have the chance to read this piece of bullshit and I'm glad that this propaganda was not translated in every language...

This 'system' is pure non-sense and has nothing to do with football. Anyway, if after 30 games or something you have nothing left to play, either you're crap (Ajax 2005-2006), or you're way better than the others so can you can play in higher level. Point.

But hey, if the KNVB wants to send crap teams in Europe, they will have to think how to adapt their system when they're will be only one ticket left for the CL...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do jul 19, 2007 10:50 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:Well I'm not a fan of the play-offs at all but I just love this quote..."Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) competition affairs manager Bert van Oostveen told uefa.com: "Our experiences with the play-offs are positive. It is because of the play-offs that the regular Eredivisie season, this season like last season, has been exciting until the final day"

Nothing to do with PSV/Ajax/AZ Alkmaar being in a three way tie for the championship right up to the last game (AZ) and last 15 minutes of the season (PSV/Ajax) then :aai.gif: Pure theatre that quote.
Exactly

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 25, 2008 4:04 pm

Great news!

The post-season Eredivisie play-offs for a slot in the third qualfying round of the Champions League will be abandoned next season. All of the 18 Eredivisie clubs were against the current system - so the KNVB had no other option than to give them what they wanted.

The new system:

Champions: direct CL qualification
Runners-up: CL qualifiers
#3 and #4: direct UEFA Cup qualification
#5 to #8: play-offs (best-of-3 formula) for the one remaining UEFA Cup slot

That makes much more sense. I'm very pleased with this decision. Too bad we still have to play those f*&$%ing play-offs this year... Oh well, let's just make sure that Ajax won all three editions!

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr apr 25, 2008 5:53 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Great news!

The post-season Eredivisie play-offs for a slot in the third qualfying round of the Champions League will be abandoned next season. All of the 18 Eredivisie clubs were against the current system - so the KNVB had no other option than to give them what they wanted.

The new system:

That makes much more sense. I'm very pleased with this decision. Too bad we still have to play those f*&$%ing play-offs this year... Oh well, let's just make sure that Ajax won all three editions!

K.
Watch us finish third next year. :headbang.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

peter
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2006, EC 2008

Bericht door peter » vr apr 25, 2008 6:06 pm

Hehe. No I'm really confident that we finish first. For sure.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » vr apr 25, 2008 6:24 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Great news!

The new system:

K.
Watch us finish third next year. :headbang.gif:
Yeah, thats the first thought which came to my head :smallgrin.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr apr 25, 2008 8:43 pm

Peter schreef:Hehe. No I'm really confident that we finish first. For sure.
That would be nice for a fucking change. :anew.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » wo apr 30, 2008 10:38 am

If we'll overcome Heerenveen, our final oponent will be Twente. They solved all their problem in first game against NAC (3-0)

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za mei 03, 2008 8:30 pm

Twente scares me. They crashed NAC again, 5-1 this time. :dissapprove.gif:

Plaats reactie