Ajax Finances

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » ma mar 06, 2006 8:31 pm

I just downloaded the Deloitte Football Money League Report and makes very interesting reading. Ajax also trail behind the likes of Bolton Wanderers, Middlesborough, Leverkeusen in terms of revenue. In fact Bolton in 2004/5 had Eur 12m more revenue than Ajax, which I find absolutely astonishing but true.

Looking at the 2003/4 and 2004/5 Ajax financial statements, in both these years Ajax generated approximately 50% of their revenue from gate receipts. Of the 25 top earners mentioned in the report only Celtic at 51% relied so heavily on gate receipts. To me this is a very worrying thing for Ajax and shows the over reliance on this particular revenue stream - if Ajax on the field are not successful then obviously the 40,000+ number of season ticket holders will reduce thus reducing the main level of this income stream. Looking around the Arena at recent games it is quite obvious that of the 7 to 8,000 tickets available for sale to the public / club card holders these are not selling. So a poor season could have a very bad impact on revenue the next year, thus cutting budgets.

The other interesting thing in the report is revenue from broadcasting - it definitely highlights the difference in amounts being paid in the major European leagues such as England, Italy, Germany and Spain compared to what Ajax receive in the Netherlands. Nearly all of the top 20 clubs in this financial league earn about 30-40% of revenue in tv rights compared to the 12% Ajax rely on of total revenue. Ajax's Eur 8m for broadcasting falls way short of the Eur 17m Schalke make and the Eur 25m made by Celtic.

Was quite intersting to look at this, well maybe not

:D
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do mar 09, 2006 11:04 am

jamcocteau schreef:any chance of posting a link to this please -would like to have a look in more detail at the figures as I assume these are based on the interim results for the financial year 2006/7.
not much more there :

http://www.boursorama.com/profil/profil ... le=1rAAJAX

http://www.boursorama.com/profil/profil ... le=1rAAJAX
Appie, stay strong !

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do mar 09, 2006 9:19 pm

Re: Revenue streams (oh yeah you got me going =))

You could also say that the mere 12% of revenues coming from tv isn't all that bad. The tv-rights may just be a bubble given the explosion it has had the last couple of years. I wonder if not a club with Ajax's history and low audience competition (re live football in Amsterdam) is more "secure" with revenue streams from that side rather than from tv.

Well.

Perhaps we shpuld share thoughts on Ajax financials over a beer when no one else needs to read or listen :D
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 09, 2006 9:32 pm

Per schreef:Perhaps we shpuld share thoughts on Ajax financials over a beer when no one else needs to read or listen :D
No! Do it here! That's what this thread is for and I actually find it very interesting (I'm just not replying because I don't know sh*t about figures).

Between you and me: Jamcocteau will write a From The Desk Of... article for Ajax USA based on these figures. He will shines his light on Ajax's financial position. :yes:

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » do mar 09, 2006 9:49 pm

What proportion of Celtic's revenue is attributable to sales of Henrik Larsson's toe fungus and toe nail clippings?

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do mar 09, 2006 10:52 pm

dws schreef:What proportion of Celtic's revenue is attributable to sales of Henrik Larsson's toe fungus and toe nail clippings?
and what proportion is from the "The Official Celtic Players Top 20" CD which I bought for £2.99....actually some quite good tracks on there, I think Ajax are missing an opportunity.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr mar 10, 2006 1:36 pm

I think Ajax's "Rode en Wit" chant will be a hit.
Get a Cock

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » vr mar 10, 2006 8:08 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
dws schreef:What proportion of Celtic's revenue is attributable to sales of Henrik Larsson's toe fungus and toe nail clippings?
and what proportion is from the "The Official Celtic Players Top 20" CD which I bought for £2.99....actually some quite good tracks on there, I think Ajax are missing an opportunity.
A mild question:

HOW THE HELL COULD YOU BUY A CD LIKE THAT? BLASPHEMY!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr mar 10, 2006 8:32 pm

Per schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:
A mild question:

HOW THE HELL COULD YOU BUY A CD LIKE THAT? BLASPHEMY!
I don't have a real big problem with any other non-English teams (only support the 'Pool) and will freely admit to owning (and sometimes wearing) shirts from other Dutch teams (just not F-word or PSV) but then I think I own too much junk :blush:

It was quite a good CD track wise as well, and like I said, it was only £2.00

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mar 10, 2006 8:33 pm

SE6 Ajacied will buy everything that's got to do with football.

Is there a CD with a fart from every AGOVV Apeldoorn player on it...? He will buy it when visiting Apeldoorn (especially if it's on sale at the club shop).

:D ;)

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » vr mar 10, 2006 8:43 pm

It wasn't the Celtic thing I ment.

I ment that how could you buy a CD with picks from footie chaps.

But as Ko says.....your're nuts :D

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr mar 10, 2006 8:45 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:SE6 Ajacied will buy everything that's got to do with football.

Is there a CD with a fart from every AGOVV Apeldoorn player on it...? He will buy it when visiting Apeldoorn (especially if it's on sale at the club shop).

:D ;)

K.
Not quite but almost, have you been speaking to my other half? I may not have bought it (I can't really read it) but I did look for your book last time I was over in Scheltema, not a copy in sight that I could see, I think you need to sort it. Apart from Waterstones that mainly (only?) sells English language books thats the biggest bookshop in Amsterdam isn't it?

BTW no problem with AGOVV, saw them lose 3-0 to Volendam one Friday night a couple of years back :xyxthumbs:

Surely the Fart CD would have been in the Red Light District anyway (Fetish Shop?)

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mar 10, 2006 8:53 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:I did look for your book last time I was over in Scheltema, not a copy in sight that I could see, I think you need to sort it.
Scheltema? They should have it... There was an enormous display for my book (like six shelves) in November and December. That display is now gone, but they still order some copies every once in a while.

Where did you look? The sports section? I don't think it's there. Last time I checked it was in the Dutch literature section.

And now back on topic! (Finances!)

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr mar 10, 2006 8:59 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:. Last time I checked it was in the Dutch literature section.

K.
I did look there too...but like I said, I didn't look very hard (BTW I think our posts are livening up this boring finances section (with appologies to any accountants out there ;) )

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » vr mar 10, 2006 9:12 pm

Right: Finances.

Do we own the Arena or is that the city?

/ P

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mar 10, 2006 9:31 pm

Per schreef:Do we own the Arena or is that the city?
The Amsterdam ArenA is an independent company. Ajax rent the place and are the by far biggest tennant. The #2 at the moment would be Mojo Concerts, I guess (a 'daughter' of ClearChannel). They organize a handful of large concerts at the ArenA: Robbie Williams will be their biggest thing this summer (a series of 50,000 capacity shows).

Also very big are the two Sensation trance parties, organized by ID&T. Pretty sure they are 'customer #3' for the ArenA at the moment.

The stadium was built with money from:

1. the state
2. the city of Amsterdam
3. Ajax
4. sponsors
5. individual shareholders

K.
Still alive...

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » za mar 11, 2006 12:20 am

Aren't you forgetting something, Ko?

Everytime it looks like the grass finally catches a foothold on the concrete of the parking lot roof, the pitch is ruined by a bunch of sissies that cover themselves in a mile of soft, diaper-like padding (probably with baby powder inside), do group hugs, take a break every 5 minutes, and dance a watered-down version of rugby in our football stadium.

Meet the ladies:

Afbeelding
Kowalczyk schreef:Ajax rent the place and are the by far biggest tennant. The #2 at the moment would be Mojo Concerts, I guess (a 'daughter' of ClearChannel). They organize a handful of large concerts at the ArenA: Robbie Williams will be their biggest thing this summer (a series of 50,000 capacity shows).

Also very big are the two Sensation trance parties, organized by ID&T. Pretty sure they are 'customer #3' for the ArenA at the moment.
And they're not even paying the full euro for destroying our field. Last time I checked, they had a quarter back.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » za mar 11, 2006 10:03 am

OK, but if we put in money ti bouild it we must have some shares in the company? Or do they even share revenues with us?

Reason I'm asking is:

1. I wanted to know if the Arena was an asset of ours and how much that's worth "in the books" then

2. Owning your own arena will allow for a totally different cash flow, given the events listed above.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mar 24, 2006 11:31 am

Ajax just released their official figures for the first six months of the 2005-2006 season. The club was once again profitable: a minor profit of 0.9 million euros and a positive operational result of 7.3 million euros. This in spite of a negative transfer balance: minus 5.5 million euros.

Once again: I don't understand much of this stuff and I can't really analyze the figures, but they look a bit better than many expected (this season was expected to be a bad one, financially). Perhaps our 'bean counters' can tell us a bit more about it.

Here are the figures (PDF-file):
http://siteworks.ajax.nl/ajax/nl.gx.aja ... nitief.pdf

And here's an appendix to the figures:
http://siteworks.ajax.nl/ajax/nl.gx.aja ... ijlage.pdf

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » vr mar 24, 2006 11:54 am

From what I understand, the investment on KJH as well as the sales of Escude, De Jong, Maxwell and Lobont are not yet part of these numbers.

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » vr mar 24, 2006 11:54 am

Maxwell was not sold.
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mar 24, 2006 11:56 am

I would feel much more comfortable with an English version. However, there are some very interesting informations :
the number of season cards sold was (slightly) higher last season, the CL brought to Ajax a 13,6 M€ income (by the 31/12/05 meaning not including the 1/8 final).
Conclusion : we would need to qualify for the CL…. ;)
Appie, stay strong !

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za mar 25, 2006 2:09 am

Exactly. CL gives quite a sum, about 350k for winning a game, 150k for a draw and I'm not more sure about the other figures, but for competing in CL about 5 or so million, then theres the TV stuff thats about 8 or so million.

In other words, CL=bank. Let's go.
Get a Cock

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » za mar 25, 2006 6:14 am

666 schreef:And they're not even paying the full euro for destroying our field. Last time I checked, they had a quarter back.
:D :worshippy:

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za feb 10, 2007 11:49 pm

A new Deloitte's Money League says that Ajax earned almost 75 mln euro last season, what means that we are just after the first 20. of the richests clubs from Europe.

EDIT: and we know the official players' wages. The richest Ajacied is Wesley Sneijder, who earns 2.6 mln euro (this is just a wage, without commercials etc.). The second on the list is Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, with 2.1 mln. The last Ajacied, who earns more than 1 mln is Johny Heitinga. Stam and Davids were not include, because they didn't play in Ajax for the whole season (but both earned over 3 mln).

Plaats reactie