Ajax Finances

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Scherrer
AT Toto winner 10/11

Bericht door Scherrer » zo feb 11, 2007 12:59 am

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:A new Deloitte's Money League says that Ajax earned almost 75 mln euro last season, what means that we are just after the first 20. of the richests clubs from Europe.

EDIT: and we know the official players' wages. The richest Ajacied is Wesley Sneijder, who earns 2.6 mln euro (this is just a wage, without commercials etc.). The second on the list is Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, with 2.1 mln. The last Ajacied, who earns more than 1 mln is Johny Heitinga. Stam and Davids were not include, because they didn't play in Ajax for the whole season (but both earned over 3 mln).
The bold text is not correct, it includes his commercial income and bonusses. Ajax does not pay 2.6 million just on salary to one player. Those income-figures are derived from Sportweek's Top 100 on income of Dutch sportsmen.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za mar 24, 2007 12:14 am

Ajax lost 5,6m Euros in last 6 months

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr mar 30, 2007 10:50 pm

According to annual listings published in Forbes magazine, Ajax are apparently the 19th richest club in the world - up by two places since last year.

1. Manchester United (ENG) 1,137 billion euro (-)
2. Real Madrid (ESP) 811 million euro (-)
3. Arsenal (ENG) 716 million euro (+1)
4. Bayern Munich (GER) 655 (+1)
5. AC Milan (ITA) 644 (-2)
6. Juventus Turin (ITA) 443 (-)
7. Inter Milan (ITA) 434 (+1)
8. Chelsea (ENG) 420 (-1)
9. Barcelona (ESP) 418 (-)
10. Schalke 04 (GER) 369 (+1)
11. Liverpool (ENG) 355 (-1)
12. Lyon (FRA) 268 (+4)
13. Newcastle (ENG) 203 (-1)
14. Tottenham (ENG) 190 (+1)
15. AS Roma (ITA) 175 (-2)
16. SV Hamburg (GER) 173 (New)
17. Manchester City (ENG) 163 (-3)
18. Borussia Dortmund (GER) 155 (+4)
19. Ajax (NED) 153 (+2)
20. Celtic (SCO) 145 (-3)
21. Everton (ENG) 129 (New)
22. Marseille (FRA) 123 (New)
23. West Ham (ENG) 122 (New)

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za mar 31, 2007 5:59 am

10 players who earned most in last season:

1. Ronaldinho ("Barcelona") 23,5mln(euros)
2. Davidas Beckhamas ("Real") 23,2mln
3. Ronaldo ("AC Milan) 18,6mln
4. Wayne'as Rooney ("Man Utd') 13,7mln
5. Michaelis Ballackas ("Chelsea") 13,4mln
6. Thierry Henry ("Arsenal") 12,6ml
7. Zinedine'as Zidane'as 12,4mln
8. Fabio Cannavaro ("Real") 11,6mln
9. Johnas Terry ("Chelsea") 11,4mln
10. Stevenas Gerrardas ("Liverpool") 11,3mln

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za mar 31, 2007 6:40 am

Why isn't PSV on that club list
Get a Cock

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za mar 31, 2007 9:56 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Why isn't PSV on that club list
I was curious too so did a search to try and find the full list - I thought I'd found it until I noticed Leeds United ( X'D ) at number 20 and then I noticed that I was looking at a 3 years old list.

That tells us all we need to know about this "rich" list I suspect........I'm guessing PSV are on there, just below 23 in the table.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za mar 31, 2007 2:50 pm

Here you go -

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/34/biz ... _Rank.html

We've gone up about 4 places in the last 2 years. The most amazing thing which I found was that ManUre's dedt as a percentage of value is 84%.
Our's is 0%.

Can someone shed some light on this?

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » za mar 31, 2007 2:55 pm

This list isn't about profit or revenues/losses. this list is about value of the stocks. PSV isn't on the list because PSV isn't stockmarket listed.
I think I lost my fucking headache

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » za mar 31, 2007 4:03 pm

Are you sure? I thought there were only a few top clubs in Europe who are listed in the stockmarket.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » za mar 31, 2007 4:38 pm

Forbes is a company that deals with stocks. Above that, there is no way that Ajax had revenues of 196 mio dollars in one season. Also, the column '1-year value change', strongly suggest that the list is dealing with the value of the stocks of the mentioned clubs, and thet this value in this column is compared with last years stockvalue.

Rembrandt III

Bericht door Rembrandt III » za mar 31, 2007 5:03 pm

Muisje Andersom schreef:Forbes is a company that deals with stocks.
Forbes is a publisher/magazine, that's pretty famous for iits yearly lists of whatever subject that deals with money.

Above that, there is no way that Ajax had revenues of 196 mio dollars in one season. Also, the column '1-year value change', strongly suggest that the list is dealing with the value of the stocks of the mentioned clubs, and thet this value in this column is compared with last years stockvalue.
If you would have only read the page a little more carefully, you could have seen that it is an estimate, based on "past transactions, enterprise values (market value plus debt) of publicly traded teams and current stadium deal (unless a new stadium is pending)."

Revenues and EBIT operating income are mentioned as well... (Ajax obviously wouldn't make it into the top20 on revenues)

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » za mar 31, 2007 5:04 pm

Revenues and operating income are for the 2005-2006 season and converted into U.S. dollars based on June 30, 2006 exchange rates.
1 Forbes estimates based on past transactions, enterprise values (market value plus debt) of publicly traded teams and current stadium deal (unless a new stadium is pending).
2Includes stadium debt.
3Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization.
NA: Not available.
Sources: Deloitte & Touche; Company Documents; Forbes;
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za mar 31, 2007 5:41 pm

Amol schreef:
The most amazing thing which I found was that ManUre's dedt as a percentage of value is 84%.

Can someone shed some light on this?
Utd's debt comes from when they were bought out by Malcolm Glazer and family. Before that they were pretty much debt free I think but he financed the purchase against all sorts of borrowings on the club assets X'D , one reason a lot of the fans were so against it and formed their own club

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » za mar 31, 2007 7:33 pm

Rembrandt III schreef:Forbes is a publisher/magazine, that's pretty famous for iits yearly lists of whatever subject that deals with money.
:blush:
I know forbes from stockexchange news

If you would have only read the page a little more carefully, you could have seen that it is an estimate, based on "past transactions, enterprise values (market value plus debt) of publicly traded teams and current stadium deal (unless a new stadium is pending)."

Revenues and EBIT operating income are mentioned as well... (Ajax obviously wouldn't make it into the top20 on revenues)
I saw the other columns and their explanations. But I didn't see the explanation about the first column. i'm pretty sure it's the value of placed stocks, but I can't find it on the page. And the first one is the column on which the order of clubs is made.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma okt 22, 2007 4:00 am

JUNE 2007

Amsterdam, 18 okt 2007
Ajax have announced their annual report over the 2006/2007 season.

Ajax have not taken part in the lucrative Champions League, but the UEFA Cup tournament in 2006/2007.
Players’ transfers have taken place against virtually the fiscal value.
The transfers of Babel, Sneijder and De Mul have all taken place after this fiscal year and count for the 2007/2008 season

Core figures
· Ajax have made a loss of €10.4 million over the fiscal year 2006/2007.
· The net turnover has gone down by €9.5 million, or 12.8 %, from €74.4 million to €64.9 millon.
· The total operating costs have gone down by €1.1 million from €67.4 million to €66.3 million.
· The operational result is minus €1.4 million against plus €7.0 million in 2005/2006.
· Ajax realized a negative sum in transfer fees of €12.6 million. This sum consists of the outgoing transfer fees of 13.1 million and incoming fees of €0.5 million.
· The managing board proposes to process the result of €-10.4 million into the own property
The group assets consist of €57.9 million and amount to 62.6% of the balance total.

Ok i dont understand shit about this ..but i can see a lot off negative numbers...so i guess it cant be good......

Any thoughts.....
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 22, 2007 11:29 am

Without CL money you need to sell players and not let them go on Bosmans or on the cheap. This summer of course we sold Wes, De Mul and
Babel but still let Grygera go for nothing and Maduro is headed the same way.

2007/08 will show a good profit especially if in addition to the above sales
Urby Heits and KJh complete their sales before 30th June 2008!!!!

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma mar 17, 2008 3:38 pm

Ajax Profits Rise After Big-Money Sales

Largely thanks to selling some of their top players last summer, Ajax announced today making a net profit of no less than 21 million euros during the first half of the 2007-’08 financial year.
»Comments Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us
galleria zoom While Zdeněk Grygera, Olaf Lindenbergh and Ymmi Boakye all left Amsterdam on a free transfer in the summer of 2007, Ajax also sold Wes Sneijder, Ryan Babel, Tom de Mul and Kenneth Pérez, who later re-joined them, for a total amount of 37.5 million.

With depreciations reaching the heights of 7.3 million, the Ajax balance of transfer fees is an impressive 30.2 million, even though they did spend quite a lot on buying footballers such as Albert Luque, Dennis Rommedahl and Kennedy Bakircioglü.

Vast improvement

It has to be noted that during the same period last season the Amsterdam giants had announced a loss of 5.6 million. That practically translates into an overwhelming improvement, despite a significant drop of turnover after their failures in Europe this season.

After being knocked out of the European Champions League against Sparta Prague in the third qualifying round, the Godenzonen were also eliminated by Dinamo Zagreb in the first round of the UEFA Cup. Missing out on Europe altogether resulted to a 6.7 % decrease of net turnover to 31.6 million.

40,000 season tickets

Nonetheless, the Amsterdam giants managed to sell more season tickets, in total 39,447 compared to the 38,628 of the ’06-’07 season. Underachieving on the field meant that the club paid 600,000 euros less to both players and technical staff as bonuses, even though salaries actually increased by 1.9 million to 19.6 million.

More sales to come

Ajax’s total business cost from July 1 to December 31 rose to 34.5 million, while the group asset is 78.9 million euros, a 65.2% of the balance total. The club have publicly stated they expect an operational loss throughout the whole fiscal year, even though they expect to raise their net profits by selling more players. Hedwiges Maduro was transferred to Valencia on January 18 for a reported 2.5-million-euros fee.

“Ajax have sufficiently liquidated resources without appealing to the capital market or to a credit supply to finance our activities,” reads an official announcement made to the Amsterdam stock exchange.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mar 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Ajax have replaced Fontein on an interim basis: http://english.ajax.nl/web/show/id=1548 ... ntid=65919.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Ajax Profits Rise After Big-Money Sales

Largely thanks to selling some of their top players last summer, Ajax announced today making a net profit of no less than 21 million euros during the first half of the 2007-’08 financial year.
»Comments Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us
galleria zoom While Zdeněk Grygera, Olaf Lindenbergh and Ymmi Boakye all left Amsterdam on a free transfer in the summer of 2007, Ajax also sold Wes Sneijder, Ryan Babel, Tom de Mul and Kenneth Pérez, who later re-joined them, for a total amount of 37.5 million.

With depreciations reaching the heights of 7.3 million, the Ajax balance of transfer fees is an impressive 30.2 million, even though they did spend quite a lot on buying footballers such as Albert Luque, Dennis Rommedahl and Kennedy Bakircioglü.

Vast improvement

It has to be noted that during the same period last season the Amsterdam giants had announced a loss of 5.6 million. That practically translates into an overwhelming improvement, despite a significant drop of turnover after their failures in Europe this season.

After being knocked out of the European Champions League against Sparta Prague in the third qualifying round, the Godenzonen were also eliminated by Dinamo Zagreb in the first round of the UEFA Cup. Missing out on Europe altogether resulted to a 6.7 % decrease of net turnover to 31.6 million.

40,000 season tickets

Nonetheless, the Amsterdam giants managed to sell more season tickets, in total 39,447 compared to the 38,628 of the ’06-’07 season. Underachieving on the field meant that the club paid 600,000 euros less to both players and technical staff as bonuses, even though salaries actually increased by 1.9 million to 19.6 million.

More sales to come

Ajax’s total business cost from July 1 to December 31 rose to 34.5 million, while the group asset is 78.9 million euros, a 65.2% of the balance total. The club have publicly stated they expect an operational loss throughout the whole fiscal year, even though they expect to raise their net profits by selling more players. Hedwiges Maduro was transferred to Valencia on January 18 for a reported 2.5-million-euros fee.

“Ajax have sufficiently liquidated resources without appealing to the capital market or to a credit supply to finance our activities,” reads an official announcement made to the Amsterdam stock exchange.
Here is a very brief report on the English version of Ajax.nl about the figures...

http://english.ajax.nl/web/show/id=1548 ... ntid=65909

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 10, 2009 8:54 am

As you all know, modern football is all about money. If you'd make a list of European clubs based on their annual budgets/turnovers, that list would look an awful lot like the UEFA ranking (based on results in UEFA competition).

Now, if you would make an Eredivisie table based on annual budgets, it would look like this (budget in millions of euros in brackets):

1. Ajax: 65
2. PSV: 63
3. Feyenoord: 45.9
4. SC Heerenveen: 28
5. AZ: 28
6. FC Twente: 28
7. FC Groningen: 16.7
8. FC Utrecht: 16.5
9. Vitesse: 15.3
10. NAC Breda: 13.5
11. NEC: 12.7
12. Willem II: 12.5
13. Roda JC: 12
14. ADO Den Haag: 12
15. Sparta Rotterdam: 10.5
16. De Graafschap: 9.8
17. Heracles Almelo: 8.5
18. FC Volendam: 5.1

The difference between the budgets of PSV and Ajax does not seem to be that huge, but it is in practice: Ajax's turnover is way bigger, Ajax's sponsor deal with AEGON is much bigger than any other sponsor deal in Holland and Ajax have a positive 'own capital' of some 70 million euros (not sure 'own capital' is the correct term in English; it's a literal translation of the Dutch term). Not many football clubs in the Eredivisie have a positive 'own capital' (Heerenveen are another exception to the rule; Feyenoord, for example, have a pretty huge negative capital).

This shows that Ajax have become terrible under-achievers: richest club in the country, but in this decade Ajax finished lower than 3rd more frequently than they won the championship. AZ and FC Twente are the most remarkable over-achievers: budgets of 28 million each, but ahead of all of the 'Big Three'. Heracles Almelo are also doing well (17th in budget; 13th on the table). The worst under-achievers of the whole bunch are Feyenoord, Roda JC and to a lesser extent Vitesse.

Over-all, though, this 'table shows' that money is the crucial factor in the Dutch Eredivisie: most clubs are pretty much where you'd expect them to be based on their budgets.

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » di feb 10, 2009 9:27 am

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

A very interesting piece, K, especially when you realise that the runaway leaders have a budget of just a third of the one Ajax have. Doesn't this just prove that money does not buy success?
The other question to be asked is how do the clubs below Ajax in the financil league table manage to provide their players with incentives to both produce the goods and, indeed, stay at their clubs? Players coming to Ajax do not seem to have the same incentives as others to "produce the goods", especially, if it's true, they are GIVEN a €25-30,000 Audi... just for signing on the dotted line! It really is about time that, as I stated about two and a half years ago, all payments are linked to the actual results on the field...and that includes the salary of the Coach as well! It's about time that these people actually became accountable for the large sums of money that the supporters spend following their team.
Incidentally, I'm going for a new job soon. I wonder if they'll offer me a "signing on fee" which is as much as my annual salary now?

Let's get things done properly, as in the "real world"..... you get paid for what you produce! High wage earners do NOT always produce the goods...so that is down to bad management. Get the financial side and the incentives corect and in proportion, then the goods SHOULD be delivered... . At the moment, there are too many highly paid players at Ajax who are not delivering the goods....maybe they need an incentive??

Let's see what happens........

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di feb 10, 2009 10:08 am

SaddlerIan schreef: The other question to be asked is how do the clubs below Ajax in the financil league table manage to provide their players with incentives to both produce the goods and, indeed, stay at their clubs? Players coming to Ajax do not seem to have the same incentives as others to "produce the goods", especially, if it's true, they are GIVEN a €25-30,000 Audi... just for signing on the dotted line!
Interesting piece Ko, I think some of the problem is that when players get to Ajax they think they have already "made" it. Having "reached the top", like anyone else perhaps there is a tendency in some to take their foot off the pedal and sit back and wait for the international call-ups and the "inevitable" move to a bigger, richer league.

If it's true then the story about the Audi cars doesn't actually help in this situation and neither does the fact that international recognition (especially for the more "established" nations), and that move to England/Italy/Spain does tend to come with signing for a "big" team. In some ways I expect we are victims of our own success, the "prestige" of the name/shirt etc just re-inforces the impression amongst players that they are there and perhaps don't have to strive for something anymore. It's not so relevant now where just about every top division team in most countries has foreign players on their books but a few years ago virtually every Dutch player abroad had come from either PSV, F-Word or Ajax. That sort of tradition will only re-inforce the above problems - it wasn't as if most players had been youth products of the big 3 or anything, just that the players had passed through those teams before a move abroad, thus re-inforcing the impression amongst some that you've just about made it and the international move and recognition are just a formality.

What I have said is simplistic and certainly not the whole answer but I certainly think it's a factor. We need not to forget as well that players by nature are just comparative youngsters in the world of work, early 20's or whatever. That's unavoidable of course but we can hardly be surprised if they react in a certain way when the car etc are placed on a plate in front of them.

As for what we do about it, I'll leave that to someone else for now, we're by no means the only team with this problem and it isn't just a Dutch thing, others though seem to have coped better.

jamcocteau

Re: Ajax Finances

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo jul 01, 2009 2:45 am

On Monday Ajax were judged in court to pay an additional Eur 5.2m in tax relating to the transfers of Averladze and Laudrup in 1997. The club has until Monday to appeal against this. The club had earmarked a provision of Eur 2,0m back in 2007 for this, so looks like an additional Eur 3,0m will need to come from somewhere.

And with every year the club goes without winning the Eredivisie title and a decent run in Europe then revenue is going to fall further year by year from all sources - gate receipts, sponsors, advertising, TV money etc.

Maybe the move of the offices is not such a stupid idea after all as Ajax must have been paying a large rental charge to the owners of the ArenA for housing admin staff there who not directly the public face of the club could do their job just as efficiently at the Ajax owned Toekomst.

Honestly think if we dont win the league this year then there are going to be very difficult times ahead financially and with the quality of players currently in our squad not many sellable assets to fund future investment.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jul 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Makes me wonder if a sale of Luis Suarez this year is inevitable.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jul 03, 2009 2:23 am

Blind3 schreef:Makes me wonder if a sale of Luis Suarez this year is inevitable.
I think it was inevitable the minute we didn't qualify for the CL.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Plaats reactie